Dubs get 4!

Started by Buckass, October 19, 2007, 09:13:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 21, 2007, 06:33:03 PM
i'm not talking about dominating i'm talking about playing!

So when did Whelan not play for 70 mins or what do you mean play for 70 mins???

pintsofguinness

I think everyone knows what I'm talking about, Whelan goes missing in games, have you not noticed?
One or two good catches and an assault here and there does not make you an all star.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Gnevin on October 21, 2007, 12:41:06 AM
I have to say i find this all very amusing . The outrage is highly amusing , how dare they give the Dub's 4 shocking!

At the end of the day Cluxton is the best keeper in the country by miles ,made one mistake all year and did a lot to keep the Dubs in a few games , their can be few arguments against Cahill, Whelan had a great season , I though O se was a cert and it was a came down to  Whelan V Murphy , Murphy was non existent in the final against Kerry so the balance was swung towards Whelan. Brogan is the only one i would say was lucky to get one .

I don't agree Cluxton is best keeper in the country i think Brendan Murphy the Meath goalie is a better shot stopper,and kept Meath in a lot of games this year,especially in the drawn game v Dublin.
Have no problem at all with Whelan or Cahill getting awards and i think everyone agrees A Brogan was lucky to get one
You'll Never Walk Alone.

orangeman

Four for Dublin - 1 for Cork  = shambles !

Gnevin

Quote from: orangeman on October 21, 2007, 10:15:43 PM
Four for Dublin - 1 for Cork  = shambles !
Cork where the shambles , Monaghan where better than them yes year . Where lucky to get one
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

If this is how you boys react to Dublin getting for All Stars it will be just classic reading when we finally get Sam some day. I was listening to a Whelan interview after the All Stars and he seemed more cut up about this years defeat and focusing on the Louth game next year than the award itself! Sounds like Dublin wont be taking the League serious again.
Grand Slam Saturday!

ONeill

QuoteSounds like Dublin wont be taking the League serious again.

If that was them taking it seriously......
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on October 21, 2007, 11:00:20 PM
If this is how you boys react to Dublin getting for All Stars it will be just classic reading when we finally get Sam some day. I was listening to a Whelan interview after the All Stars and he seemed more cut up about this years defeat and focusing on the Louth game next year than the award itself! Sounds like Dublin wont be taking the League serious again.

Surely they will be trying to get out of Division 2 so that they can play with the big boys in Division 1 the following year   :P
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on October 21, 2007, 11:09:36 PM
Quote from: Tankie on October 21, 2007, 11:00:20 PM

Surely they will be trying to get out of Division 2 so that they can play with the big boys in Division 1 the following year   :P

I'm sure they will want to get out of D2 but not the main objective, if we can find some new young talent during the league it will be a success.

Funny how 3 of the 4 Semi Finalists are in D2 this year. D1 is looking tough anyway, Kildare on a good day can score 1-6 ::)
Grand Slam Saturday!

DMarsden

I wonder what the GPA selection will look like in comparison.

they could earn their awards a fair bit of credability this year.

magpie seanie

Do you have to vote to go on strike to be considered?

his holiness nb

Its amazing the uproar on here for the Dubs getting 4 awards.
According to the recent poll on here, Dublin were voted far and away the second best team in the country.
If its not about teams but rather individuals, why all the whingeing about them getting four while only making the semis? Surely then its not about how far the team goes rather how well the individual plays while his team is there?

Pints, your comments about Whelan "One or two good catches and an assault here and there does not make you an all star" are just childish.
He did a hell of a lot more than one or two good catches this year, and exactly which "assaults" are you referring to?
Unless you are suggesting incidents in previous years should influence this years award I cant think of anything.

This fact that this thread is called "Dubs get 4!" as opposed to "All Star Winners" or something not focusing on the Dubs says it all.
And ye keep reminding us the world doesnt revolve around the Dubs, yet ye just cant stop talking about them!  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

DMarsden

My impression is that people can't stop talking about the inexplicable dublin bias in the meeja, andwith good reason.

i wish the dubs would actually do something to justify the bumbing and blowing we have to listen to on a consistent basis.

his holiness nb

Quote from: DMarsden on October 22, 2007, 12:07:03 PM

My impression is that people can't stop talking about the inexplicable dublin bias in the meeja, andwith good reason.

i wish the dubs would actually do something to justify the bumbing and blowing we have to listen to on a consistent basis.

The media is based in Dublin, Dulblin is the capital, its always been this way, and always will, get over it, its a boring argument at this stage.
It probably does Dublin more harm than good to have all the media attention anyway.

As per my last post, it was voted on THIS SITE by yourselves, NOT THE MEDIA that the Dubs were the second best team in the country.
Now if a newspaper journalist said that you would be giving out saying thats bullshit!

Now this thread is about the allstars, not the papers, so I dont get your point, unless you are saying Dublin got the awards just for being Dublin players as opposed to their performances on the field??
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on October 22, 2007, 12:13:26 PM
Quote from: DMarsden on October 22, 2007, 12:07:03 PM

The media is based in Dublin, Dulblin is the capital, its always been this way, and always will, get over it, its a boring argument at this stage.
It probably does Dublin more harm than good to have all the media attention anyway.

As per my last post, it was voted on THIS SITE by yourselves, NOT THE MEDIA that the Dubs were the second best team in the country.
Now if a newspaper journalist said that you would be giving out saying thats bullshit!

Now this thread is about the allstars, not the papers, so I dont get your point, unless you are saying Dublin got the awards just for being Dublin players as opposed to their performances on the field??
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=4770.0
Look how helpful i am HHN
Interested Dublin got almost twice the vote of the next nearest team , while  Cork where joint 2nd last
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.