Ulster Club Hurling Championships

Started by Lecale2, October 08, 2007, 01:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Fair play to Armoy on their victory - to be honest I expected Setenta to win having played both teams in the Ulster League.

We gave Armoy an awful hammering in the q final although in fairness I think it was one of those nights where everything goes right for one team and the opposite for their opponents. Setenta then beat us in the semi final although we were missing 2-3 of our best players due to holidays etc they looked a handy team and certainly better than what Armoy had displayed against us so the Armoy lads must have really turned their season round -fair play.

I assume the full forward who got the line against us was back in full swing, he would have missed the whole championship I'd say if we hadn't had a word with the ref after the game. Good to see and best of luck to Armoy in the All Ireland series.

theskull1

They normally get those matches red up before christmas scb
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

slow corner back

Pull Hard, he was not playing yesterday but he was in the Antrim Final, you may be right skull I have not heard any details.

maddog

Quote from: slow corner back on November 05, 2007, 04:31:26 PM
Quote from: maddog on November 05, 2007, 09:30:21 AM
I think (but could be wrong) that Ulster junior champions would be scheduled to play the winners of the all-britain championship. I was at that replayed match yesterday between John Mitchells Bimringham v Bros Pearse at Ruislip, and Mitchells won through by a point in an entertaining match. Any idea if it is Mitchells you play next, if the fixture is home or away, and when it is?

I heard that yesterday as well. To be honest we were not looking any further than Setanta so I do not know many details though I heard it was in London. I would have thought it would be in the new year as a trip to London would take a bit of organising

If you hear anything more let me know as there are various rumours flying around one of which is Mitchells travelling to Antrim on the first weekend of December for the match.

slow corner back

Maddog, heard today that the armoy V John Mitchells match is in Casement, Belfast on January 27th

maddog

Quote from: slow corner back on November 11, 2007, 10:07:41 PM
Maddog, heard today that the armoy V John Mitchells match is in Casement, Belfast on January 27th

Cheers for that, the lads seem to think thats the date alright but there is a feeling that they would like to get it shifted to the Saturday so they can stay saturday night and admire the Belfast skyline. ;)

maddog

Quote from: hardstation on November 12, 2007, 12:22:05 PM
They'll love the Belfast Eye, maddog.

Hope its better than the Birmingham one. They moved this yoke over from France and they commentary as you went round on it was pointing out the Paris skyline. ::)

Plastic Paddy

All 1/4 finals are on the 20th on the masterplan.Mitchel's wanted to play it this year but I dont think Armoy did.Mitchel's have heard nothing of the 27th and we have tried to find out so we are assuming the 20th at an Antrim venue.

Whitehair

Middleton and Ballycran both had impressive wins yesterday, Middleton beat Carrickmore something like 26 points top 8. Only caught the end of the match.
Ballycran beat Ballinascreen 1.17 to 0.10 in the 2nd match, after starting slowly ballycran scored 1.05 on the bounce to lead 1.7 to 0.4 at halftime, Connor Dorrian got the goal along with a point.
2nd half ballycran completely dominated with Conor Woods & Paul Keith ruling midfield with James Coyle brilliant up front scoring 9points. Padraig Flynn had a good game at No.6 while 16 year old Michael Hughes had a great game at no.2 marking Ballinascreens captain.

SimpleSimon

Whitehair

Ive heard that Middleton beat Loughiel by 2 points on saturday to set up a final with Ballycran next weekend in Ballinascreen. An upset there!

slow corner back

Well played Middleton, Loughgiel were pretty good this year, them and c,Dall produced a great antrim final and replay

Tony Baloney

I assume we're talking about Middletown, Co. Armagh and not Middleton, Co. Cork?!

SeanSouth

Quote from: Tony Baloney on November 26, 2007, 01:27:53 PM
I assume we're talking about Middletown, Co. Armagh and not Middleton, Co. Cork?!

You have little to be at Tony