Dinner Dance Guest Speakers

Started by Norf Tyrone, September 11, 2007, 02:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Hill

QuoteWhat would Peter Quinn be like. I'd say pretty good.

Yes Seanie, he's good if a bit heavy but he is a genuine and knowledgeable GAA man and doesn't charge.  I was at a dinner last year where spoke and he went down really great but it's a good idea to also have a "lunatic" like Benny Tierney on, just to balance things.
"Stercus accidit"

clarshack

tierney is the man. did our gala in february and he was very good. tony scullion has been mentioned here - dunno what he would be like at a dinner dance but you will not get a better motivational speaker in preparation for a game. the hairs were standing on the back of the neck i tell you!

Armagh4SamAgain

Benny is quer cracke all the time i never saw him at a dinner when he didnt enjoy himself,and keep the crack goin all nite. His da is grate crake to pius and everybody loves to see him coming for the cracke. Mr Burns is a very nice and is good at Irish so he is
'We just go out to play our football and let the critics say what they want. They usually do anyway"

Puckoon

Quote from: Armagh4SamAgain on September 12, 2007, 09:22:16 PM
Benny is quer cracke all the time i never saw him at a dinner when he didnt enjoy himself,and keep the crack goin all nite. His da is grate crake to pius and everybody loves to see him coming for the cracke. Mr Burns is a very nice and is good at Irish so he is

He never met a dinner he didnt like alright! :D :D :D

ziggysego

Seen him at a few and it's the same stories. That said, they are good stories and the craic bes 90 with him.

Doesn't be long disappearing after the grub though. ;)
Testing Accessibility

stiffler

May McFettridge. Was quite a star on the camogie pitch in her hayday
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Lecale2

Did Mr Burns teach you by any chance Armagh4SamAgain?

Over the Bar

QuoteMay McFettridge. Was quite a star on the camogie pitch in her hayday

Have to say I  wasnt a fan until I saw May do a half hour skit at a dinner.   Absolutely hilarious.  Cut the women sitting near the front to the bone.

ziggysego

Quote from: Over the Bar on September 13, 2007, 09:18:57 AM
QuoteMay McFettridge. Was quite a star on the camogie pitch in her hayday

Have to say I  wasnt a fan until I saw May do a half hour skit at a dinner.   Absolutely hilarious.  Cut the women sitting near the front to the bone.

I saw May entertain school kids. She didn't have tear the teachers to shreads in front of them. Good craic  :D

PS I wasn't a teacher nor school kid. I was there as a professional guest ;)
Testing Accessibility

illdecide

Quote from: stiffler on September 12, 2007, 10:57:41 PM
May McFettridge. Was quite a star on the camogie pitch in her hayday

Aye May is good alright, but for £1250 she should be. And if you have heard her b4 then don't go back as its all repeated
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

£1250 fcuk :o
How does this compare to the other names mentioned?

Pietas

Liam Horan is your man, best I've ever heard.  Hillariously funny and well researched:

If you don't believe me, take a look at the tail end of last week's road to croker on the rte website

If it's a really big do you should get Micheál O Muircheartaigh

I don't think he's too expensive.
In Roman mythology, Pietas was the goddess of duty to one's state, gods and family.

Jinxy

Quote from: Pietas on September 13, 2007, 04:20:18 PM
Liam Horan is your man, best I've ever heard.  Hillariously funny and well researched:

If you don't believe me, take a look at the tail end of last week's road to croker on the rte website

If it's a really big do you should get Micheál O Muircheartaigh

I don't think he's too expensive.

I thought that bit was rubbish. Each to his own I suppose.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Handball Ace

Heard Keaveney and he was brilliant, modest and funny fella

ziggysego

Quote from: THE MIGHTY QUINN on September 13, 2007, 10:23:49 PM
That sort of stuff pisses me off. When you pay good money to see a comedian you don't expect to be made part of the fecking act. Did McFettridge give the woman he insulted a cut of his fee.

Well..... you do when it comes to May McFettridge.
Testing Accessibility