Started by Owenmoresider, October 25, 2007, 08:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Signing Jon Woodgate  :o :o
Have Tottenham not learned from Anderton
A sick note if ever I seen one

Billys Boots

QuoteGood performance from OHara

I liked him alright - he's got to be one of us, get the granny's passport asap.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nifan

His ma is from the north, but he is over 21 and has played for the England youth set up so he wont be eligible for us.

Evil Genius

Quote from: full back on January 29, 2008, 01:08:26 PM
Signing Jon Woodgate  :o :o
Have Tottenham not learned from Anderton
A sick note if ever I seen one

Although he has had his problems with a persistent left hamstring injury (like. e.g. Bryan Robson with his dislocated shoulder), Anderton's tendency to injury is somewhat exagerrated, as demonstrated by the fact that he's just coming up to his 500th senior appearance, most of them at the top level, including 30 England caps.

In fact, in his spell at Tottenham from 1992 - 2004, Anderton played 305 times. Compare that with that other well-known weak and sickly character, Roy Keane, who managed barely more appearances for Man Utd over virtually the same period (326 between 1993 - 2005).

That said, I'm surprised at Spurs taking a chance on Woodgate, esp for so much money and considering he's 28 i.e. little sell-on value. I can only assume Ramos must have been somehow impressed by him during his "long weekend" with Real Madrid and his using his present high standing at the club to insist the Board sign Woodgate?
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Rufus T Firefly

Question for Spurs fans - I only realised recently that the home kit is all white! When was the dark shorts as part of the home kit dropped?

Owenmoresider

Not sure to be honest with you, thought it may have had something to do with marking the 125 years of the club, along with the white-blue halved number. May be wrong, but TF may confirm that. It's always been that way for the European games, though you would be forgiven for not knowing that. ;)

full back

I see Hutton has signed for the spuds
Decent signing for them, from one of if not the best defender in Scotland IMO
Wonder what Fearon will make of him?

nifan

with woodgate and hutton coming in (along with Chris Gunter) will spurs be looking to get rid of anyone at the back?

full back

Quote from: nifan on January 30, 2008, 02:19:30 PM
with woodgate and hutton coming in (along with Chris Gunter) will spurs be looking to get rid of anyone at the back?

A mass cull would be more appropriate

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Hutton is a good player, just a bit ropey at defense! Good at going forward though.

Spuds were robbed paying 9 million for him though!
Tbc....

Gabriel_Hurl

Chimbonda would be on his way - you would think

T Fearon

Hutton is a good signing for Spurs and a good signing for Celtic as well ;D

Can't wait to see the dream back four. Hutton, King, Woodgate or Dawson, Bale

ONeill

Dream?

Spuds still not out of relegation trouble.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Evil Genius on January 29, 2008, 01:47:04 PM
Although he has had his problems with a persistent left hamstring injury (like. e.g. Bryan Robson with his dislocated shoulder), Anderton's tendency to injury is somewhat exagerrated, as demonstrated by the fact that he's just coming up to his 500th senior appearance, most of them at the top level, including 30 England caps.

Thought he was retired, who is he with now EG?
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

Anderton is playing for a club in the 2nd or 3rd division I think.

Spurs only started to play in all white recently. I think Juande has a Real Madrid fetish of some sorts and thats the reason. I prefer the blue shorts and socks myself, being the old traditionalist that I am. Incidentally when are they going to auction those shirts the players wore in the 125 match with Villa as promised?