Nokia Phones

Started by lemon125, October 08, 2007, 07:43:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemon125

Does anyone else have a problem with their Nokia batteries? I have just gotten a Nokia 7373 and the battery is lasting a maximum of two and a half days. I know that new phones have way more features than before cameras, radio etc. But surely the battery lasting longer than two days should be fairly standard.

ExiledGael

Suppose it depend on what you're doing with it. If you're making lots of calls it will run down quick. iIve a Motorola and two days would be the maximum I'd get out of the battery and that's with average enough use

lemon125

Only in college so not making that many that many phone calls. Send a few texts alright. The thing just seems to be programmed for the battery to start running down on the second day no matter how much or little I use it.

Redgreenery

Quote from: lemon125 on October 08, 2007, 07:43:49 PM
Does anyone else have a problem with their Nokia batteries? I have just gotten a Nokia 7373 and the battery is lasting a maximum of two and a half days. I know that new phones have way more features than before cameras, radio etc. But surely the battery lasting longer than two days should be fairly standard.

Mabye its not a battery made to last give or take a week like some are. How long have you the phone because it takes a fair while for the battery to get to its best, the battery should be gradually lasting longer.

lemon125

Have it about two and a half weeks. Have been asking other people who have nokai phones and they seem to be the same with the two days. The funny thing is that the one I had a few years ago lasted way longer - 3/4 days when I had it first not like this one.

ludermor

i have a N95 and the battery is woeful, id do anything to get 1 day! it has to be charged twice a day

lemon125

Is that what I have to look forward to? How old is it?

ludermor

about a month! and thats with all the 'extras' off. its a class phone just a shite battery

ziggysego

I get 2 1/2 days on my Nokia N73.

Didn't know that about Bluetooth, thanks hardstation. Time I turned it off.
Testing Accessibility

pintsofguinness

Mine (N73) has refused to charge this evening - back to the f**king shop tomorrow. It's four months old and  I've been trying to ignore the annoying things it does but this is it!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ziggysego

Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 08, 2007, 09:20:29 PM
Mine (N73) has refused to charge this evening - back to the f**king shop tomorrow. It's four months old and  I've been trying to ignore the annoying things it does but this is it!

Check your charger. Did that to me too last week. My wee brother stepped on the charger and the socket-type-thing got bent. Made him get me a new one.
Testing Accessibility

ludermor

bluetooth is off on mine and it makes feck all difference and the biggest pain is you get no warning, once the warning beep goes the phone will be off in minutes

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on October 08, 2007, 09:23:26 PM
Lads, this is ironic but I dropped my phone in the back of a taxi about 20 minutes ago. I'm sitting here waiting on taxi company ringing me back (on the house phone).

I hope you were in a Fonacab or Valucab as you will be waiting a while for a few of the "private hire" firms in the West to get back to you !

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ziggysego on October 08, 2007, 09:22:10 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on October 08, 2007, 09:20:29 PM

Check your charger. Did that to me too last week. My wee brother stepped on the charger and the socket-type-thing got bent. Made him get me a new one.
Charger charged another phone to day. 
I'm f**king sick of this piece of shit - it loses coverage all the time (for no reason - there should be coverage where I am).  If you turn it off and back on it'll tell you you've voice mail when you dont.
People can't get through to you because the phone won't ring it just goes straight to voice mail if they leave a message you don't get it. 
Text Messages take ages to go - and sometimes fail - if you turn the phone on and off and try to send again it might work. 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on October 08, 2007, 09:32:02 PM
Quote from: Balboa on October 08, 2007, 09:29:45 PM
Quote from: hardstation on October 08, 2007, 09:23:26 PM
Lads, this is ironic but I dropped my phone in the back of a taxi about 20 minutes ago. I'm sitting here waiting on taxi company ringing me back (on the house phone).

I hope you were in a Fonacab or Valucab as you will be waiting a while for a few of the "private hire" firms in the West to get back to you !
Aye, just phoned me. "The fella just checked the whole car there but couldn't find it". BOLLOX!

Tell him if he checks his pocket he will find it.......