Are the defibrilators in place?

Started by Denn Forever, August 29, 2007, 07:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

What is the state of play currently? 

After the death in Spain and the problems at Leister last night,have defibrillators been put in place at GAA grounds?  And have people been trained?

Can these problems be discovered by tests?  After Cormac McAnnalen and the young rugby lad from Armagh died , there were call for young sportsmen to be tested?  Is that test still happening or is it out of sight, out of mind?

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

ziggysego

They are at my local club in Greencastle, with people trained. To my knowledge, that is the same with all locals at all levels throughout Tyrone.
Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

As at Denn.  But are the tests suggested or offered? 
means what he says...

Square Ball

what is the craic with these, is it compulsory at all GAA grounds, or recommended
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 29, 2007, 07:32:32 PM
As at Denn.  But are the tests suggested or offered? 

That I'm not sure of.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: Square Ball on August 29, 2007, 07:39:34 PM
what is the craic with these, is it compulsory at all GAA grounds, or recommended

Recommended, but when you have the Cormac McAnallen Trust, it makes it a lot easier for clubs to get them.
Testing Accessibility

Square Ball

what about the other counties, come on guys. This is the first i have heard of this and I would be interested what counties/grounds have these
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

As of 31st May 2005, AEDs have been provided to the following towns and communities:

Aghyaran
Ardboe
Augher
Aughnacloy
Ballygawley
Beragh
Brackaville
Brockagh
Carrickmore
Castlederg
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Clonoe
Coalisland
Cookstown
Derrylaughan
Derrytresk
Donaghmore
Dregish
Dromore
Drumquin
Drumragh
Dungannon
Edendork
Eglish
Eskra
Fintona
Galbally
Greencastle
Kildress
Killeeshil
Killyclogher
Killyman
Loughmacrory
Moortown
Moy
Newtownstewart
Omagh St Enda's GFC
Omagh Academicals RFC
Owen Roe's GFC
Plumbridge
Pomeroy
Rock
Seskinore
Stewartstown
Strabane
Tattyreagh
Trillick
Urney GFC

I think that other clubs in Ireland can now apply for Defibrillators. To my knowledge, they have also been donated to communities that do not have GAA clubs.
Testing Accessibility

imtommygunn

It just shows you when you see what happened the Leicester fella how valuable these things actually are.

parttimeexile

Ziggy do you know who I could put my club Gortin in contact with to get an AED as I see they do not seem to be on the list.

thebandit

I'm ashamed to say my club hasn't got one - this is in spite of having an Under 10 player with a heart condition.....

ziggysego

Quote from: parttimeexile on August 30, 2007, 08:26:13 AM
Ziggy do you know who I could put my club Gortin in contact with to get an AED as I see they do not seem to be on the list.

I'll look into it, but you can check the Cormac Trust website. www.thecormactrust.com
Testing Accessibility

5 Sams

All clubs in Down have been given the option to buy one....no sign of them yet though.
The Aristocrat Years

Denn Forever

Is this an Ulster thing after Cormac's death.  Do Leinster, Munster or Connaught have any initiatives (Noun) to get defibrillators.
means what he says...

ziggysego

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 30, 2007, 11:54:17 AM
Is this an Ulster thing after Cormac's death.  Do Leinster, Munster or Connaught have any initiatives (Noun) to get defibrillators.

A Tyrone thing. The Cormac Trust is a charity set up after his death.
Testing Accessibility