Armagh v Louth @ 'Bridge

Started by bennydorano, October 04, 2007, 09:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

Quote from: diesel-smuggler on October 07, 2007, 10:23:25 PM
thats hugh morgan for ya! if he had his own way he would be picking the team! ......................
............................. and playing on it!

Was there any sign of Martin McQuillan on the line today; I'd heard that he was part of the management setup.
"Stercus accidit"

Aghdavoyle

don't think he is sandy.

is that really the best collection of club footballers that could be mustered for the game?

full back

I know there were other club games on yesterday, but I thought it would have been a stronger team yesterday.
Decent enough game although the Louth team seems to have been just thrown together.
BTW, a great set up now at the Bridge

pintsofguinness

Orchard County is some craic

http://www.orchardcounty.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=36242#36242

QuoteThis has always been a problem when it comes to gaelic games. How much does a scoreboard cost? I'm sure they're not cheap but they are such a necessity. Every time i go to a club match it's the same. I come away thinking I know what the score was only to hear several variations of it from others. Its bad enough at club level but its the same thing at county level in the McKenna cup etc. Davitt Park's a prime example.

A potentially high scoring sport should always have a scoreboard. Surely some of the sponsors could afford this, and with their name on the top of it, it excellent adverising.

:D There's no pleasing some people

QuoteWas there any sign of Martin McQuillan on the line today; I'd heard that he was part of the management setup.
He was there yesterday but not with the management.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

QuoteHow much does a scoreboard cost? I'm sure they're not cheap but they are such a necessity.

Fair comment. A scoreboard would have been easy enough to arrange and convenient for the large crowd.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

twotwocharlie

talking too some of the bridge lads this morning and they were saying they clean forgot about the scoreboard. i think they are playing cruppen under lights this week . fine setup there. they sure are investing a lot of time and money in their club.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: armaghniac on October 08, 2007, 02:53:42 PM
QuoteHow much does a scoreboard cost? I'm sure they're not cheap but they are such a necessity.

Fair comment. A scoreboard would have been easy enough to arrange and convenient for the large crowd.

I know I'm  biased but I think it's more than harsh to turn up at fields that cost over half a million and countless hours of voluntary work and complain about a lack of a scoreboard.
I've no doubt there'll be one soon enough but give us a break!

SouthArmaghBandit

Well done to all concerned at Silverbridge. A well run club that are an example to all within the county and further afield. I wasn't at the official opening but I'll be down past it in the next week or so.

armaghniac

Quotetalking too some of the bridge lads this morning and they were saying they clean forgot about the scoreboard

I'd say twotwocharlie is right, the scoreboard was an oversight. But scoreboard or no scoreboard everyone agrees the 'Bridge is a fine setup and a credit to those involved, who have put in a lot of work and who are are often busy people without much time on their hands.

It a bit like saying so and so had a great game, but its a pity he missed that point, discussion boards are like that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

twotwocharlie

by the way fair play to the cross lads for turning out yesterday as they have some big games coming up. they could easily have stayed at home and no one could fault them.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: twotwocharlie on October 08, 2007, 07:02:34 PM
by the way fair play to the cross lads for turning out yesterday as they have some big games coming up. they could easily have stayed at home and no one could fault them.
hear hear

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Over the Bar

Heard a rumour from my cousin that Kieran McKeever wasn't playing cos of an altercation involving Silverbridge underage players the week previous.   Any substance to it?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 08, 2007, 11:15:30 PM
Heard a rumour from my cousin that Kieran McKeever wasn't playing cos of an altercation involving Silverbridge underage players the week previous.   Any substance to it?
I think it was Rich Tea that mentioned something on the armagh thread about a Cullyhanna player being involved in something with kids from the 'bridge a week or so ago, I haven't heard anything further (forgot about it until now actually) but the two clubs wouldn't have a great relationship. 
Silverbridge, however, did not dictate who played for the county.