All Ireland Championship 2007 Review

Started by seanobrien12, September 05, 2007, 09:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanobrien12

If Cork win the All Ireland this year, it will be remembered as the WORST championship in this decade.
And I will jump off the cliffs of Moher if Noel O Leary is named Footballer of the Year 2007
And what can I say of Billy Morgan. I despise the man

Redhandfan

It has already been the worst championship this decade.  The Dublin v Kerry All-Ireland semi-final was puke football at its worst.  Bring back the Ulster teams.

gerry

aye, it be Monaghan or Cavan teams for the next few years in ulster, unless Tyrone can sort out their injuries.
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Kernan_is_King

You all never thought that you would miss the magic that Armagh brought to the championship.   ;)
Big Joe - Big Future!

Mike Sheehy

Gnevin

Quote from: seanobrien12 on September 05, 2007, 09:25:29 PM
If Cork win the All Ireland this year, it will be remembered as the WORST championship in this decade.
And I will jump off the cliffs of Moher if Noel O Leary is named Footballer of the Year 2007
And what can I say of Billy Morgan. I despise the man
But if Kerry win , every thing will be right with the world , catch a grip . It wasn't as good the last 2 years but hardly the worst .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

didlyi

Were the Ulster counties not in this years Chamionship? I could have sworn I seen a few of them being bate. Hardly Kerrys and Corks fault that this years championship poor.

maddog

As long as the final isnt a repeat of 2004 and 2006. This season could do with a cracking final

ONeill

Well there was,

Hearty dropping, Cavlan dogging,
O'Connor griping, Pillar sniping,
Keaney pointing, McFadden punching,
Dooher falling, Geraghty brawling
Sligo winning in the West
Whilst Cat Hurling was the best.

And there was,

Bradley bating, Dara kicking,
Ricey roasting, Masters hurting,
Limerick rising, Deise crying,
Jackeen goading, Wicklow smiling
And Ulster took a well earned rest
As next Sunday is a Munster-fest.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

his holiness nb

If Cork win its the worst this decade?

OK so its a classic final, with the sides level in the last minute, the the half forward scores a ridiculous point from almost the sideline to win Sam.
Which team does he play for ?
a) Kerry, so everything is ok.
) Cork, so its been a terrible year.

Silly suggestion, make up your mind about how bad the year has been no matter who wins the final.
Ask me holy bollix

heineken_on_tap

It hasn't been a great year alright - completely overshadowed by the hurling. Still around Monaghan and Sligo people will remember a good year. Tyrone, Armagh and Mayo went out of it tamely in the end and Dublin came up short again. In my book Cork have had an easy enough route top the final(in fairness Meath were not as good as we though) and for that reason and for the first time in my life I  hope Kerry go on and win it. Least then the best team in the country will have SAM

cusack

But if Cork win, are they not the best team in the country?

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: ONeill on September 06, 2007, 10:46:22 AM
Well there was,

Hearty dropping, Cavlan dogging,
O'Connor griping, Pillar sniping,
Keaney pointing, McFadden punching,
Dooher falling, Geraghty brawling
Sligo winning in the West
Whilst Cat Hurling was the best.

And there was,

Bradley bating, Dara kicking,
Ricey roasting, Masters hurting,
Limerick rising, Deise crying,
Jackeen goading, Wicklow smiling
And Ulster took a well earned rest
As next Sunday is a Munster-fest.

O' Neill ur a star, well done!

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: cusack on September 07, 2007, 09:47:32 AM
But if Cork win, are they not the best team in the country?

On the day between two teams anything can happen - usually the best team  wins football matches but not always. Even if Cork win on sunday I honesly would not say they are the best team in the country. Ironically I would put Kerry, Dublin and even Monaghan before them. Who have they beaten on their way to the final of real substance?? Maybe they will beat Kerry on Sunday but it would be my opinion that the best team lost

Hardy

What's the point of having the final then?