Frankie Dolan to play for Ros again?

Started by Ryano, September 28, 2007, 01:47:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryano

From Hoganstand.com

St. Brigid's clubman Frankie Dolan has re-iterated his ambition to once again don the blue and yellow colours of his beloved county.

Speaking in the build-up to Brigid's county final appearance Dolan stated that he still has hopes of playing for Roscommon and believes the quality is still there to represent the Rossies.

"I think myself that I'm still good enough to play for Roscommon," admitted Dolan.

"I'm concentrating on helping St. Brigid's win the county final on Sunday but I'd always have hopes of playing county football again.

"We'll just have to wait to see how that goes and see what John Maughan's intentions are in the coming months," he concluded.

Dolan's St. Brigid's side take on St Faithleachs at Dr. Hyde Park this Sunday in the SFC final at 3.30 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting to see what reception this gets from John Maughan.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Ryano on September 28, 2007, 01:47:59 PM
From Hoganstand.com

St. Brigid’s clubman Frankie Dolan has re-iterated his ambition to once again don the blue and yellow colours of his beloved county.

Speaking in the build-up to Brigid’s county final appearance Dolan stated that he still has hopes of playing for Roscommon and believes the quality is still there to represent the Rossies.

“I think myself that I’m still good enough to play for Roscommon,” admitted Dolan.

“I’m concentrating on helping St. Brigid’s win the county final on Sunday but I’d always have hopes of playing county football again.

“We’ll just have to wait to see how that goes and see what John Maughan’s intentions are in the coming months,” he concluded.

Dolan’s St. Brigid’s side take on St Faithleachs at Dr. Hyde Park this Sunday in the SFC final at 3.30 p.m.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It will be interesting to see what reception this gets from John Maughan.
John maughan will probably discuss it with frankie over a game of pool :P
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Ryano

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 28, 2007, 01:50:21 PM

John maughan will probably discuss it with frankie over a game of pool :P

Well he has the legs for it. (Maughan that is)

heineken_on_tap

Only a few months after Maughan saying he wasnt up to inter county standard anymore........would be a serious backdown on Maughans part if he comes back in.

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

orangeman

Sure why wouldn't he ? It's not as if Roscommon are coming down with quality players ?

PadraicHenryPearse

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e95qsmlKfQI

john Tiernan - somewhere near the end of the song there is a good reference to frankie and John

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

orangeman

Rossfan - you're not a Frankie fan then ?

Rossfan

It's not that OrĂ¡isteach - it's just that this has been run several times on Stolensheep and it's as well to wait and see.
I think we will have to wait for Mixer to take over in October 08 to see if FD returns.

Shamrock Shore

Could he tog out for Ballymahon again?  ::)

orangeman

Good enough - it's a wee bit political then ? He was a great player ok - but surely you're mnior winning team should form the basis of your next senior panel - surely that's where the future lies ?

Rossfan

I would think that's the Co Board strategy or grand plan - assuming there is any such thing of course.
But while you're waiting for them to hopefully come through why not have the best 20 players in the County on your panel? Frankie Dolan is 30 as far as I know while the 2 Goalkeepers in the Co Final are Derek Thompson and the bould Cake both of whom are better than anything on the panel over the last 2 years.
Most reports on this years Senior Championship moan about the poor standard on view with last year's Minors  usually being a cut above the rest.
Hopefully 2 years at U21 will leave them ready for the big step up but the question is how many will not come through?

From the Bunker

Quote from: orangeman on September 29, 2007, 10:08:25 AM
Good enough - it's a wee bit political then ? He was a great player ok - but surely you're mnior winning team should form the basis of your next senior panel - surely that's where the future lies ?

Don't bet on minors, Westmeath minors won the 1995 AI and very few of those players were involved in the historic Leinster title in 2004!

FL/MAYO

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 29, 2007, 04:42:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on September 29, 2007, 10:08:25 AM

Don't bet on minors, Westmeath minors won the 1995 AI and very few of those players were involved in the historic Leinster title in 2004!

Agreed, their performance at U21 level will tell you alot more about what the future holds.