GAA ALLSTARS 2007 ????

Started by SLIGONIAN, August 31, 2007, 03:26:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

QuoteThe Vodafone GAA All-Stars Football nominees for 2007:

Goalkeepers: Stephen Cluxton (Dublin); Brendan Murphy (Meath); Diarmuid Murphy (Kerry).

Full-backs: Marc O'Se (Kerry); Kevin McCloy (Derry); Graham Canty (Cork); Darren Fay (Meath); David Henry (Dublin); Conor Gormley (Tyrone); Ross Donovan (Sligo); Dessie Mone (Monaghan); Karl Lacey (Donegal).

Half-backs: Tomas O'Se (Kerry); Aidan O Mahony (Kerry); Killian Young (Kerry); Barry Cahill (Dublin); Michael McNamara (Sligo); Noel O'Leary (Cork); Gary McQuaid (Monaghan); Damien Freeman (Monaghan); Caoimhin King (Meath).

Midfield: Ciaran Whelan (Dublin); Darragh O'Se (Kerry); Nicholas Murphy (Cork); Fergal Doherty (Derry); Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone); Paddy Keenan (Louth).

Half-forwards: Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry); Paul Galvin (Kerry); Alan Brogan (Dublin); Bernard Brogan (Dublin); Anthony Moyles (Meath); Stephen Bray (Meath); Raymond Mulgrew (Tyrone); John Doyle (Kildare); Nicky Joyce (Galway).

Full-forwards: Colm Cooper (Kerry); Kieran Donaghy (Kerry); Thomas Freeman (Monaghan); Paddy Bradley (Derry); Donncha O'Connor (Cork); James Masters (Cork); Michael Cussen (Cork); Graham Geraghty (Meath); Mark Vaughan (Dublin).

4 very strong Monaghan candidates.  9 nominations in FF - i'd be surprised if Tommy Freeman doesn't land one - he was better than Bradley this year and stronger than any of Cork's candidates, in particular Masters who missed the Meath game and didn't have any impact in the final, only ending up the year's top scorer due to games against substantially weaker counties.

Kerry Mike

Am usually way out on these things but here goes

Goalkeeper:
Stephen Cluxton (Dublin)

Full-backs:
Marc O'Se (Kerry);
Graham Canty (Cork)
Dessie Mone (Monaghan)

Half-backs:
Caoimhin King (Meath).
Tomas O'Se (Kerry);
Killian Young (Kerry);

Midfield:
Darragh O'Se (Kerry)
Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone)

Half-forwards:
Anthony Moyles (Meath);  
Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry);
Bernard Brogan (Dublin);

Full-forwards:
Colm Cooper (Kerry);
Paddy Bradley (Derry);
Thomas Freeman (Monaghan);
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

Will the O'Se brothers all get all stars ? It would be some achievement.

Kerry Mike

Marc is a cert, Tomas should make it and it willl be interesting who gets the midfield berth, but Darragh had a great final against Nicholas Murphy and that will hopefully swing it for a unique treble for the boys from Ard an Bothar. Uncle Paidi will be happy.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

orangeman

It would be outrageous if Murphy got one and Dara missed out !

Frank Casey

FFS lads I think I'll be complaining about Seamus Moynihan not getting a nomination this year

From the bbc comment line:

comment by osoneill
posted 2 Hours Ago

I can't believe Peter Canavan didn't get a nomination. What does he have to do? Having won 2 All-Irelands, played in 3 finals, lifted countless All-Stars, the least they could do is nominate him for an All-Star. Albeit he just played CHB for his club's reserves this year, we simply shouldn't ignore his potential. Let's hope he proves them wrong next year and in the years to come.

add comment | complain about this comment

comment by sirhardstation
posted 1 Hour Ago

It is an absolute disgrace that Peter Canavan has been excluded from this years All Star nominations. This man has given us GAA followers so much over the years and it has all been thrown back in his face. I hope that they do the right thing and include him.

KERRY 3:7

Frank Casey

Quote from: orangeman on September 26, 2007, 09:16:00 PM
It would be outrageous if Murphy got one and Dara missed out !

Alan Quirke's final disappearing act (all three parts) possibly cost him a nomination. Nick Murphy was in the hideout with him and this may also cost him. Would not be surprised if the langers end up with no awards although this would be most unusual for a losing All Ireland finalist. Canty probably best bet but one couldn't guarantee it.
KERRY 3:7

orangeman

Canty might get one but Mc Cloy would be my full back - Cork have to get something out of it

Estimator

QuoteGoalkeeper:
Stephen Cluxton (Dublin)

Full-backs:
Marc O'Se (Kerry);
Graham Canty (Cork)
Dessie Mone (Monaghan)

Half-backs:
Caoimhin King (Meath).
Tomas O'Se (Kerry);
Killian Young (Kerry);

Midfield:
Darragh O'Se (Kerry)
Sean Cavanagh (Tyrone)

Half-forwards:
Anthony Moyles (Meath);  
Declan O'Sullivan (Kerry);
Bernard Brogan (Dublin);

Full-forwards:
Colm Cooper (Kerry);
Paddy Bradley (Derry);
Thomas Freeman (Monaghan);

Can't see Bradley, Cavanagh, or Mone gettin AllStars.. Cluxton big mistake against Kerry may count against him as well.
Derry's best hope is McCloy at FB.
F Doc had a great season at Midfield, but I feel that he will be overlooked probably for O'Se and Whelan
Ulster League Champions 2009

ONeill

Quote from: Frank Casey on September 26, 2007, 09:18:58 PM
FFS lads I think I'll be complaining about Seamus Moynihan not getting a nomination this year

From the bbc comment line:

comment by osoneill
posted 2 Hours Ago

I can't believe Peter Canavan didn't get a nomination. What does he have to do? Having won 2 All-Irelands, played in 3 finals, lifted countless All-Stars, the least they could do is nominate him for an All-Star. Albeit he just played CHB for his club's reserves this year, we simply shouldn't ignore his potential. Let's hope he proves them wrong next year and in the years to come.

comment by sirhardstation
posted 1 Hour Ago

It is an absolute disgrace that Peter Canavan has been excluded from this years All Star nominations. This man has given us GAA followers so much over the years and it has all been thrown back in his face. I hope that they do the right thing and include him.

Jayz I'm finding this very amusing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

ONeill

I know. Complete numbskulls the lot of them:

Quotecomment by neverkicktaball

posted 9 Minutes Ago

If the O'Se's, the Brogan's and the Freeman's all get a nomination then why not Peter and Pascal Canavan. It's a disgrace that both of them have been left out  :-[
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Don

they have fixed the position to set up the team they want. Bray shouldnt be in the half forwards but this will gurantee him one, similar arguement could be made for A Brogan. Likewise Gormley, probably should have been nominated in the half backs but this allows them to pick the 3 kerry lads in the half back line.

Team will be

B Murphy

O'Se
Canty
Gormley
O'Se
O'Mahony
Young
O'Se
Whelan
Bray
Brogan
O'Sullivan
Cooper
Freeman
O'Connor

chances for McCloy, King, Murphy in goals and Midfield and Donaghy. I would be shocked if anyone else gets in

never kickt a ball

Quote from: orangeman on September 26, 2007, 09:39:52 PM
what planet are they on ?

It gets better  :D :D

Quotecomment by Ciarrai_Mike
posted 1 Hour Ago

Who is this Peter Canavan fellow, Did he play for Armagh or Derry at some stage?

Anyway I want to nominate him for another All Star whoever he is, he might catch up with the great Pat Spillane yet!!

How in the name of Jerome Quinn and his holy donkey did Ulster teams get 11 Nominations and not even a minimum of an All Ireland semi final appearance from any of the Ulster 9 in the last 2 championships. I suppose it a bit of a consolation for the highly competitive Ulster championship, or as some call it "The Championship".

Sam says hi from his Kingdom to all his friends in Ulster.

comment by osoneill
posted 1 Hour Ago

Ciarrai_Mike appears to have some form of early dementia if he cannot recall that heavenly fellow who waltzed through the Kerry defence to nail a three-pointer in the All-Ireland Final of 2005, to maintain Tyrone's now 21 year unbeaten record against the kingdom.

I'm positive the All-Star nominators will consider a rethink when they realise what they've done. It's akin to Blasphemy.

As for Jerome, shame on you. Who is this Sean Kavanagh you write of?

comment by Bellaghyabu
posted 1 Hour Ago

Did Sean Cavanagh play midfield this year - never saw him in that part of the field ! Fearghal Doherty has to get one - oufielded the whole of Dublin.

comment by Bellaghyabu
posted 53 Minutes Ago

Paddy Bradley has to get an award - part of the Derry team that held Tyrone scoreless last year, part of the Derry team that beat Armagh this year, part of the Derry team that'll beat Kerry next year. Easily the best forward in Glenullin.

Comment on this article
Sorry, but you can only contribute to 606 during opening hours. These are 09:00 until 23:00 GMT, seven days a week.

You can only contribute during opening hours too   :D :D :D