LOST (TV Show)

Started by longball, September 17, 2007, 01:49:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wherefromreferee?

Quality viewing last night.

Unlike others (not the ones in the show!) I haven't lost(!) any interest in the show.  It and Heros, 2 great great shows.

Thankfully Sky didnt stop me watching it on RTE2, the way they do with Prison Break (the hoors)
In your Endo!

Rav67

Quote from: amallon on April 29, 2008, 09:15:38 AM
Anyone have a theory about the black monster Ben summoned last night?  The Iraq scenes were set in 2005, what year did the plane crash?

If you're confused about where things have fitted in so far time-wise then visit http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Timeline it pieces things together for you (no spoilers or anything there by the way)

Hank Everlast

i thot the black smoke came last nite to kill them poeple due them being responsible for the death of bens daughter, because she was not ment to die and so it was course correcting so to speak...

The Claw

Is it safe to say yet that Ben is one of the 'good guys' (as he has claimed so many times!). He had some cracking lines there yesterday like when he listed the mercenary's history over the walkie and when his good guy actions when he summoned smokey and mourned his daughter, but then again he let his daughter be murdered and it seems he will also murder Penny. He might have had to sacrifice his daughter to stop Widmore from gaining control of the island but why go after Penny? Pure revenge or is there a 'rule' that means he has to follow?

It is just the best show ever made in my opinion, the continuity is incredible, if you look back at the other series' you notice things that link up with episodes now. You get a few answers but they hit you with so many more questions. Pure genius.

jaykay

Quote from: Mac Eoghain on April 29, 2008, 03:50:15 PM

This is where the rules come in. The rule of engagement between Widmore & Ben must have been that no family members were to be touched, Ben & Jim Robinson would have known this but that nutcase Keamy lost the plot, Ben was banking on the rules to save her.

Just before she was shot didnt Ben say that she wasnt his daughter?

Rav67

Quote from: jaykay on April 29, 2008, 04:16:22 PM

This is where the rules come in. The rule of engagement between Widmore & Ben must have been that no family members were to be touched, Ben & Jim Robinson would have known this but that nutcase Keamy lost the plot, Ben was banking on the rules to save her.

She isn't biologically, he was trying to talk Keamy out of killing her by making out she wasn't a strong bargaining chip, however why he felt that this was necessary given "the rules" I'm not sure.  Maybe he did fear Widmore would be prepared to break/change them.

Mentalman

Quote from: Rav67 on April 29, 2008, 04:25:59 PM
Quote from: jaykay on April 29, 2008, 04:16:22 PM

She isn't biologically, he was trying to talk Keamy out of killing her by making out she wasn't a strong bargaining chip, however why he felt that this was necessary given "the rules" I'm not sure.  Maybe he did fear Widmore would be prepared to break/change them.

Exactly. If the "rules" protected her as his daughter why would he disown her, he said he had it under control. Also if not technically his daughter then she was fair game as were the rest of the crash survivors. Hence maybe why Widmore can claim he broke no rules. But he also said that Ben killed her, didn't he? As usual there is more to last night's episode than meets the eye - why does he need John and Hugo for instance. And is Widmore really responsible for Sayid's wife's demise - or did Ben manipulate him as suggested by the smirk. What's with appearing in the desert in Tunisia apparently shot? Of course a time loop would explain some of this, in a ground hog type of way....absolutely brilliant. I'm glad though they have set a finite end to the series, hopefully they have given enough time to play out all the strands of the story without the need to finish up the threads abruptly. Despite all the questions raised last night I think it has moved the story on a little further. 
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

amallon

If they were robots would you not expect Ben to have more control over them?  He didn't want to be close by when he summoned it.  Why did he lock the door when he went into the secret room to call on smokey.  There is something he didn't want Lock and Sawyer to see.

The Jacob thing is a bit weird too, if I remember right from an earlier series he was invisible or something? 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Rav67

Quote from: amallon on April 30, 2008, 10:25:00 AM
The Jacob thing is a bit weird too, if I remember right from an earlier series he was invisible or something? 

He's invisible to most people, it seems like you need to have a special connection to the island in order to see him.  In the last series, Ben took Locke to Jacob's cabin and he was invisible initially to Locke, who then thought Ben was tricking him.  But Jacob appeared briefly to Locke as he was leaving the cabin and said "help me."

nrico2006

That timeline theory posted a few pages ago will give you more of an insight into people like Jacob/Bens Mum etc.  Worth a read, especially after recent episodes it seems that this theory is possibly accurate.  The nerdy scientists reference along the lines of 'It doesnt matter when...' regarding the dead doctor and also Ben asking what year was it when he arrived at the hotel.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JimStynes

nrico - what are you doing watching stupid programs like lost. Neighbours is the way forward ;)

nrico2006

JimStynes, you know Ill never miss Neighbours, especially as Dee Bliss is returning.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

amallon

My RTE2 went on the blink last night and I had to endure a real bad picture for most of it.  Who did Jack think he saw sitting in his house?  Any suggestions on what happened to Claire?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

Mentalman

Ah last night's episode was just really marking time, don't you think lads? Not an awful lot revealed, except perhaps how Kate might end up with Aaron, and reminding us that Jack and Claire are related, although judging from last night episode it's not clear Jack knows that, although that may be what's behind his cut at Kate about not even being related to the boy. Juliet proved herself to be a shrewd cookie again, and sorted out Jack and Kate good an proper, have a feeling she still has a major role to play. I'm sure the chicks will love that Jack got engaged to Kate, and all that.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Loughers

Totally agree Mentalman re. last night's episode.  There was so much going on the previous week, we were bound to have a slow one last night.  Smokey musn't be that dangerous as it looked like most if not all the mercenaries are still alive.