First Ulster Scots Letter appears in local press!

Started by T Fearon, August 30, 2007, 11:17:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

SammyG

To be fair it still makes more sense than most of Tony's letters.  ;)

Lecale2

his holiness nb

But sure doesnt Gaaboard lead the way for these papers by accepting regular Ulster scotch posts?

Armagh4samagain, take a bow!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Hurler on the Bitch

"Wee Dafties" - was that the advert to find a care worker for kids with learning difficulties? Anyhow, this whole thing is beyond a joke. The bottom line is that there is money in it. 50 years of Stormont and not one word of Ulster-Scots recorded in the minutes. Does Irvine Welsh get a grant for writing books in Edinburgh-Scots? This farce will rank alongside hoaxes such as the flat earth and Antrim winning an All Ireland hurling title within three years (thanks Dinny).

Spiritof98

Any Irish put in the Tele has to have an English translation, why not here ??? ;)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

That is a great piece of piss taking - shows "Ulster-Scots" for the joke that it is.
Tbc....

downredblack

Gulpin is a great word , right up there with Hallion .

lynchbhoy

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 30, 2007, 11:23:29 AM
Quote from: SammyG on August 30, 2007, 11:21:54 AM
To be fair it still makes more sense than most of Tony's letters.  ;)

It does and not a mention of "wee dafties" anywhere  ;)
god forgive me, but that still cracks me up

Donagh

I see the BBC is proposing to launch a dedicated digital television service for the 58k Gaelic speakers in Scotland:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbctrust/consult/open_consultations/gaelic.html

I wonder will they be proposing the same for the 75k Irish language speakers in the six counties?

Blacksheep

The whole things a complete and utter joke and a complete waste of tax payers money. I wish the likes of Lord Lord would catch himself on. The low land Scots that came with the plantation didn't ware kilts. They were worn by the Gaelic speaking highlanders. They are so mixed up it's just a joke and I think most Unionists see it as such.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

Chrisowc

Quote from: Hurler on the Bitch on August 30, 2007, 11:37:37 AM
"Wee Dafties" - was that the advert to find a care worker for kids with learning difficulties? Anyhow, this whole thing is beyond a joke. The bottom line is that there is money in it. 50 years of Stormont and not one word of Ulster-Scots recorded in the minutes. Does Irvine Welsh get a grant for writing books in Edinburgh-Scots? This farce will rank alongside hoaxes such as the flat earth and Antrim winning an All Ireland hurling title within three years (thanks Dinny).

It did remind me of the first chapter of Trainspotting right enough!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SammyG

Quote from: Donagh on August 30, 2007, 12:03:17 PMI wonder will they be proposing the same for the 75k Irish language speakers in the six counties?

They might do if these people existed anywhere outside of the SF press office.

Square Ball

absolutly hillirious, still think the big freeze for the ice age is up there with wee dafties
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid