Dubs get 4!

Started by Buckass, October 19, 2007, 09:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Anyone But Whelan probably.  ::)

Dont Matter

I haven't read through this thread so can someone tell me how dublin got 4 all-stars? Who are the all-star selectors and were they doing more drugs than a dub on Hill 16?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Kerry Mike

Yerra you'd be happy enough with 6 awards after winning an All Ireland and well done to Marc O'Se, Tomas O'Se, Aidan O'Mahony, Darragh O'Se, Declan O'Sullivan and Colm Cooper on their well deserved awards. Of the 6 Aidan O'Mahony was probably the only doubt, but he had a great Munster and AI Final and stood up to the Dubs when needed so there can be no argument.

Congratulations too to Marc O'Se for an outstanding year and winning the player of the year award. Is it a first for a corner back?
Dissapointed that Declan O'Sullivan did not win it but he is still in with a shout for the car and the GPA award and he has had the biggest award of all this year, lifting Sam Maguire AGAIN.

Well done too to Killian Young on winning the young player of ther year, he had an outstanding first year and was very unlucky to lose out on an actual award but they had to fit a jackeen in there somewhere I suppose, so not to worry Killian an All Ireland medal in your arse pocket is more important than any auld All Star award.

Diarmuid Murphy too was not far off an award either and it is a huge shame on the judges that Seamus Scanlon did not even get a nomination, the man had a towering first full season. Paul Galvin or Kieran Donaghy were not at their best like last year but the addition of another All Ireland medal will shorten their winter.

The O'Se brothers for Ard an Bothar back in West Kerry have set their own bit of history, it is an amazing achievement for one family who have given so much to Kerry football, but I would say the 20 All Ireland medals that they share with Paidi means more to them than anything else, hopefully Darragh will give it one more lash in 2008.

As for the other awards winners well done to all (even to the lonely langer and the media friendly Jackeens), these awards always have their controversies, but they are little consolation to not winning an AI medal..
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

The Hill is Blue

Quote from: Dont Matter on October 22, 2007, 08:06:03 PM
I haven't read through this thread so can someone tell me how dublin got 4 all-stars? Who are the all-star selectors and were they doing more drugs than a dub on Hill 16?

Did you watch any football during the year?  ::)
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

Frank Casey

Quote from: Kerry Mike on October 22, 2007, 08:08:02 PM

As for the other awards winners well done to all (even to the lonely langer and the media friendly Jackeens), these awards always have their controversies, but they are little consolation to not winning an AI medal..

The Hill is Blue - Please note ;D ;D ;D ;D
KERRY 3:7