Bebo Facebook or Myspace

Started by screenexile, September 21, 2007, 11:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Social Networking Site do you prefer?

Bebo
25 (78.1%)
Myspace
0 (0%)
Facebook
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 28, 2007, 11:55:15 AM

ardmhachaabu

Call yourselves Gaels?

Youse should be ashamed of yourselves  :(
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

maggie

A jealous husband who murdered his wife after she changed her status to "single" on Facebook has been jailed for life.

Lorry driver Wayne Forrester, 34, stabbed mother-of-two Emma Forrester to death in her home as a six-year-old girl cowered in an upstairs bedroom.

Forrester later told police he believed his wife was having an affair and felt humiliated that she was now declaring herself available on the social networking website.

Prosecutor Alex Lewis told the Old Bailey: "He was angry about an entry she had made on Facebook which he said made him look like a fool.

"She was now advertising her marital status as single."

The court heard how Mrs Forrester, a 34 year-old payroll administrator, had thrown her husband out of their home in New Addington, Surrey, after the breakdown of their volatile 15-year relationship.

Forrester became suspicious his estranged wife was having an affair and repeatedly threatened to kill her over the phone.

Fuelled by alcohol and cocaine, Forrester smashed his way into the house armed with a kitchen knife and a meat cleaver in the early hours of February 18 this year.

He dragged his wife out of the marital bedroom, tearing clumps of her hair out, before stabbing her in the neck, stomach, arms, hands and head.

The victim's terrified screams for help were heard in the background as the six-year-old child who was staying in the house made a 999 call.

When police arrived they found Forrester walking out of the house with a carton of fruit juice in his hand. He held out his bloodied hands to be cuffed and said: "My wife's in there, I've killed her."

The child was wrapped in a duvet before being taken out of the house to stop her seeing the body. She later described the killing to police.

Forrester pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to life and ordered to spend a minimum of 14 years behind bars before he is eligible for parole.

The Common Serjeant of London, Judge Brian Barker, told him: "A matter of days before the death of your wife she had ended the relationship.

"Also over the weekend you were calling and phoning about entries in Facebook which seemed to indicate she was now single and available.

"This is a tragic killing of a young mother. What you have done has caused untold anguish."

It really is a mad world......

dodgy umpire

14 years minimum seems like a light sentence
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Onion Bag

Quote from: stpauls on September 21, 2007, 11:57:50 AM
don't have an account on any of these sites! personally think they are a waste of time!

Totally agree, load of shite
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

J70

Quote from: dodgy umpire on October 19, 2008, 11:47:44 AM
14 years minimum seems like a light sentence

The p***k should never get out. People criticise the US system of justice, but the ridiculously lenient sentences handed out in Irish and British murder convictions are an absolute joke.

mc_grens

Seriously losing interest in Bebo. Since they let people join with mobile phones Ive been bombarded with sex chat sites and the like. Pain in the ass.

maggie

think if your page is private, they cant leave msgs on your page.

ziggysego

Correct maggie, I don't get them. Although the stanks try to be my friend.
Testing Accessibility

maggie

maybe you'll just let any oul skank be your friend  :-\

stephenite

Facebook - very handy for us exiles and keeping in touch with family and friends.

ziggysego

No no maggie, they are bots. Not real people.
Testing Accessibility

TacadoirArdMhacha

The aul Bebo seems to have gotten a good bit quieter these days.

Well either that or nobody likes me anymore.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

illdecide

Ziggy and LL were caught on www.horneymatches.com and www.fling.com never mind those bebo, facebook and myspace... ;) :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

downgirl

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on October 19, 2008, 10:45:07 PM
The aul Bebo seems to have gotten a good bit quieter these days.

Well either that or nobody likes me anymore.

Yes Tacadoir, it has gone very quiet.  Have been resorting to commenting people I haven't spoken to in years because I want people to comment me!!   :D