Sandy Hill

Quote from: orangeman on September 07, 2007, 10:17:54 AM
, it looks like Mc Geeney is set to spit the dummy out of the pram -

I don't know how you figure this out!
"Stercus accidit"

pintsofguinness

Quote from: laughinpaddy on September 07, 2007, 04:50:47 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2007, 01:43:31 PM
Does peter McDonnell know the road to Lurgan? if so tell him not to bother as all the good players from there have retired :D :D

On a serious note i know nothing about that man, don't even know what he looks like. what type of guy is he?? Is he the "kick the door thru" guy or a quiet talk??
He's the type of manager who if need be will kick the door thru, but mostly a quiet man who likes talking to players individually to see what makes them 'tick'
When he speaks people listen!

If memory serves me well Cross played Mullaghbawn in a championship game at the bridge some years ago, at half time a couple of us were standing almost behind the bottom goal and we could hear him in the changing room!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

orangeman

Nothing wrong with shouting in the changing room ! It's an age old tactic in Armagh along with firing things.

pintsofguinness

NOthing wrong with it at all, just making the point he's got no trouble letting rip.

johnpower

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 07, 2007, 09:24:18 PM
Quote from: laughinpaddy on September 07, 2007, 04:50:47 PM
Quote from: illdecide on September 07, 2007, 01:43:31 PM
Does peter McDonnell know the road to Lurgan? if so tell him not to bother as all the good players from there have retired :D :D

On a serious note i know nothing about that man, don't even know what he looks like. what type of guy is he?? Is he the "kick the door thru" guy or a quiet talk??
He's the type of manager who if need be will kick the door thru, but mostly a quiet man who likes talking to players individually to see what makes them 'tick'
When he speaks people listen!

Pints just sorry just seen the anouncement . Whats the view in the orchard ? Saw the Armagh u21 in the all  Ireland semi had about 5/6 grood players .Will the county get behind him .

If memory serves me well Cross played Mullaghbawn in a championship game at the bridge some years ago, at half time a couple of us were standing almost behind the bottom goal and we could hear him in the changing room!

the procastenator

i hear this new boyo has got them trainin already, n hes called chris lawn in for coach

Datsun Donaghy

Quote from: the procastenator on September 08, 2007, 05:41:30 PM
i hear this new boyo has got them trainin already, n hes called chris lawn in for coach

Lawn was always big and slow, but I don't know how many players he could carry to the games. Surely Quinn's coaches would be a better option!

Smokin Joe

I heard that Big Joe informed the County Board that if Grimely got the job he would instruct Hughie Morgan to pull his sponsorship.
Nice, if true.

It appears that he mightn't have gone away you know. :o

umgolaarmagh

I heard something along those lines as well

pintsofguinness

I thought Morgan was pulling out his sponsorship anyway.

I heard (rumours are flying) that Pearse Ogs players wont play for county, that if Grimley had got the job there were two sponsors from armagh going to throw money in?

You wouldnt know what to believe.

orangeman

Pints  -I'd say that was shite talk - players will play for whoever in most circumstances - it's not Mc Donnell's fault - he is the innocent party here -

orangeman

You're doing your best I see !!!!!!! LOL

illdecide

Heard over the weekend that he was bringing in Denis Hollywood and Martin McQuillan as his bakroom staff. Has anyone else heard anything??
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

topgun

nothing to do with the thread, thought i would take the opportunity to let us no that if anyones interested poker classic (texas) in the harps club armagh on friday night, 8 30pm start, £20 in, proceeds in aid of mencap, member of the harps running the New York marathon in november, all support greatly welcomed, see www.justgiving.com/paulhagan if anyone would like to contribute.

Thanks Topgun
a prophet is not recognised by his own