The Connacht football championship

Started by Pietas, September 17, 2007, 01:47:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SLIGONIAN

Well Seanie, I hope your joking, the longer the Mayo, galway, ros leitrim are poor the more connaght championships WE will win. So I hope they all stay poor for our benefit.. ;). I couldnt care less about any connaght teams only Sligo. When Mayo play AI finals correct me if Im wrong they wear the green and red of mayo not the white and blue of connaght. This thing of connaght blahblah, when you wear your county colours you represent your county. When you wear your provincial jersey you represent your province.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Tubberman

Nice attitude Sligonian....
You won't win much support from the rest of Connacht (note the spelling) with comments like that. And maybe you don't want our support, which is fair enough. 
But remember that when Mayo (or whoever the Connacht champs are) play in Croke Park, they are the Connacht representatives. So, in a way, they do represent you ;)
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tubberman on September 18, 2007, 01:48:23 PM
Nice attitude Sligonian....
You won't win much support from the rest of Connacht (note the spelling) with comments like that. And maybe you don't want our support, which is fair enough. 
But remember that when Mayo (or whoever the Connacht champs are) play in Croke Park, they are the Connacht representatives. So, in a way, they do represent you ;)

Not entirely true anymore with the Back-door. Time for Sligo to continue with the me fein.  ;)

smelly fairy

What's so ridiculous about doing yoga as part of training... Wasn't Roy Keane an advocate of it?! Yoga increases the body's ability to transport oxygen to the muscles, yes, making you more supple, less prone to injury, fitter, improving your breathing etc etc etc. Give John Maughan a break I say..

mannix

Yoga?
Yes I can see tyrone or kerry really respecting you because you are a yoga expert.I would not go saying yoga too loud in the pub neither or you might be asked to come out of the closet and be truthful.

AbbeySider

Quote from: Goin Down on September 17, 2007, 11:01:50 PM
I remember hearing Maughan had them doing yoga earlier in the year! :D ;)

Dont see whats so funny GD !?

Most county teams are using yoga and pilates to improve flexibility and core strength.

Some awful ignorance on this thread

Turlough O Carolan

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 18, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: Goin Down on September 17, 2007, 11:01:50 PM
I remember hearing Maughan had them doing yoga earlier in the year! :D ;)

Dont see whats so funny GD !?

Most county teams are using yoga and pilates to improve flexibility and core strength.

Sure they're not used to that Ayshtern philosophy down Wesht.

Redgreenery

Next year should see an improvment for Mayo anyways, hard to believe how bad we were in this years championship, Johonno's going to be on year 2 of his 3 year plan so fans would be looking for an improvement, as for Galway hard to say, new manager, so we'll just have to see how he plays things. Doubt Roscommon will do anything, possibly Sligo or Leitrim but if Mayo and Galway are kept in opposite sides of the draw it could well them in the final again.
Connaught Football on Senior inter county terms hit rock bottom this year, all it can do is improve.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Redgreenery on September 18, 2007, 06:35:17 PM
Next year should see an improvment for Mayo anyways, hard to believe how bad we were in this years championship, Johonno's going to be on year 2 of his 3 year plan so fans would be looking for an improvement, as for Galway hard to say, new manager, so we'll just have to see how he plays things. Doubt Roscommon will do anything, possibly Sligo or Leitrim but if Mayo and Galway are kept in opposite sides of the draw it could well them in the final again.
Connaught Football on Senior inter county terms hit rock bottom this year, all it can do is improve.

Why, might I ask? I cannot see anything that has enlightened me at all. And I was generally shocked all year with the amount of people that had us down for All-Ireland contention this year as well. Maybe I'm overly pessimistic but that is how I see things at the moment. :(
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

Quote from: smelly fairy on September 18, 2007, 04:08:28 PM
Give John Maughan a break I say..

I wholeheartedly agree. How about 10 years in New Zealand ;D
I see he's back on his anti "back door" hobby horse again. He claims Kerry are getting handy All Irelands because of the back door.
They got their handiest ever this year and they came the Traditional route so what the **** is he talking about.
Maybe all that yoga has him ore addled than when he is the sideline.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AbbeySider

Quote from: AbbeySider on September 18, 2007, 04:59:20 PM
Quote from: Turlough O Carolan on September 18, 2007, 06:01:19 PM
Sure they're not used to that Ayshtern philosophy down Wesht.

LAMO   :D  :D  :D

But believe me those Kerry boys know their Yoga form their Pilates! 

magpie seanie

QuoteTime for Sligo to continue with the me fein

A funny comment.