Started by GaillimhIarthair, September 21, 2007, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

slow corner back

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 21, 2007, 11:11:50 PM
Quote from: slow corner back on September 21, 2007, 10:53:05 PM
I am glad i cheered someone up as i am just pissed off

I am pissed off too. but the death of Ireland participation in the WC has been coming from a long way off. So the shock factor is nearly zero at this stage. I suppose it goes back to the old addage "Don't believe your own hype!"

Thought you were takin the piss for a moment there Bunker, as public enemy once sang, " dont belive the hype"
ireland one win in paris in 31 years loose again, no surprise. England full of old men cant compete, no surprise.
wales good against bad teams, no surprise,
Scotland and italy shit no surprise.
The six nations overrrated, no surprise.
Personally I think the rugby from NZ, Australia ans Sa has been at least one if not two levels above that produced by any of the six nations. NZ annialated italy FFS, England scoreless against SA. This is a very uneven competition that will not catch fire until the semis. Samoa to beat england tomorrow for a bit of fun. A lot of bloated egos being burst at this world cup.

ONeill

12-18 months ago we'd have competed.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

hoopsaaa

5 times i think you have hit the nail on the head. One oy my biggest regrets is not being av=ble to play this SUPER sport. But the most of the team are right up thier own. And the rest feel "why bother". Really thought we had a chance of making the top 4 and even a chance at winning - more the fool me. Georgia/Portugal have more to be proud off.  :-[

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

deiseach

Reaching the semi-finals was always going to be a very tough ask. Unless we beat France - one win in Paris in 35 years - we were going to meet the All Blacks - zero win anywhere in history - in the quarter-finals.

Maybe it was the hype.

ziggysego

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 22, 2007, 12:12:50 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 22, 2007, 12:08:40 AM
Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 22, 2007, 12:04:54 AM
Egos dont win games

Why the fook not??  >:(

Ziggy the current crop of players were prancing about like they had won the tournament before they even left the country. They are still prancing about, but they have won nothing as was shown tonight. There dont seem to be too many egos on the french side. They played with a lot of pride and passion, something that was sadly missing among our egos.

Ack I know. I was just messing about the ego bit and my handle on here ;)
Testing Accessibility

deiseach

Speaking of ego, that Hayden Panettiere was on looking for you earlier. She left her number, now where did I leave it . . . ?

Datsun Donaghy

Rufus T Firefly

Don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but our MP got himself a good seat - right in front of Bernard Laporte and Joe Maso!!

Donagh

Lads yer all wrong. We lost because Amhrán na bhFiann wasn't played  :D

Bensars

the harsh reality is that irish rugby is at best second to thrid tier in the heirarcy of world rugby !!

six nations is something like the leinster championship (in gaelic football terms). 

Lots of hype but not the substace to back it up

the green man

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 22, 2007, 01:22:00 AM
Don't know if it's been mentioned or not, but our MP got himself a good seat - right in front of Bernard Laporte and Joe Maso!!

Could he not have threatened Laporte with  the boys  if he didnt let Ireland win

full back

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 22, 2007, 01:22:00 AM

Was that a Shane O Neills GAA jacket he had on?