Mick Holden RIP

Started by The Hill is Blue, September 26, 2007, 03:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hill is Blue

Just heard the sad news of the death of Mick Holden, the great hurler and footballer of the 70s and 80s.

May he rest in peace.
I remember Dublin City in the Rare Old Times http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9T7OaDDR7i8

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

AZOffaly

No way. Feck that's awful news. RIP Mick.

Did he lose an eye at one stage?

Hardy

lynchbhoy

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

maddog

Was he the guy that told Barney Rock to get up to feck when he was laid on the Croke Park sod.

Rest in peace.

5 Sams

Terrible news.

I remember him well....he couldnt have been that old...anyone know what happened him??

RIP
The Aristocrat Years

dodo

Sincerest condolences to his family and friends

There was a piece in Irish Times a few weeks ago about hurling being his first love. He was on the 1973 Dublin under-21 team that were defeated by Galway in the final. Was involved in hurling up till his untimely passing away.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Shocking news, ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam dilis. RIP Mick Holden.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

GaillimhIarthair

Terrible News. 

RIP Mick.

small white mayoman

jesus thats afull news i used to play football in Cuala where mick was a member and a nicer man you couldn't meet allways made you feel welcome. May he Rest in Peace .
All Ireland Champions 2006 & 2007

Declan

Terrible news - A great lad and still have the treasured photo of toothless Mick with my late Father and Sam in 1983. RIP Mick

john mcgill

I met him in San Francisco on one of the All Stars trips.  It was the tour after he pulled Rock up.  He was a great fellow, friendly with everyone and totally modest.  RIP

magpie seanie

Sad to hear about that. RIP.