Beerfest

Started by ludermor, October 01, 2007, 10:38:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Heading over to Munich on friday, has anyone any tips etc. We have booking for some tent for the saturday afternoon and sunday afternoon but we will be left to our own devices for friday and saturday night

stpauls

luder, good luck getting in to a tent if you don't have anything booked!! especially in the evenings!
i would recommend that you take a dander round the fairgrounds on friday evening, it is just amazing to look at!!
what tent are you booked into?

ludermor

yeah we werent planning on doing the tents in the evening/nighttime, it was hard enough to get tickets for the afternoon. we were tlaking about hitting the town on the nights but id imagine the place will be wedged

stpauls

everyone will be out at the fest, it is about 3 stops on the underground from the city centre so won't be too bad!! what sort of a night out are you looking?
a rowdy one with a bit of craic, or dancing until the small hours!!

ludermor

not a clue, i suppose see what happens, so is the fest in one big park?

stpauls

yeah, it is in a place called Therisienwiese, and you would get the U5 (underground No 5) in the direction of Laimer Platz and get off there. you should just be able to follow the crowd once you get off the train!

Candyman

there's a mental group from armagh out there at the minute, they go every year!!! meant to be absolutely deadly craic...

stpauls

it is crazy, and for the amount of alcohol comsumed there is very little trouble at it. everyone is just there to drink beer, eat some chickens and have a great time.
plenty of oompa songs and swaying adds to the friendly atmosphere!!

ludermor

we have booked the following,

1) Sat lunch: www.feinkost-kaefer.de
2) Sunday lunch: www.heinz-huehnerbraterei.de

Should be good enough craic, there will be 8 of us heading. i thnk we are stayin pretty close to the action

stpauls

sounds good, and is recommended without a doubt. i just wonder what beer they are serving in these tents!! if you need any more info luder, send me a pm. i have a reasonably indepth knowledge of drinking holes in Munich!!

ludermor

Good man i might do that!