Ulster Club Hurling Championships

Started by Lecale2, October 08, 2007, 01:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colonel Cool

Today's Ulster Minor Hurling final, Ballycran v Middletown has been called off due to death in the Ballinascreen club.
I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

johnneycool

Quote from: Colonel Cool on December 02, 2007, 12:53:58 PM
Today's Ulster Minor Hurling final, Ballycran v Middletown has been called off due to death in the Ballinascreen club.

The delay didn't stop the Crans from claiming their second title yesterday with a good win over Middletown. 3-14 to 1-3 is a good return in any man's language

Well done to all involved.

Guillem2

Well done Ballycran in retaining the Ulster title. They have a good underage structure down there and the lads that played senior championship did very well.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Congrats to the Crans on another fine win in the Minor Championship. I would have no hesitation in saying that the current group of Cran minors would have to be one of the strongest teams ever in that competition. Future looks very bright for the men from Mc Kenna Park over the next few years.

Bacon

That was a great Ballycran minor team this year. I think someone told me there was 5 of them on the Ballycran SHC winning team. Would that be right? I know Ennis the goalkeeper, Connor Woods and James Coyle were all minors. Who were the others?
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Paul Keith is a minor and started in the county final as well, don't think there was anyone else who started although Paudie Flynn would probably have been close if he hadn't got injured earlier in the year and certainly played some league games for them while Sean Ennis is only out of minor having been the minor captain last year.

maddog

Quote from: Plastic Paddy on November 14, 2007, 10:32:45 PM
All 1/4 finals are on the 20th on the masterplan.Mitchel's wanted to play it this year but I dont think Armoy did.Mitchel's have heard nothing of the 27th and we have tried to find out so we are assuming the 20th at an Antrim venue.

confirmed as Casement Park 2pm 20th Jan.

Glensman

Superb testament to Cloughmills that their pitch is playable at this time of year.

Hope the rain stays off and (either way) a big crowd turns out to support the Glen Rovers.

slow corner back

Glen Rovers 1-11 John Mitchells 1-7
A good game given the time of year with Armoy having to come from behind again to claim the victory. John Mitchells settled the quicker and after 10 minutes lead 1-2 to 0-1. The goal by the big No14 who was dangerous all day. Both sides missed a few scoreable chances in the rest of the half and at half time John Mitchells lead by 1-4 to 0-3. As the second half progressed Armoy started to slowly take control moving the ball well and getting a good supply into the full forward line. With 10 minutes to go Armoy had pulled level at 1-6 to 0-9. Then Steven McBride managed to round his marker well and scored a good goal for Armoy. John Mitchells pushed hard to get back into the game scoring a 70 to narrow the gap but two late points brought Armoy home safely.
From an Armoy point of view I thought our full forward line looked quite sharp when they started to get a decent supply of ball. John Mitchells ran out of steam I thought, some big men just did not seem to have the legs in the second half. Overall very happy a good tight match to get us back in the swing of things, next up Conaghy Shamrocks next Sunday.

Lecale2

A good day all round for Antrim hurling!

maddog

Quote from: slow corner back on January 20, 2008, 07:34:52 PM
Glen Rovers 1-11 John Mitchells 1-7
A good game given the time of year with Armoy having to come from behind again to claim the victory. John Mitchells settled the quicker and after 10 minutes lead 1-2 to 0-1. The goal by the big No14 who was dangerous all day. Both sides missed a few scoreable chances in the rest of the half and at half time John Mitchells lead by 1-4 to 0-3. As the second half progressed Armoy started to slowly take control moving the ball well and getting a good supply into the full forward line. With 10 minutes to go Armoy had pulled level at 1-6 to 0-9. Then Steven McBride managed to round his marker well and scored a good goal for Armoy. John Mitchells pushed hard to get back into the game scoring a 70 to narrow the gap but two late points brought Armoy home safely.
From an Armoy point of view I thought our full forward line looked quite sharp when they started to get a decent supply of ball. John Mitchells ran out of steam I thought, some big men just did not seem to have the legs in the second half. Overall very happy a good tight match to get us back in the swing of things, next up Conaghy Shamrocks next Sunday.

The centre half forward for Mitchellls Stephen Ahern (cork) got the goal, or so he's been telling everyone since. 100% correct in the Mitchells ran out of steam. They struggle to get competitive games over here and it showed in the second half. Fair play to the lads they tried their guts out but it wasnt to be. Thought the ref was fair enough overall. Cloughmills asking for £7 into a junior hurling match was taking the piss.

clootfromthe21

Your ire is misdirected Maddog. It wasn't Cloughmills that set the £7 price (of which only a small fraction went to the host club) but rather an edict from on high.

maddog

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on January 22, 2008, 03:07:21 PM
Your ire is misdirected Maddog. It wasn't Cloughmills that set the £7 price (of which only a small fraction went to the host club) but rather an edict from on high.

Who's decision was it to move the match, surely there was a ground playable in the Belfast area?

Plastic Paddy

John Mitchel's Hurling Club,Warwickshire would like to wish Armoy the very best in tomorrows semi .We also thank them for their hospitality after the match and hope to meet up with them soon.
Also we would like to thank everyone that travelled from England to support us and also family members and ex players who travelled from all over Ireland.They all helped to make it a great atmosphere at the match and it was a pity we could not pull it off.

Blacksheep

Slaughtneil win Costcutters Indoor League
26 January 2008

Slaughtneil Emmets took the Costcutters North Antrim Under 12 Indoor Hurling League Division 1 title out of the county for the first time when they beat Rossa in Saturday's final at the Seven Towers Leisure Centre in Ballymena.
Two goals from Proinsisa Burke and one from Cormac O'Doherty saw the Derry side overcome the Belfast boys by 3 goals to 1.
On a day when the titles were spread far and wide throughout the province Burt of Donegal collected the Division 2 crown when they beat St Enda's by 5 goals to 1, four of the goals coming from man of the match Georgie Kelly.
Tir na nOg, Randalstown got the better of Armoy (Glenshesk A) in an all Antrim Division 3 decider with 2 goals from Emmett Martin and one from team captain Thomas Devlin.
Glenarm were the only North Antrim team to taste success when they beat Buncrana by 2 goals to 0 in the Division 4 final, the goals coming from Shane Magill and Brendan McQuillan, though it took a few outstanding saves from goalkeeper Declan McDermott to keep the Donegal boys at bay.
In Division 5 St Enda's A were victors over Carey (Glenshesk B) by 4 goals to 2 while the Division 6 title went to Starbane Shamrocks.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!