Hooligans plan trouble at GAA matches

Started by Guillem2, October 10, 2007, 07:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Police

Quote from: ziggysego on October 10, 2007, 08:16:19 PM
They just look like a load of tosser.

This is The Police

The sentence above does not make sense whatsoever.

I'm not here to cause trouble. On your way.

his holiness nb

The county with the "Ultras" was Mayo.
Gang of about 20-30 of them were at the Mayo / Dublin league game.
Now while they were only scrawny young lads and werent violent it was the soccer thug mentality that worried me.

They deliberatly stood right beside the crowd of Dubs behind the goal that day and as soon as the game started singing "f**k the dubs" while facing the Dublin fans and giving the fingers.
They continued with "go home, to your council flats" and "I'd rather be a pakkie than a Dub" among others.
Although there was no violence, it came very close on a few occasions as some of the Dubs started to get sick of the abuse.
I moved the missus back up the stand out of the way as I felt something could genuinely happen.

These longstone lads are obviously stupid young lads too, but lets not fob this attitude off totally, unless zero tolerance is used, its only a matter of time before we see fighting in the stands at one of our games.
A tiny, tiny minority, but tell that to the media!
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

This longstone place looks like a failed experiment. They all look like idiots
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tubberman

QuoteThe county with the "Ultras" was Mayo.
Gang of about 20-30 of them were at the Mayo / Dublin league game.
Now while they were only scrawny young lads and werent violent it was the soccer thug mentality that worried me.

They deliberatly stood right beside the crowd of Dubs behind the goal that day and as soon as the game started singing "f**k the dubs" while facing the Dublin fans and giving the fingers.
They continued with "go home, to your council flats" and "I'd rather be a pakkie than a Dub" among others.
Although there was no violence, it came very close on a few occasions as some of the Dubs started to get sick of the abuse.
I moved the missus back up the stand out of the way as I felt something could genuinely happen.

These longstone lads are obviously stupid young lads too, but lets not fob this attitude off totally, unless zero tolerance is used, its only a matter of time before we see fighting in the stands at one of our games.
A tiny, tiny minority, but tell that to the media!

And the Mayo Cult died a very quick death. There hasn't been sight nor sound of them since that game. It's just a gang of spotty 15 year olds. Obviously not something that can be tolerated, and it might be slightly worrying, but I don't think it's a major issue for the GAA
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Silky

These young lads look really cool in a dark menacing sort of way. The dancing round the Longstone reminds me of that film "Wicker Man".

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tubberman on October 11, 2007, 10:53:04 AM
And the Mayo Cult died a very quick death. There hasn't been sight nor sound of them since that game.

Thats cause there hasnt been sight nor sound of Mayo since that game  :D :D :D
Seriously though, thats good news.
Ask me holy bollix

Tubberman

QuoteThats cause there hasnt been sight nor sound of Mayo since that game   

Touché!  :D
Don't worry - we'll be back to break ye're hearts some sunny Sunday again  ;)

As a wise man once said "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." 
He was surely talking about Mayo....  :)

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tubberman on October 11, 2007, 04:27:47 PM
Don't worry - we'll be back to break ye're hearts some sunny Sunday again  ;)

Now that I dont doubt!
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

A few wee slaps will sort all this out ! But not too hard !

his holiness nb

Quote from: orangeman on October 11, 2007, 06:38:24 PM
A few wee slaps will sort all this out ! But not too hard !

I agree, but the danger is the few wee slaps will be at the wrong time, like in front of BBC cameras!
Ask me holy bollix

orangeman

Bacon

I know that this carry on has been brought to the attention of the Down County Board. Longstone have been warned to sort it out. Committee members will be visiting household tonight and tomorrow. Parents will be reminded of their responsibilities. This is bringing discredit upon the Association.

Even poor Morris dancing like that brings disgrace on our county and the entire Association. They have been formally warned and I am sure there will be no repetition.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

SouthArmaghBandit

Is this the Longstone scor team? Typical Down, not addressing the real issues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BgbU-XJnws

Excellent Lecale2!!  :D :D

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Aristotle Flynn

This behaviour ought to be brought to the attention of their parents and the Parish Priest. They should try a good talking to before slaps are considered.
That dancing might not be at Longstone in South Down but it does look like the stone itself and the man with his hanky hanging out looks very like Emmett Haughian.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.