Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Fear Rua

Its Grim up North

T Fearon

Berbatov and Keane are yesterday's men, Arshavin and his mate are the future ;D

Carmen Stateside

Old Bill

Pressure is for tyres! Em,, The board having gone so far to get him will stand by him.  I wouldnt be delighted with his signings so far.  were very short up top and at full backs and central mid.  However if the poor form continues for 6-10 matches then the board may have no choice.

T Fearon

If we get the two Russians we will be fine. Keane is not performing at Anfield, his game relies on pace and as he ages this will diminish. It was a good bit of business getting £18m for him, Getting £30m for Berbatov will be even better as he is lazy and will give about 10 good games a season.if you're lucky.

This time the pressure is all on Levy and Camolli, not so much Ramos

full back

Doesnt matter how much money ye have Tony
If you continue to be as sh1te as you have for the last while no one in their right mind will want to join a team that has no chance of winning anything

The 5th best team in London at the minute

T Fearon

I agree, what is happening is shameful, but changing the manager (yet again) is not the answer. It is time for Camolli to go, what other major club operates with a Director of Football? The likes of Ferguson, Scolari, Wenger and Benitez wouldn't wear it.

bingobus

Quote from: T Fearon on March 28, 2008, 11:23:33 AM
Keeping Berbatov is absolutely vital. I had an opportunity to watch at close hand his contribution last Saturday and the guy is amazing. Had a perfectly good goal disallowed and his first touch is superb. What puzzled me last Saturday was the abuse meted out to Malbranque, which started when his name was read out on the team sheet and continued with every touch of the ball. Sure he's not the best player ever to wear a Spurs jersey and he was diabolical against Seville last year, but whats the point in the constant abuse?

Have you changed your mind??  ;D  ;D

T Fearon

Old Bill

Quote from: T Fearon on August 28, 2008, 12:46:07 PM
I agree, what is happening is shameful, but changing the manager (yet again) is not the answer. It is time for Camolli to go, what other major club operates with a Director of Football? The likes of Ferguson, Scolari, Wenger and Benitez wouldn't wear it.
Yes this goes without saying tony.  comolli out.  Since he arrived in place of Frank arnesen.  Spurs has become a revolving door.  Players like tainio, chimbonda, kaboul, Malbranque, murphy, Davids, Pyo and mido  have come and gone.  Berbatov is surely on his way also  Such wonderful players like prince boateng, gilberto, rocha and assou ekotto remain on the books but hopefully not for much longer!  In saying that i am aware that we have had 3 managers within the last 5 years, but spurs have gone through a huge amount of players in that time and paying huge sums for them at the same time.  Although this year we have recouped more than we have spent SO FAR.  I just feel we have too many flair and attacking players like lennon, jenas, modric, bentley and dos santos who can also play as a forward.  This is probably a good problem to have but i fell we are short of a davids like player like davids (preferably younger!) Zokora can do a job and would add a much needed balance to the midfield but... they are playing him a full back to cover for the scarcity of players there with hutton out.  I dont fancy assou ekotto and bale has potential but is still young.  Hopefully roman pavluvchenko arrives but we need another striker as well. pekhart has gone out on loan where i feel he could have provided cover.  I also wouldnt be a great lover of the keeper gomes.  All doom and gloom i know with chelsea coming to WHL On Sunday!  Team for sun:

Gomes
                           Ekotto      King   Woodgate     Bale
                           Lennon     Modric  Zokora  Bentley
                                      Dos Santos    Bent
Subs Cesar Jenas Dawson Huddlestone O hara
Need a big year from the Thud this year

Old Bill

SNIPER WANTED
TARGET:  David Gill, Sir Alex, Maurice Watkins and a bulgarian gypsy cheat.
PAYMENT:  Any spurs fan!

EC Unique

Hard luck boys. Berba wants to play with the big boys ;D ;D Good luck with getting off the bottom. :-\

T Fearon

Looks like we screwed Man Ure for an extra couple of million, thanks to the intervention of Manchester's richest and soon to be biggest club ;D Now we can go for Arshavin in January ;D

We'll see how long old shit face tolerates Berbatov's tantrums...I'd say he'll be out the door quicker than Jaap Stam

Minder

They got a good price for him, Berbatov & United seem to be well matched.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

QuoteWe'll see how long old shit face tolerates Berbatov's tantrums...I'd say he'll be out the door quicker than Jaap Stam

Maybe, but not quicker than Juane Ramos departure at the Spuds.... and I'll wager you whatever you want at even money on that! ;)