Russian 'sex day' to boost births

Started by Square Ball, September 12, 2007, 10:31:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

this is brilliant,

The governor of Ulyanovsk region in Russia is offering prizes to couples who have babies in exactly nine months - on Russia's national day on 12 June.
Sergei Morozov wants couples to take the day off work to have sex. If a baby is born on national day, they will receive cars, TVs or other prizes.

Mr Morozov has declared Wednesday "family contact day" as part of efforts to fight Russia's demographic crisis.

The population has sharply declined since the Soviet Union collapsed.

This is the third year that Ulyanovsk, in central Russia, is offering prizes for babies born on 12 June.

This year, a couple won the grand prize of a sports utility vehicle (SUV).

The initiative seems to be paying off, as the region's birth rate has risen by 4.5% over the last year.

"If there's a good, healthy atmosphere at home within the family, if the husband and wife both love each other and their child, they will be in good spirits... so there'll be a healthy atmosphere throughout the country," Mr Morozov told the Associated Press news agency.

Demographers estimate that Russia could lose 40 million people - almost a third of its current population - by the middle of the century.

A combination of falling birth rates, emigration and an ailing healthcare system has led to the decline.

President Vladimir Putin has introduced a scheme to encourage more children.

Women who have a second or third child are eligible to receive $9,000, which can be used to pay for education or home purchases.

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Puckoon

Read that this morning, couldnt make it up.

Pangurban

European Nations need to wake up and smell the Coffe, and take initatives to address the demographic time bomb which is the falling birth rates within Europe, partly masked by immigrants. this will be a more serious threat to our econonmies and way of life than the largely mythical global warming

ziggysego

The Russians won't feel like riding after the soccer tonight.

Then again, it will take their minds off the game.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

I came home today wearing one of those big furry Russian cossack hats and started doing the barynya. I said Без отдыха и конь не скачет, which means 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy'.

She was having none of it and said it I hadn't dunged out the yard by 6 I was having soup just.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ONeill

В каждой шутке есть доля правды.

(Many a true word is spoken in jest)
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2007, 11:30:16 PM
You're too polite to ask Russia to produce more vodka?

No, too polite to ask for Russian vodka.
Testing Accessibility

Puckoon

Quote from: hardstation on September 12, 2007, 11:35:34 PM
Well, you're a beaten docket if you can't muster that. If you can't ask for that, how are you going to be able to ask her for a..........................

more to the point how would she be able to answer...

stephenite

Quote from: Pangurban on September 12, 2007, 10:43:57 PM
European Nations need to wake up and smell the Coffe, and take initatives to address the demographic time bomb which is the falling birth rates within Europe, partly masked by immigrants. this will be a more serious threat to our econonmies and way of life than the largely mythical global warming

Is it largely mythical though? I've tried to understand a lot of the arguments, and whilst a lot of it goes over my head I do wonder is it all part of the natural cycle of things ( I mean it's not like pollution caused the last Ice age, but than again I don't know for sure either )

We're certainly a filthy shower, humans that is. And we haven't exactly been kind to our natural environment over the years, so surely a backlash makes sense also.

Can't make my mind up on this thing, Pangurban lets hear your side of the story, you sound confident enough to know what you're talking about

illdecide

It's hard to come up with a better idea that shag day but maybe ** Edited by Mod 3 - Please refrain from making racist comments.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Quote from: illdecide on September 13, 2007, 01:19:37 PM
It's hard to come up with a better idea that shag day but maybe [

Careful illdecide, you will get accused of being racist by some