TV problem

Started by ludermor, September 16, 2007, 12:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

got a new TV yesterday, going ok except  i cant adjust the volumeor access the teletext on my sky remote.Everything else on the sky remote work fine. Does anyone know why?

deiseach

Volume doesn't work on the Sky remote. Probably something they've included for the future (and will never use, like the SysRq key on a PC keyboard)

The Text button won't work for RTÉ. It should still work on your regular TV remote - the one you'll need to use to adjust the volume. This won't work for Ceefax though, which the Beeb have discontinued on digital. Instead you can use the Text button on the Sky remote.

Isn't progress grand?

ludermor

cheers deiseach, the volumne works ok on the sky remote with the old TV. Its a fecking pain having 2 remotes.
I suppose when im here is there any way of getting the sky multiroom without getting a phone line?

holylandsniper

Ring Sky up tell them that and theyl give you a code and instructions what to do, to sync your remote with tv, also code and instructions can be found on Interactive part on Sky not sure exactly were but its there. & yes volume can work on Sky Remote

ludermor

ludermor

Cheers Holyland! got it eventually in the interactive menu
For anyone else here are the steps
1)Press the interactive button on the remote
2)Press customer support
3)Go to set up your sky remote and select
4)Follow the instructions on screen, you will need your tv model number, it didnt have my model but i tried a few of the similar ones and it worked eventually
Agus sin é