Signing Off (Text/Emails)

Started by Smiler An Dun, September 05, 2007, 10:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

A fella shouldnt put an 'x' on the end unless he is hoping to do a 'laoislad' on her.
Dont know why girls do it, first time a girl put an 'x' to me I thought she wanted me even though she was engaged :o.
How wrong was I :D

Our Nail Loney

I would also just like to chip in with a few otherthings males should not be allowed to use in e mails or text messages:

- lol
- rofl
- lmao

Or anything of such ilk! I like to laugh when I want to, not when people command me too and would like to think so vice versa!

Rant over, thank you.

Balboa

Regardless, keep us posted on whether you give her a high hard one......

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on September 06, 2007, 12:10:49 PM
I would also just like to chip in with a few otherthings males should not be allowed to use in e mails or text messages:

- lol
- rofl
- lmao

Or anything of such ilk! I like to laugh when I want to, not when people command me too and would like to think so vice versa!

Rant over, thank you.

Great post LOL :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on September 06, 2007, 12:10:49 PM

- lol
- rofl
- lmao

Rant over, thank you.

They aren't telling you to laugh, they are telling you they are laughing. Plus it's another way to say it's a humour message and not to be taken literally. It's hard to engage to context of the written word.
Testing Accessibility

longball

Quote from: full back on September 06, 2007, 12:02:22 PM
A fella shouldnt put an 'x' on the end unless he is hoping to do a 'laoislad' on her.
Dont know why girls do it, first time a girl put an 'x' to me I thought she wanted me even though she was engaged :o.
How wrong was I :D

i think all men would have thougth the same fullback! its wemens fault!!!!
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on September 06, 2007, 11:48:30 AM
Quote from: Puckoon on September 05, 2007, 10:57:23 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 05, 2007, 10:55:05 PM
The girl is not making a move!

Be a man smiler!

Signing off with x - *shakes head*

Ack ballox PoG! Those girls are cuter hoors than the kerry men of old! Most of them have a fair idea of what they are up to - best thing to do, steal her phone and see if she sends xox to every fecker shes writing to. Then invite her over for a curry chip and a cup of tae.

Thats how I ended up in my current predicament :o :( >:( ???

Classic!!
Whats ur current predicament!
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Farrandeelin

It seems girls do it all the time! I received a text from my sister with an 'x' at the end of it. I rang her to see if she had sent it to the wrong person cos she never texts me really and I was really taken aback by the 'x'.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

MauriceMalpas

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 05, 2007, 10:55:05 PM
The girl is not making a move!

Be a man smiler!

Signing off with x - *shakes head*
Signing off with x - *shakes head, points at Smiler an Dun and laughs*

Rois

I NEVER sign off with an 'x' unless I mean it, and even then it's usually "Rxx"

Can I advise, if you are a fella, not to be putting an x in.  It creeps me out.

Treasurer

Quote from: Rois on September 06, 2007, 04:52:41 PM

Can I advise, as a fella, ..

Jeez Rois, poor Laoislad will be awful confused :D

PS You modified that fairly fast!!!

Smiler An Dun

received another txt earlier today from the person in question and she has once again responded with xx.  i can presume now she has read nothing into how i signed off last night.  that wsa a close shave.  Will deft not give into the temptation so easy again. 

Treasurer

Either she read nothign into it or else she liked your response  ;)

Derry Daisy

Quote from: Smiler An Dun on September 06, 2007, 05:12:12 PM
received another txt earlier today from the person in question and she has once again responded with xx.  i can presume now she has read nothing into how i signed off last night.  that wsa a close shave.  Will deft not give into the temptation so easy again. 

Trust me she has read something into it, txt again today......she's keen   :P

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Rois on September 06, 2007, 04:52:41 PM
I NEVER sign off with an 'x' unless I mean it, and even then it's usually "Rxx"

Can I advise, if you are a fella, not to be putting an x in.  It creeps me out.

Thank you rois! (see, i was right)

No, she was up half the night debating with her friends what the x meant.
probably just texted you today with an x to see how you'd respond.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

ludermor

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 06, 2007, 01:45:44 PM
It seems girls do it all the time! I received a text from my sister with an 'x' at the end of it. I rang her to see if she had sent it to the wrong person cos she never texts me really and I was really taken aback by the 'x'.

i heard but ye had close families in knockmore!!