Fantasy World Cup Rugby

Started by ONeill, August 28, 2007, 11:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2007, 10:59:32 PM
I am. Who's he and what's his surname?

He's a trolly dolly. Surname's Finton. If he working, just say you know me from football and he'll get the drinks in.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on September 19, 2007, 11:03:46 PM
"Here, Mike. Do you know Ziggysego?"
*Looks at me*
"We need to move this nutter to the front of the plane".

Good point, you don't know my name  :D

Ah well...

I'm off to bed now. Night and enjoy your trip.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

For fcuk sake lads are you both determined to turn as many threads as possible into a chat-room duologue.

Fcukin nazis.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

It's a ploy ONeill to try and get the mods to install a chatroom ;)
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2007, 10:06:55 PM
The big 2 continue to set the pace and although we're only half way through the tournament, it'd be a relatively short priced winner now in Hoof Hearted or the All Cacks.

All Cacks - 221 - edged ahead recently even though his Contepomi gamble didn't pay the dividends he'd hoped. Latham, Heymans, Giteau and Collins kept his tally ticking over. Cacks has kept faith with Contepomi when they take on Namibia. Hot on his heels is Hoof Hearted - 216 - the top try scorer in the league. This is despite his amnesia moment when he failed to replace the displaced Carter. Those kicking points probably cost him the lead. Carter should regain his position v Scotland though. Hoof managed to keep in touch though through tries from Collins, Chabal, Rokocoko and Mortlock. Hanging on to their coat-tails is The Scrummies on 199. He has recently made a bold move with the introduction of kicker Jones of Wales. Bold man on the verge of naughty. Maigheo makes up the big 4 on 193. Rokocoko scored highly for the Westerner and he has also gambled on Carter for the game against Scotland.

Those top 4 seem to have created their own mini-league with the second tier up leadership for grabs. Only 9 points separates Screen Exile (169),  Doyler (168), The Intimidators (165), Fermanagh (160) and Hard Station (160). Screen has gone with Kiwi Williams as kicker - a massive gamble. Doyler has the reliable Carter on the teamsheet and will be hoping to replace Hickie for Friday's game. Impressively, The Intimidators has yet to make a change to his original team, with high scores from Habana, Giteau and Rokocoko keeping him in a respectable position. Is he still alive though? Fermanagh is hanging in there with some unique scoring successes in Jack and du Preez. Hard Station is a bit of a chopper and changer but with plenty of joy in his top scorer Elsom and a clever pick in try-scorer Elissalde of France. He'll have 5 togging out in Friday night's match as it stands.

The also-rans are spear-headed by my good self on 146. Tragically I kept faith with O'Gara for the second week and he done me up a kipper again. My hands were tied this week and have him again v France. On 134 comes the Up and Unders with no substitutions used as of yet. Same with Dinny on 132. We can only think the cute Lily hoor has something up his sleeve. Shortso (103) and Blood n guts (77) seem to be playing for pride at this stage with Kelleher crippling the latter.   

Most will be hoping to keep around 8-10 transfers handy for the knock-out phase.

A couple of movers last night after the Scotland game. Fermanagh moved up to 168 and into 6th. With 2 Welsh players tonight he may gain more ground. Shortso showed there's life in the old dog yet, gaining 15 points, up to 118. Blood n Guts was not to be outdone - up to 80 pts.

ONeill

Hoof Hearted   236
The Scrummies   233
All Cacks   230
MAIGHEO   220
Fermanagh Harlequinns   205
Doylers Destroyers   189
The Hard Stations   188
The Intimidators    186
O'Neill   178
Screen's Exiles   177
The Up & Unders   146
Cill Dara RFC      137
Shortso On Tour   122
blood n guts   99

Homer

All Cacks                        329
Hoof Hearted                  306
The Scrummies               290
MAIGHEO                      287
The Hard Stations           245
O'Neill                            243
The Intimidators              233
Fermanagh Harlequinns   233
Doylers Destroyers           222
Screen's Exiles                211
Cill Dara RFC                 175
The Up & Unders            169
Shortso On Tour             157
blood n guts                   132

Just thought I'd update this :P.... well while it lasts.

screenexile

Had a shite week! It's really hard to predict who's going to play from week to week. Roll on the Quarters where all matches are important!

Hoof Hearted

Was goin to post earlier aswell Homer. Do you realise that our wee battle aside, you are in position 215 out of 10,000+ with a trip to Oz for the winner !! BTW the S McErlean in 3rd place is me! I entered a team from my wifes computer too just for the craic so now im juggling 2 teams every week! was thinking of just concentrating on one and try to reel you in !
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Homer

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 24, 2007, 12:43:12 PM
Was goin to post earlier aswell Homer. Do you realise that our wee battle aside, you are in position 215 out of 10,000+ with a trip to Oz for the winner !! BTW the S McErlean in 3rd place is me! I entered a team from my wifes computer too just for the craic so now im juggling 2 teams every week! was thinking of just concentrating on one and try to reel you in !

Hadn't realised that at all Hoof,  :) but I wouldn't be getting carried away with it, especially since I've limited substitutions left and it's early days. Although I also see I'm now on the Overall round 2 leaderboard (albeit  #125) so a bit chuffed to see the Cacks up there.

Hoof Hearted

I was leading on Sat afternoon, but by yesterday you had overtaken me.I thought because i had 8 playin yesterday i was in a good position only to discover that your 4 aussies were the same as mine plus ali williams + richie mccaw :-\
i was relying on carter + sivivatu to edge me ahead but carter kicked poor and sivivatu dropped everything. Howlett scoring 2 didn't help either. where did you pull them argies out of - good move.

Homer

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on September 24, 2007, 02:01:40 PM
I was leading on Sat afternoon, but by yesterday you had overtaken me.I thought because i had 8 playin yesterday i was in a good position only to discover that your 4 aussies were the same as mine plus ali williams + richie mccaw :-\
i was relying on carter + sivivatu to edge me ahead but carter kicked poor and sivivatu dropped everything. Howlett scoring 2 didn't help either. where did you pull them argies out of - good move.

Decided to go with a few puma lads due to the poor opposition in Namibia but somehow left Borges in there, without realising he wasn't even on the panel for the match  ::). Carters kicking was poor yesterday alright but he did make up for it by grabbing the last try. I'd imagine with your extra transfer in hand you will have things neck and neck in no time.

Watch out for the quiet one Maigheo sneaking in. Also although Hardstation is not so quiet  ;) but he has plenty of changes to call on yet.

Hoof Hearted

i dont know 23 points is a lot to claw back, esp as you have most of my main men too - could you not transfer a few aussies for a few irish :D
i noticed maigh eo sneaking up.
i think my mistake to have no kicker in week 2 could come back to haunt me! and last thurs i had martyn williams in and changed him to charvis at the last minute :-\
good craic all the same, gives a bit of interest to make up for the irish performances

ONeill

Quote from: Homer on September 24, 2007, 12:28:43 PM
All Cacks                        329
Hoof Hearted                  306
The Scrummies               290
MAIGHEO                      287
The Hard Stations           245
O'Neill                            243
The Intimidators              233
Fermanagh Harlequinns   233
Doylers Destroyers           222
Screen's Exiles                211
Cill Dara RFC                 175
The Up & Unders            169
Shortso On Tour             157
blood n guts                   132

Just thought I'd update this :P.... well while it lasts.

Was gonna say I can't see All Cacks being caught but I see Hoof has Johnny tonight. Great battle at the top between these two.

ONeill

All Cacks   329
Hoof Hearted   321