Ulster Inter Firms GAA

Started by Broken_Cross, October 04, 2007, 02:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Is this still going on or is it an invitation to new season?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Denn Forever on October 05, 2007, 11:18:19 AM
Is this still going on or is it an invitation to new season?

Ulster Inter-Firms Junior semifinal between Belfast City Council and Donegal County Council takes place tomorrow, with the winners playing Citygroup next week. Is there an All-Ireland series for the junior or just the senior Inter-Firms?

Not sure anything about the senior this year haven't heard anything. The season normally starts around May with registration in Jan/Feb

imtommygunn

There's a junior semi too.

I recall talking to a boy who played in it for northbrook the other year and the team they played was a Cork team who had Johnny Crowley, I think, and a Cork boy Cronin playing for them. Seems like a different standard down there!

tbrick18

Quote from: imtommygunn on October 05, 2007, 02:14:57 PM
There's a junior semi too.

I recall talking to a boy who played in it for northbrook the other year and the team they played was a Cork team who had Johnny Crowley, I think, and a Cork boy Cronin playing for them. Seems like a different standard down there!

I was on that Northbrook team...it was Cork Garda we played in the all-ireland semi. We were the first team from ulster to participate in the all-ireland interfirms. They had loads of ex-county players...Don Davis for example playing and some more current players...Johnny Crowley as mentioned. Its taken seriously down there and its been running a lot longer. We were beat by 14 points I think, but it was a good experience all the same.

Broken_Cross

Semi Final is tomorrow 12.30 in Beragh - Winners will play Citi who beat Belfast City Council in the County Final.

ExiledGael

What's the line up for the senior teams, not often we can say it but aren't a Fermanagh side the All-Ireland champions? Quinns I think beat an AIB side led by Gooch last year in the final or semi

Deal_Me_In

BC are you goign to be playing tomorrow? Ill keep an eye out for you. Where abouts you play and for who?

Broken_Cross

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on October 05, 2007, 10:46:11 PM
BC are you goign to be playing tomorrow? Ill keep an eye out for you. Where abouts you play and for who?
Sorry Deal, cannot not let unknowns get that close to me but had a vested interest until today. :'(

Deal_Me_In

Donegal county council, missing their key player Nail Gallagher, ran out winners by 7 points against a Belfast City council side that kicked 20+ wides. They will now play Citi with Time and Venue to be arranged.

Broken_Cross

Ulster Final tomorrow night:  Citi Vs Donegal County Council 7pm in Gulladuff, Lavey

Goats Do Shave

That Quinn's team had Ryan Mellon, Tom Brewster & Barry Owens on it. They are indeed current senior champions.

Due to rule changes The Ulster Council were not able to field this year. They were very strong in the junior section last year & included Diarmuid Marsden, Bumpy O'Hagan, Tony Scullion & the Antrim Keeper.

Broken_Cross

Commiserations to competition newcomers Citi who got a massive thumping from a Donegal team that could go all the way to win the All-Ireland.

It will be interesting to see the 'official' match report (if ever publicised by the event organisers) as there are some interesting rumours circumventing.

Also, it would be good to see a pic or two as someone told me DCC togged out in the proper county kit!!??

orangeman

Broken Cross - give us a bit of the scandal ! lol

Orior

Citi group would have a few Antrim nearly men playing for them. Maybe they let a couple of Anglos play, or worse still, a few pratestants.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians