BBC 606 Phone ins' bias against real Irish fans

Started by T Fearon, October 18, 2007, 04:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

While driving home from Dublin last night, the Presenter, Tim what's his face asked real Ireland fans to ring in with their view on Ireland and Staunton. I did so, and the guy who took my call said there were some interesting points in the gist of what I had to say,and that the producer might ring me back. It never happened yet at least two supporters of the exclusively Unionist Monocultural Six County team were brought on air to mouth shite like how they still might qualify and one of them admitted that for six county supporters generally England were their second team and how he would love to see them qualify etc.

Is 606 biased against real Ireland fans are can they just not handle superior intellects?

spiritof91and94

After watching that shower of shite I wonder why you werent allowed to talk about it.

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on October 18, 2007, 04:54:11 PM
...and the guy who took my call said there were some interesting points in the gist of what I had to say,and that the producer might ring me back.

Er, don't ring us, we'll ring you...

Most people keep quiet when they get dumped, but you have to broadcast it.  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

Orior

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2007, 05:02:10 PM
QuoteWhile driving home from Dublin last night, the Presenter, Tim what's his face asked real Ireland fans to ring in with their view on Ireland and Staunton. I did so
:o
Tut Tut Tony!

I assume TF has a hands free kit?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Evil Genius

Quote from: Orior on October 18, 2007, 05:12:30 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2007, 05:02:10 PM
QuoteWhile driving home from Dublin last night, the Presenter, Tim what's his face asked real Ireland fans to ring in with their view on Ireland and Staunton. I did so
:o
Tut Tut Tony!

I assume TF has a hands free kit?

Yeah, but he was probably eating a burger at the time, as well... 8)
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

deiseach

Quote from: hardstation on October 18, 2007, 06:45:49 PM
Tony comes back to the board when it gets a certain number of members.
Hmmm!

Do you miss anything?

I'm tempted to create an account so you look daft

Puckoon

He might be short on teeth, but his eyesight is above 20/20.

passedit

Tony have you no cop on

Sorry stupid question.

606 on international night always has at least one charter box ticking token sick counties supporter on with a sickening dose of bestfansintheworld syndrome (probably caught from a mexican neighbour). Just tell the researcher you're over the moon that the gallant paupers (some on only six or seven grand a week apparently) were prepared to die for the jersey etc etc. Then when you get on you can launch into your stan is a misunderstood genius rant.

Alternatively you can just laugh at Lovejoy who last night came out with the classic that engerland had twenty (yes twenty) world class players to pick from.  ::)

You can take the man from sky but you cant take his head out of the clouds.

Don't Panic

saffron sam2

Is 606 biased against real Ireland fans are can they just not handle superior intellects?

Superior intellect indeed, Anthony.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

SammyG

You obviously weren't listening very carefully Tony. The second caller was an RoI supporter, although he did think that the IFA ran football in the RoI, that 'soccer shouldn't be allowed in Croke Park' and that the RoI would still qualify if they won their last 3 matches. So I'm not sure about his superior intellect.

T Fearon

I concede you could be right Sammy. The reception in the inner city Dublin area was not great at the start of the programme, but in the 3/4s I heard clearly, six county unionist team supporters held sway.

Is England your second team as well? One of the guys was called Gary. Wonder was it the same Gary who's Chairman of the amalgamed Unionist supporters club who also doubles up as a street protestor against Taigs being allocated housing in N.Belfast?

nifan

So you didnt hear the progrmame, missed at least one ROI caller but heard 2 NI callers. Yes, a huge bias.
it is a UK radio station anyway, and id say the ROI radio stations focused on the ROI team.

illdecide

While driving home from Dublin last night, the Presenter, Tim what's his face asked real Ireland fans to ring in with their view on Ireland and Staunton. I did so, and the guy who took my call said there were some interesting points in the gist of what I had to say,and that the producer might ring me back. It never happened yet at least two supporters of the exclusively Unionist Monocultural Six County team were brought on air to mouth shite like how they still might qualify and one of them admitted that for six county supporters generally England were their second team and how he would love to see them qualify etc.

Tony the clue is they're British ;) :D. Britian generally consits of England, Scotland, Wales and Norn Iron etc etc. That rules out the Republic of Ireland as they are not part of Britan and no-one on 909/606 is interested.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

T Fearon

What is it about the line "Tim whatshisface, the presenter, asked (ie invited,appealed for,begged,pleaded with etc etc) Irish fans to ring in with their verdict on S taunton and the Ireland team" that you all don't understand? :o

In otherwords a proactive request was made by Tim Lovejoy, the Presenter,for real Ireland fans to ring the show with their views (after a short clip of a post match interview with Stan was actually played).

Evil Genius

Quote from: T Fearon on October 19, 2007, 01:50:34 PM
In otherwords a proactive request was made by Tim Lovejoy, the Presenter,for real Ireland fans to ring the show with their views (after a short clip of a post match interview with Stan was actually played).

As ever, a mass of contradictions mixed in with the usual, bigoted rant... ::)

Namely, if the Beeb is so "biased" against fans of the "real Ireland"*, why would the presenter ask for their fans to contribute?

Why were you listening to a British radio station, rather than a "really Irish" one?

If the Beeb did actually take calls from at least one "real Ireland" fan, why did they not also take yours? Perhaps because they didn't want any old "real Ireland" fan, just the intelligent ones with something to say?

And how can you be a "real Ireland" fan if you don't even come from the "real Ireland", nor aren't prepared to move to the "real Ireland"?  :o

Still, you must be comforted by the clear improvement in the fortunes of the "real Ireland" under Stan, now that he's lifted them to the dizzying heights of avoiding defeat by "real Cyprus"!  ;)   

* - Did Lovejoy really use that phrase, or are you, ahem, making it up?
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"