2007 All-Stars

Started by Hardy, October 23, 2007, 08:15:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

I was away for a few weeks there and I was reading Eugene McGee on the way home yesterday and he said the All Stars teams have been picked. I can't find anything about it on this site or on gaa.ie. Can anyone help?

orangeman

Hardy

Not really. Eugene says the selectors picked the teams last Wednesday. He seems to know the football team, even though he wasn't a selector. He doesn't list it, but is giving out about Canty being picked at No. 4 because McCloy got full back - stuff like that. I know that they used to announce one team and keep the other a secret until the night of the awards and I was just wondering if either team had been announced or if anyone else besides Eugene had unofficially told us the football team or why there wasn't even a mention that the teams had been picked.

Gnevin

Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ludermor

Hardy
there are 2 threads running at the minute , ''dubs get 4'', and ''i hate to say i told you so''
In both of them the citizens of dublin have been most sporting (not gloating) and the rest of the country have been very complimentary.

Billys Boots

Don't worry Hardy, ye got one!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Hardy

Thanks boys. There were a few weeks of threads to wade through and, in fairness, the thread headings didn't really give a clue to the content. Searching for 'star' didn't help anyway. I suppose it's hidden somewhere on gaa.ie too.

Anyway in the time-honoured way, I must protest at the ludicrous decision to omit Brendan Murphy and Darren Fay. Joking aside, the selection of Cluxton is a farce.

ludermor

Quote from: Hardy on October 23, 2007, 09:11:01 AM
. Searching for 'star' didn't help anyway. I suppose it's hidden somewhere on gaa.ie too.

Donaghy should have got one

gaagaa

Quote from: ludermor on October 23, 2007, 09:16:13 AM
. Searching for 'star' didn't help anyway. I suppose it's hidden somewhere on gaa.ie too.

Donaghy should have got one

i dont think so ;D ;D ;D

Bogball XV

Thanks boys. There were a few weeks of threads to wade through and, in fairness, the thread headings didn't really give a clue to the content. Searching for 'star' didn't help anyway. I suppose it's hidden somewhere on gaa.ie too.

Anyway in the time-honoured way, I must protest at the ludicrous decision to omit Brendan Murphy and Darren Fay. Joking aside, the selection of Cluxton is a farce.
gaa.ie is a f**king joke of a site - do the gaa not realise that in this day and age people expect to be able to access latest scores, results, stats, draws, etc at the touch of a button?  This applies to club games too, recently Loneshark had to come on here trying to see if anyone could help provide the draws for the club championships. 
The official gaa site should have latest scores for county finals, links to local broadcasts (where available), tv schedules, archive scores.........

It's time they got their act together

Rant over, fcuk but that website annoys me!

his holiness nb

Quote from: ludermor on October 23, 2007, 08:54:11 AM
Hardy
there are 2 threads running at the minute , ''dubs get 4'', and ''i hate to say i told you so''
In both of them the citizens of dublin have been most sporting (not gloating) and the rest of the country have been very complimentary.

Wonderfully put!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

Is that website still designed and run by a crowd in New Zealand? Buy Irish my hole.

orangeman