What did Anderson say about Jones?

Started by theskull1, September 02, 2007, 11:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 04, 2007, 04:09:54 PM
I heard from a well-informed friend that Anderson said something that was in real terms unrepeatable. Apparently he questioned Jones's ability to comprehend something in a manner that was hardly inappropriate. It seems that Jones took offence as he has been well-known not to partake in such things. The fact is that what was said was perceived to be offensive, in a non-offensive way. Whether Anderson said it in the first place; whether Jones heard it or whether Nolan was listening will all be revealed in court. At this stage though it is open to question whether what was said was actually said.

Huh?
Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

I always thought Anderson was a smarmy little twat, not Jones, and I can well understand how offence could be taken from his utterings, even though none was probably intended.

pintsofguinness

Can't stand either of them though you'd imagine Anderson would be a **** and Jones, hamless enough, but bloody annoying. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Yer Ma

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 04, 2007, 05:29:58 PM
Can't stand either of them though you'd imagine Anderson would be a **** and Jones, hamless enough, but bloody annoying. 

That would have been my thoughts as well.

Aristotle Flynn

Jones is a pain in the arse. Anderson is very witty but full of himself. I wouldn't care to spend much time in eithers company.
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.

Donagh

IMO opinion Gerry Anderson is the best broadcaster ever to come out of BBCNI. In fact I might even join his cruise:

http://www.thepattclub.ie/viewtrip.cfm?tripId=124

theskull1

Quote from: Donagh on September 05, 2007, 11:01:36 AM
IMO opinion Gerry Anderson is the best broadcaster ever to come out of BBCNI.

By a long shot. Can understand why people think that he's full of himself though, but when you're a meer mortal you're more likely to think that about people who possess serious talent. The same could not be said about Jones who like hugo d talents appeal to the less discerning listener. Anderson is a class act

Can't believe no one has the details of what took place
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

red hander

'Can't believe no one has the details of what took place'

If you're that interested Skull, message me and I'll fill you in

T Fearon

. You don't undertand why anyone hasn't the details? How many people have nothing better to do at 10.30am each morning other than listen to inane chatter between Stephen Nolan and Gerry Anderson (who was apparently a rock musician before entering broadcasting and famously looked down upon by the Bachelors, for which he has never forgiven them)

theskull1

Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2007, 01:43:42 PM
How many people have nothing better to do at 10.30am each morning other than listen to inane chatter

Well thats a bit rich coming from your good self.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Doire abú

Gerry Anderson is a brilliant presenter, as is Nolan. Jones on the other hand....

ziggysego

Quote from: theskull1 on September 05, 2007, 03:29:07 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 05, 2007, 01:43:42 PM
How many people have nothing better to do at 10.30am each morning other than listen to inane chatter

Well thats a bit rich coming from your good self.

Tony's busy writing letters
Testing Accessibility

stew

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on September 04, 2007, 04:09:54 PM
I heard from a well-informed friend that Anderson said something that was in real terms unrepeatable. Apparently he questioned Jones's ability to comprehend something in a manner that was hardly inappropriate. It seems that Jones took offence as he has been well-known not to partake in such things. The fact is that what was said was perceived to be offensive, in a non-offensive way. Whether Anderson said it in the first place; whether Jones heard it or whether Nolan was listening will all be revealed in court. At this stage though it is open to question whether what was said was actually said.

Well that clears it up rightly. :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ziggysego

So now that everything has been dealt with in the courts, what the fook was the whole thing about anyway?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

The suspense had been bloody killing me for 2 months. Sometimes at night I wake up in a cold sweat wondering what was said.

Surely someone somewhere heard it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.