Bebo Facebook or Myspace

Started by screenexile, September 21, 2007, 11:55:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Social Networking Site do you prefer?

Bebo
25 (78.1%)
Myspace
0 (0%)
Facebook
7 (21.9%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Voting closed: September 28, 2007, 11:55:15 AM

screenexile

As we are all interenet whores I'm guessing there are a fair percentage of us who have membership to one or all of the sites listed. Which do you prefer?

Personally I think myspace is pish while facebook and bebo have their upsides. I think facebook is better as a site as there are so many things you can do with it but a lot more people are on Bebo so it is probably better as a means of keeping in touch.

What does anyone else think?

stpauls

don't have an account on any of these sites! personally think they are a waste of time!

parttimeexile

I had an account on two of these sites but cancelled them as I felt they were pointless wastes of time. Would rather go and meet people than look at photos of them. Maybe i'm just lazy.

screenexile

I know why a lot of people think they are a waste of time but I think that they are a great way to stay in touch with people you would otherwise not get to. I've friends in Oz and over the water who I'd never hear anything from if it weren't for Bebo or Facebook. Also the poker application on facebook keeps me entertained throughout an otherwise boring and slow day that I would normally have at work!

deiseach

Facebook is pretty good. One friend of mine is jaunting through South America - he's on the Inca trail at the moment - while another has the most amazing dose of wanderlust. Handy way of keeping tabs on them

saffron

Cant believe that facebook has the older membership - its just dumb - send pokes, hugs, drinks, spells - cant have it at all - much rather have bebo but nobody I know is on it

Obviously wouldnt be on any of them where it not for need to keep in touch with family abroad :P

Lecale2

Never heard of facebook. I thought you had to be u14 to open an account on Bebo

Gabriel_Hurl

Facebook is great for me - keeping in touch with the rest of my friends I may have misplaced over the year.

QuoteCant believe that facebook has the older membership - its just dumb - send pokes, hugs, drinks, spells - cant have it at all - much rather have bebo but nobody I know is on it

Block all the applications then

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Lecale2 on September 21, 2007, 12:36:36 PM
Never heard of facebook. I thought you had to be u14 to open an account on Bebo

:D :D :D

Don't know much about any of them myself.
Tbc....

ziggysego

I'm on BEBO and have recently signed up to Facebook.

BEBO have more Irish people on it and I find it good as I find people on it that I've lost contact with over the years.

Facebook is used more by people over the water. I'd use it to contact friends who have moved over there.

MySpace is a bloody nightmare. Signed up, give me headaches. Never went back.

Of the three...

Facebook is the best. Very adult and lots of people.

BEBO is second. Lots of BEBO, but too many young people and can be very childish.

MySpace. No thanks, needlessly complicated.
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

Cancelled my Bebo last week as a matter of protest about it taking over the world.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Puckoon

Bebo has the potential to be a little young, and a minor pain in the ass with random people surfing your pages - however that can be fixed by privitising you page. I think its the most navagational friendly of the lot of them. I showed it to some american myspace afficionados - they were impressed by the ease of use. Myspace would definitely be last on the list.

Mayo4Sam

I think bebo is handy for knowing what others off travelling are at
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Farrandeelin

Bebo is crap. Cancelled my account in the summer because I was wasting too much time on it. It's for women who like posting photos and like saying hello to people they've not seen in 5 minutes. ::) Don't know about the others or I don't want to either.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

From the Bunker