As ye get older

Started by hoopsaaa, September 19, 2007, 10:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I went to a 1-2-1 fitness trainer in Omagh for a year. I'd an awful gut I had to get rid of. Worked a treat, got myself back into reasonable shape. However I quit and now I'm a lard again.
Testing Accessibility

stpauls

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 20, 2007, 11:29:46 AM
what kills me are the hangovers when i was younger i could drink for ireland now if i have 6 or 7 pints i'm sick as a dog the following day , i suppose its because i don't drink that often but it really takes the enjoyment out of having a few pints. Besides that i don't feel much different than i did when i was 20 

i am the same deel, i remember when i could go the whole weekend drinking like a fish and be grand, now as you said i have 6-8 pints and i am fcuked for at least 2 days.
i have lost a stone and a half since Feb from going to the gym, but i still play football, and train 3 times a week on top of it,  but i am now in the best shape i have been in for years.

hoopsaaa

Rule of thumb for being over weight.

If you can still see it when you are standing up in the shower your'e a 100. I can so i am fine. Cuddly. ;)

ziggysego

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 01:21:53 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on September 20, 2007, 12:53:52 PM
I went to a 1-2-1 fitness trainer in Omagh for a year. I'd an awful gut I had to get rid of. Worked a treat, got myself back into reasonable shape. However I quit and now I'm a lard again.

Us Lardies will stick together Ziggy, feck the begrudgers.

I find loose clothes hides it well :)
Testing Accessibility

hoopsaaa

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 01:26:32 PM
Ziggy thats my problem, the clothes arent loose anymore. The last straw was yesterday evening when I attempted to put on a pair of jeans. I eventually got them to button, but there was too much pressure on the top botton, if it had came off it would have been like something from an AK47, someone could have got hurt.
I have a nice pair of man boobs though  >:(
Lee Cooper do jeans with a more forgiving wasteline. Rugby tops are another winner. But they look odd at a wedding. ;D

full back

Quote from: 5iveTimes on September 20, 2007, 01:21:53 PM
My mates play 5 a side once a week, but I need more than that. It is easy when you are fit, to get back into it, but when youve gone that bit further it does get harder.
I`ll start on Monday  ;)

Thats half the problem 5ive times - excuses
Complaining that it is hard doesnt cut it - bite the bullet & do it
It isnt going to happen magically - its like most things in life, you get out of it what you put into it (that'll be £50 please)

mannix

I am going gray, was like that at 25 but more so now at 35,nearly 36.I am a stone lighter now than 25  thanks to running and weights.Not so quick to get sozzled anymore, maybe its because I have a wife and any i feel like muck the day after, always did but its worse now.Still always thinking about how fast the last 15 years have gone by and after another 15 i will be old.Then i see brad pitt and these fellas and how fit they are, i can be the same.
I met an old school friend for the first time in 10 years, did not recognise him.he is 19 stone and was about 9 stone when i last met him, he was nearly in tears telling me about his weight and the wife is slim so he thinks the obvious may be happening.(Moneyed man gets chick,chick has other man on side,she divorces and takes half).I had to leave, his wife was eyeing my other friend and he said we better go.Would not have happened at 25, my other friend would have hung around and got a go at HER  a nightclub some way or other.

Hardy

Here's a way to lose eight to ten stone in 24 hours:

http://www.dlawyers.com/

the Deel Rover

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ziggysego

Is everyone getting the same ad banner as me in this thread?

"How to lose 18 pounds in 4 days"
Testing Accessibility

the Deel Rover

No ziggy there not been selective are they ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

DrinkingHarp

take this test to see how old you really are...

www.realage.com
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

Puckoon

5T - Mid louth is right about something in particular - walking. My old man weighed in around 17 stone, and started walking 3-5 miles every evening. The weight fell off him (about 3 stone) to when I came back from my gap year in the US - We were almost the same weight. Needless to say he delighted in that. Now he has quit the walkin and its starting to go back on again (doesnt help that he quit the cigars).
Gyms have something for everyone - at least a good gym does. Finding someone to work out with helps too, as the days you dont feel like going (and wouldnt go on your own) they drag you there, and you feel better once its done. Belly fat is one of the strongest indicators of cardiac problems in later life - even if you are thinish in most other places. Swimming is another thing that will knock the weight off sharply.
Just dont sit there and feel sorry and down about taking out the wifes eye with the top button of your 501s. There is no time like the present.

Spiritof98

I lost 10 pounds in Tommy Frenchs at lunch time
I'll go back if Marsdens back