Students in Belfast's Holyland

Started by Guillem2, September 26, 2007, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

See I called it the markets, I am not a native
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Hurler on the Bitch

Sorry - this MARKET / MARKETS debate has moved on in the last fifteen minutes without me - I was up stairs with the girlfriend "discussing the state of affairs in the Middle East"  ;) :o and may I add that the GAZA STRIP was looking splendid!!!!! Look it is MARKET and Christ! I'm knackered...

redandblackjack

Quote from: hardstation on September 26, 2007, 11:03:15 PM
Are Holyland Patrol still on the go? A jumped up shower of dicks who started more rows than enough.

Don't even start with them boyos! Couldnt walk down the street without them sticking their noses in. No call for them at all. The biggest joke about the whole thing was/is the police would happily book you for having a bottle out the front while the spides in the alley sniffing glue and drinking their bucky from the bag were laughing at you getting 'done'!

I remember a frankie calling to the door one night asking for a donation! He was told to hit the road running and we were told our windows were gna be put in and when we went home for xmas the place was gona be robbed!

Square Ball

It says "

I am a bomb technician, if you see me running try and keep up!

gonna change it again seeing no one can read it.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Donagh

Neither the students nor the residents are to blame for the current situation. The Holylands have been turned into a slum by the developers with the cooperation of whatever unaccountable Quango allowed whole streets of houses to be converted into flats and Houses of Multiple Occupancy. A small area which once contained several hundred residential houses is now home to a transient population of thousands. The only solution is to force the slum landlords to convert the houses back to residential use or at the very least restrict each street to a maximum of 30% HMOs, as I believe is now the case in the rest of Belfast. This would soon disperse the student population throughout the rest of the city were they would soon learn to respect their neighbours.   

screenmachine

The Holyland Patrol was the biggest waste of taxpayers money ever invented...they couldn't even do anyting to you as long as they didnt know where you lived...You could give them all the abuse of the day and they can only call the police...Hence when the police are on the way all you had to do was run away!!
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

Hardy

Sounds like they deserve each other.

Anyway, if it is THE Ardoyne, what's an Ardoyne? What's a Moy? Or a Creggan?

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Hardy on September 27, 2007, 09:55:18 AM
Sounds like they deserve each other.

Anyway, if it is THE Ardoyne, what's an Ardoyne? What's a Moy? Or a Creggan?

moy = a plain
creggan = little rock/rocky place
i think ardoyne is eoins heights