PPS 14 Unlawful!

Started by T Fearon, September 07, 2007, 11:42:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Just thinking of the load of dosh I'm gonna make from my inheritance! I might even treat myself to a private jet or buy Spurs from ENIC ;D

man in black

Quote from: T Fearon on September 07, 2007, 11:42:02 AM
Just thinking of the load of dosh I'm gonna make from my inheritance! I might even treat myself to a private jet or buy Spurs from ENIC ;D

Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
'Till things are brighter, I'm the Man In Black

Wee Roddy

What is this about, Planning??

ziggysego

This is brilliant news. PPS 14 was a complete joke and I feel contributed greatly to the current house prices in the North.

I agree that something has to be done about building in the countryside, but PPS 14 was not the way forward.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

QuoteRural home applications mushroom 

There have been 700 applications to build new houses in rural areas since the controversial planning regulation PPS14 was ruled unlawful last week.

The figures were released at an Assembly committee meeting on Thursday.

The committee was told 554 planning applications had been refused on PPS14 grounds since March 2006

Planning officials say legal advice suggests that although PPS14 has been ruled unlawful, those refusals will stand.

Environment Minister Arlene Foster is now being urged to ensure that the applicants affected by PPS14 planning statement do not have to pay the fees associated with a fresh application.

Last week, the High Court ruled that a government ban on new single rural dwellings had been introduced illegally

Mr Justice Gillen said that if he was wrong in his judgement, then the Department of Rural Development could appeal.

The judge said he would put off making an order confirming his judgement for one week to allow the department's lawyers to file affidavits.

Following that, he said, the hearing would take place on 27 September.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7005257.stm

Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

QuoteEnvironment Minister Arlene Foster is to outline the executive's review of the PPS14 policy which restricts house building in the countryside.

A new planning policy will go out to consultation towards the end of April.

Among the ideas considered are keeping restrictions in greenbelt areas and countryside policy areas like the Mournes and Fermanagh lakeland.

The executive is said to be keen on developing small clusters of affordable social housing.

It is also thought to be willing to relax planning restrictions for those with disabilities or suffering poor health.

The Green Party assembly member Brian Wilson said it was important the principle of the original policy was retained.

"What I am concerned about is that this will be so flexible that the speculators and developers will drive a coach and horses through the thing," he said.

"What we are going to end up with will be a blight on our countryside and a hacienda on every hillside."

The SDLP MLA Patsy McGlone said the need for housing in rural areas was a major concern.

"The balance between environmental concerns and the needs of the community for housing will not be accommodated by sticking a small cluster of urban-style housing at a crossroads," he said.

"There are many, many other people out there who will need to be accommodated and they are really looking to the executive for change on this matter."

The government announced in March 2006 that almost all new plans for single rural dwellings in Northern Ireland would no longer be considered.

The then planning minister, Lord Rooker, said that the measures were designed to save the countryside.

The decision met with protests and a court challenge.

Sourced BBCi: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/7237722.stm

Testing Accessibility

lfdown2

does anyone know where you could find a map of where is termed the mournes?

THE MIGHTY QUINN

Quote from: T Fearon on September 07, 2007, 11:42:02 AM

So any tears you shed at the funerals will be of the crocodile variety

Red Sky

This is good news, we were turned down a few years ago – spoke to the architect yesterday and application is being resubmitted – least have the plans just have to pay for resubmitting, though if it was unlawful why they rejected our application in the first place surely the resubmission should be free?

Tony Baloney

Everyone is getting carried away - priority will be given to replacement dwellings and new hamlets in the countryside thus fulfilling the need to support rural communities but not having a 5 bedroom house in the corner of every field. One-off houses which blight the 32 countries will still be under really close scrutiny.

Onion Bag

Quote from: lfdown2 on February 11, 2008, 03:59:46 PM
does anyone know where you could find a map of where is termed the mournes?

Contact the DOE road service, they might be able to help, they have ordance survey maps of everywhere
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Tony Baloney

Quotedoes anyone know where you could find a map of where is termed the mournes?

Depends on area they are going to ring-fence as part of the proposed Mournes National Park http://www.ehsni.gov.uk/landscape/designated-areas-2/national_park.htm

Hereiam

Red sky you are wasting your time. Applications will still be assessed under the current PPS14 until the re drafted PPS  is made law which I can tell u will not be till the end of the year at least. If I were you I would look about a new architect as they are giving u false hope

loughshore lad

Quote from: Hereiam on February 12, 2008, 01:14:21 PM
Red sky you are wasting your time. Applications will still be assessed under the current PPS14 until the re drafted PPS  is made law which I can tell u will not be till the end of the year at least. If I were you I would look about a new architect as they are giving u false hope

Spot on advice there and even when the new policy comes out the chances of it getting passed would be extremely slim I would say.