LOST (TV Show)

Started by longball, September 17, 2007, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: BenDover on May 18, 2009, 01:24:04 PM
Jacob had asked for ur girl Alana's help when she was in hospital, and she and her group where carrying Locke's dead body in that box and bringing it to where Jacob was suppose to be (the wooden shack in the jungle). So did Jacob already know that Locke was dead and the impersonator was the fella dressed in black from the beach? He didn't put up much a fight to being stabbed either for such a god like being

Ilana's friends put Jack into the back of a black van and asked Jack to come back to the island with them. That happened about Episode 7 or 8.
That big guy that was with Illana... I cant seem to find his character name. He told Jack "We are the good guys". They were working for JAcob at the time so that suggests that Jacob wanted them to launch the bomb... so the plan never crashes and the bad guy in the black shirt never assumes the body of Christian or Locke.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 18, 2009, 02:21:46 PM
Quote from: BenDover on May 18, 2009, 01:24:04 PM
Jacob had asked for ur girl Alana's help when she was in hospital, and she and her group where carrying Locke's dead body in that box and bringing it to where Jacob was suppose to be (the wooden shack in the jungle). So did Jacob already know that Locke was dead and the impersonator was the fella dressed in black from the beach? He didn't put up much a fight to being stabbed either for such a god like being

Ilana's friends put Jack into the back of a black van and asked Jack to come back to the island with them. That happened about Episode 7 or 8.
That big guy that was with Illana... I cant seem to find his character name. He told Jack "We are the good guys". They were working for JAcob at the time so that suggests that Jacob wanted them to launch the bomb... so the plan never crashes and the bad guy in the black shirt never assumes the body of Christian or Locke.

I could be wrong here AS, but was it not Miles that they threw in the back of the van, and asked him ' whats lies beneath the shadow of the statue?'  Still curious as too what Frank might be a candidate for?  Nice finish all the same, as we havent a clue what way its going to end.
In your Endo!

David McKeown

As I stated pages ago the science behind the time travel element has been quite good re Novikovian principles and cosmic string theory.  Consequently I think the show will develop to show that Miles is right, its only by exploding the bomb did the future pan out the way we had already seen it.  If not then, unless the only difference between the future we had seen and the future they were trying to create was the actual exploding of the nuke then the sheer fact that they even tried to explode the nuclear weapon would have altered the future we had seen in unimaginable ways.  

Also I would have imagined Whitmore etc knew about and survived the Nuke based on what we have seen in previous episodes
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Hank Everlast

Quote from: David McKeown on May 18, 2009, 03:03:57 PM
As I stated pages ago the science behind the time travel element has been quite good re Novikovian principles and cosmic string theory.  Consequently I think the show will develop to show that Miles is right, its only by exploding the bomb did the future pan out the way we had already seen it.  If not then, unless the only difference between the future we had seen and the future they were trying to create was the actual exploding of the nuke then the sheer fact that they even tried to explode the nuclear weapon would have altered the future we had seen in unimaginable ways.  

Also I would have imagined Whitmore etc knew about and survived the Nuke based on what we have seen in previous episodes

well that went way over my head.... ;)

gawa316

My tongue is in a knot after reading that :o

AbbeySider

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 18, 2009, 02:57:52 PM
Quote from: AbbeySider on May 18, 2009, 02:21:46 PM

I could be wrong here AS, but was it not Miles that they threw in the back of the van, and asked him ' whats lies beneath the shadow of the statue?'  Still curious as too what Frank might be a candidate for?  Nice finish all the same, as we havent a clue what way its going to end.

Correct wherefromreferee!
I was just seeing were you awake!

mountainboii

Aye, I'd say Miles was definitely right. There wouldn't have been any point in him having that line if he was wrong and what he said was of no consequence.

David McKeown

Quote from: AbbeySider on May 18, 2009, 11:42:26 AM
Also it seems that Jacob made physical contact with everyone by touching their hand or shoulder.

I would put this down to some sort of healing power rather than convincing them to come back with the touch.
He didnt touch Sayid

Did he not touch Sayid on the shoulder just as the woman is hit with the car?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

longball

Whenever Ben stabbed Jacob as he was dying Jacob said something like 'they are coming now'..... fakeLocke looked mad then kicked him into the fire!
Who is coming?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Hound

Quote from: longball on May 19, 2009, 10:39:30 AM
Whenever Ben stabbed Jacob as he was dying Jacob said something like 'they are coming now'..... fakeLocke looked mad then kicked him into the fire!
Who is coming?
I presumed it was Richard and Ilana and the other people who were on the beach close by.

Couple of interesting points occur re Jacob and Sayid:

1. Jacob saved Sayid's life by calling him back when the wife got mowed down
2. Jacob (using Ilana) forced Sayid to go back to the island 

longball

Did Jacob make all these ones come to the Island so that everything they done to date was for the reason detenating the bomb. Jacob knew that he was gonna be killed but by the bomb blowing up none of this has happened and hes back
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Hank Everlast

Quote from: longball on May 19, 2009, 12:12:40 PM
Did Jacob make all these ones come to the Island so that everything they done to date was for the reason detenating the bomb. Jacob knew that he was gonna be killed but by the bomb blowing up none of this has happened and hes back

Could well be....

when he said they are coming i thought he ment, sayid, kate, hurley, jin, sun, sawyer, locke, jack, juliette... the ones that he had went back to.

tbrick18

Quote from: Hound on May 19, 2009, 11:34:10 AM
Quote from: longball on May 19, 2009, 10:39:30 AM
Who is coming?
I presumed it was Richard and Ilana and the other people who were on the beach close by.

Couple of interesting points occur re Jacob and Sayid:

1. Jacob saved Sayid's life by calling him back when the wife got mowed down
2. Jacob (using Ilana) forced Sayid to go back to the island 

I reckon if Jacob had not called Sayid back then his wife not have got killed as  they would both have continued walking.  The way it played was that she stopped and Sayied stepped back.

Hound

Quote from: Hank Everlast on May 19, 2009, 12:53:18 PM
Quote from: longball on May 19, 2009, 12:12:40 PM

Could well be....

when he said they are coming i thought he ment, sayid, kate, hurley, jin, sun, sawyer, locke, jack, juliette... the ones that he had went back to.
The blinding flash of light at the end when Juliette was bashing the bomb could have been Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, Juliette, Hurley, Kate, Jin all going back to the present, rather than the bomb exploding (or both).

AN other

Quote from: Hound on May 19, 2009, 05:58:19 PM
The blinding flash of light at the end when Juliette was bashing the bomb could have been Sayid, Sawyer, Jack, Juliette, Hurley, Kate, Jin all going back to the present, rather than the bomb exploding (or both).

The flashes for the travelling in time were a bit more gradual...