Hooligans plan trouble at GAA matches

Started by Guillem2, October 10, 2007, 07:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Quote from: Aristotle Flynn on October 12, 2007, 01:52:15 PM
This behaviour ought to be brought to the attention of their parents and the Parish Priest. They should try a good talking to before slaps are considered.
That dancing might not be at Longstone in South Down but it does look like the stone itself and the man with his hanky hanging out looks very like Emmett Haughian.

you will likely find that the parents (if there are even 2 parents) dont give a sh*t. this is why society has deterioted into the situation it has!

Pietas

Just getting back to those Mayo idiots, the funniest thing was their webpage on Bebo which targetted Parnell Park for their next trouble making exercise.

There were three things wrong with that assertion.

(i) Dublin wont be playing Mayo in Parnell Park next year, not competitively anyway.

(ii) Its a bad idea for visiting fans to cause trouble in Parnell Park.

(ii) It's an even worse idea to let the Dubs know you're coming!
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

full back

This behaviour ought to be brought to the attention of their parents and the Parish Priest. They should try a good talking to before slaps are considered.
That dancing might not be at Longstone in South Down but it does look like the stone itself and the man with his hanky hanging out looks very like Emmett Haughian.

I honestly dont believe it would make one iota of difference what the PP's said to not only the ones involved but to the majority of under 18's nowadays. Many of them dont attend mass (excluding A4SA, he hasnt been about in a while - any word) and have little or no respect for priests

Gnevin

Quote from: Pietas on October 12, 2007, 02:51:05 PM
Just getting back to those Mayo idiots, the funniest thing was their webpage on Bebo which targetted Parnell Park for their next trouble making exercise.

There were three things wrong with that assertion.

(i) Dublin wont be playing Mayo in Parnell Park next year, not competitively anyway.

(ii) Its a bad idea for visiting fans to cause trouble in Parnell Park.

(ii) It's an even worse idea to let the Dubs know you're coming!

Cause trouble in Parnell Park the place is tiny! They must just want their heads kicked in. Is it only the Dubs they hate?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Pietas

I think self-laothing is the real problem here.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

orangeman

Do these boys not know what the Love Ulster boys got last year when they went to cause trouble in Dublin ?

AZOffaly

Don't be silly orangeman. What the the 'Love Ulster boys get'? They sat up in their buses playing their drums while scumbags ran amok on the main street of our capital city throwing blocks and weapons at *our* gardai, looting shops and burning out cars. Is that something to be proud of, or are you insinuating that GAA fans should/would behave like that?

Louth Exile

Quote from: Bacon on October 11, 2007, 09:45:17 PM
I know that this carry on has been brought to the attention of the Down County Board. Longstone have been warned to sort it out. Committee members will be visiting household tonight and tomorrow. Parents will be reminded of their responsibilities.

Proper order. I know they are just a bunch of 15 year old numbnuts but as HHNB has already pointed out, its this soccer mentality that you don't want to see creeping into our organisation. The media would be only to happy to pick up on something like this (I don't want to reopen the other debate on this thread, but yes it would be the type of coverage UTV would give to the GAA). I watched most of this match the other evening when it was rerun on Setanta. I would imagine that they use TG4's coverage (easytiger or gaa beo would know) and even their cameras were giving these guys a fair bit of attention.

I know that if some little shits within my own club decided to start up their own wee ultra wing..... well lets just say that our 'commitee' would make sure that these boys didn't show their faces and of our club games  ;)

They weren't obviously bothered about giving away their identites when you look through the bebo page. Also looked at the other vids that they put up on you tube. They have one which clearly shows one of their houses (nice looking house too!) http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=Dkkejs4yfG0

Now I know nothing about longstone, but going by the names of players mentioned in commentary on Setanta the other evening in the full rerun and names appearing on the bebo site, all these little gobshites appear to be connected to the club. If the club has any cop on they will sort it out.
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Colonel Cool

Emmett Haughian morris dancing!!  :D :D :D

I'd say the Stone committee will be on the ball this weekend and there will be no repeat of last weeks carry on. The headline on this thread is way over the top IMO.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

southdown

I am from Longstone, that video Lecale put up is not Longstone, the english accents might be a give away!  This whole thing is been blown way out of proporortion.  This bebo page has been on the go for ages, and as far as I know it was just a bit of craic among school kids.  If any of you have actually been to one of our matches you will have seen that these lads always stand in the same place at every game. It just so happened that a small fight between 2 or 3 lads at a big game.  Even more, the video shows a mayobridge lad been thrown out, yet its Longstone who are getting slated here.  This has been highly exagerated, nobody who was at the game can honestly say the incident was major.

At the same time this cant be defended, they have completely shamed our club, pack of absolute idiots.

Tankie

its hard to believe that there are scumbags outside dublin!!! wat next, other counties have loads of fair weatjer fans to???? why give these gob shites the time by discussing their shitty site!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Bacon

Quote from: southdown on October 13, 2007, 10:22:21 PM
I am from Longstone, that video Lecale put up is not Longstone, the english accents might be a give away! 

If it's not Longstone why is Emmett Haughian there?   ???  It certainly looks like Longstone to me.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Louth Exile

Well, was there any bother at the game this week??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

pintsofguinness

Quoteits hard to believe that there are scumbags outside dublin!!!
I don't think there's any comparison between kids acting hard and drugs being passed around on the hill. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Sky Blue

Was there any bother from the Ultras at the replay? Who is this guy Haughian and why does he organise these strange dances?