France v Ireland - Call It

Started by GaillimhIarthair, September 21, 2007, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Eddie blaming the effin' ref! Bloody weasel! >:(

From the Bunker

Quote from: rory on September 21, 2007, 09:47:39 PM
If we beat Argentina by 8 points and score 4 tries we qualify.

If argentina fail to get a BP against Namibia, we can beat them by 8 and qualify.

Head to head meeting is the first tie breaker

God, I get a lump in my stomach at the thought of meeting New Zealand, We were whipped by a French side who were under real national pressure tonight and volitile. New Zealand will make us look like a Junior Clare club side (No offence to the Clare people on the board).

slow corner back

eddie can blame who he likes he did not have the balls to drop players after the namibia fiasco. too many players relying on reputation. Horan was shit hayes was shit and don't start me on flannery, better than Best, what planet are you on. Too many people on here too keen on where someone comes from/plays for than his ability. Best had a broken finger and had to be replaced, fair enough, but flannery is a very average hooker. France stole irish line out off him and as for sheahan god help us. Irelands tight five were bullied by georgia and needed shakng up. If Best had been available do you think eddie would have made any changes? Argentina must be licking their lips. If Best is not available then flannery is better than Sheahan who cannot scrummage. The props have to go. They have been bullied by italy, namibia, georgia and now france. Argintina have the best scrum in the world, arguably, and people think they can cope with that!!! Very depressing  Ireland are the only home nation to miss out on a last eight spot, 1999, and now it looks like the golden generation will miss out also.
By the way the backs were poor too RoG pretty awful, D'Arcy anonynous, the only backs with any credit were Dempsey and o' Driscoll. As for Easterby and wallace!! Worst back row in the competition. Wallace is not fit and how Best is not in tthe team is beyond me. Too much relying on reputation rather than form. Ireland are screwed and the argies must be loving it

treborstemme

QuoteEddie blaming the effin' ref! Bloody weasel!

Bloody smart weasel, with the IRFU confirming his new 4year contract.  Bloody rediculous, pre-world cup.  

From the Bunker

I know how to cheer everybody up lets sing our Mongrel Anthem.....altogether now ;D

Come the day and come the hour
Come the power and the glory
We have come to answer
Our Country's call
From the four proud provinces of Ireland

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder
We'll answer Ireland's call

From the mighty Glens of Antrim
From the rugged hills of Galway
From the walls of Limerick
And Dublin Bay

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

Hearts of steel
And heads unbowing
Vowing never to be broken
We will fight, until
We can fight no more

Ireland, Ireland
Together standing tall
Shoulder to shoulder

slow corner back

how is that shite gonna cheer anyone up???

Turlough O Carolan

The golden generation. Dublin 4 media hype. This team have not won what average Scottish and Welsh teams have done in recent memory - win a grand slam.

slow corner back

Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on September 21, 2007, 10:24:01 PM
The golden generation. Dublin 4 media hype. This team have not won what average Scottish and Welsh teams have done in recent memory - win a grand slam.

Well said carolan, more hype than substance

tintin25

Lads, where does the changes have to be made? Who should come in/go out???  :-\

slow corner back

Two bests in, one at prop one at flanker. if rory is fit straight back at hooker. Malcom o Kelly at lock, so far O callaghan and O Callaghan very average. Geordan Marphy in the side, possibly for trimble or for D'Arcy. Darcy has been woeful, at least trimble scored against namibia. O Gara lovin the fact that there is no alternative to him and subsequently shite. Ireland will go out next week unless there is a stupendous turn around in form. Argentina to beat a poor irish side, new zealand to whop france in cardiff and the title to be a shotout between the tri nations.

From the Bunker

Quote from: slow corner back on September 21, 2007, 10:44:00 PM
Two bests in, one at prop one at flanker. if rory is fit straight back at hooker. Malcom o Kelly at lock, so far O callaghan and O Callaghan very average. Geordan Marphy in the side, possibly for trimble or for D'Arcy. Darcy has been woeful, at least trimble scored against namibia. O Gara lovin the fact that there is no alternative to him and subsequently shite. Ireland will go out next week unless there is a stupendous turn around in form. Argentina to beat a poor irish side, new zealand to whop france in cardiff and the title to be a shotout between the tri nations.

Actually, SCB you have just cheered me up with that!

Allez les Noir!

mannix

Seriously though, are ireland any good or was it all the croke park effect earlier this year that helped them be competitive.They looked fairly uninterested tonight for the bit i seen.

slow corner back

I am glad i cheered someone up as i am just pissed off

From the Bunker

Quote from: slow corner back on September 21, 2007, 10:53:05 PM
I am glad i cheered someone up as i am just pissed off

I am pissed off too. but the death of Ireland participation in the WC has been coming from a long way off. So the shock factor is nearly zero at this stage. I suppose it goes back to the old addage "Don't believe your own hype!"

Gnevin

Quote from: mannix on September 21, 2007, 10:52:36 PM
Seriously though, are ireland any good or was it all the croke park effect earlier this year that helped them be competitive.They looked fairly uninterested tonight for the bit i seen.
Great team poor management
We've players in the world top 3 in their position, trouble is  they know it and their is no competition . ROG was shocking and we've no one their to replace him . Redden was 100% better than Stringer has been in years and that was only his second real cap
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.