Fantasy World Cup Rugby

Started by ONeill, August 28, 2007, 11:43:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoof Hearted

whens the deadline for transfers ? is it just before kick-off on Sat night (8.00pm) ?
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

mayo51

good start for me with lewsey scoring a try but unfortunatly he is now gone off injured and probably will not play next weekend

Balboa

I did England + 9 pts, so perfect result for me is them getting beat by 8 or less !

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on October 13, 2007, 08:58:52 PM
Quote from: Balboa on October 13, 2007, 08:57:01 PM
I did England + 9 pts, so perfect result for me is them getting beat by 8 or less !
:D
Good man Balboa and I hope you win a few quid but you have the wrong thread.

I know, i just noticed after i posted it, hope i dont get a 24 hr ban

ONeill

You're forgetting the 3rd/4th place play-off....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Fermanagh are in good shape to make a spurt into the top 3. He has today's try scorer already and plenty of transfers left which could be useful if the 3/4 place game is a chance for fringe players to play.

As for the top 2:

All Cacks (+14)

SA
V Matfield         
B Botha   
B Habana   
P Montgomery   

Arg
P Albacete      
F Contepomi      
L Borges   

MAIGHEO

SA
B Skinstad
J Fourie   
P Montgomery   
B Habana

Arg
JM Fernandez Lobbe
F Contepomi

ONeill

Homer home?

All Cacks   490
MAIGHEO       472
Hoof Hearted   461

2 games left.

Hoof Hearted

Yes Homer home and dry and deserved too. been in the top 2 since week 1 - very consistant.i knew not getting habana back in to my team would be costly.....
but it's been a world cup of shocks so far so a hat-trick apiece from burger, butch james and whichever brit i put in with my remaining transfer in this weeks final will swing it dramatically in my favour !!
so in other words homer - congratulations

ONeill

First blood to Cacks(or the final nail for the rest). France ring the changes for the game v Argentina yet the two players whose absence may have put the cat amongst the pigeons are named as starters, Ellissalde and Ibanez.

The 3rd place play off.

Starting For France:

Cacks -  Ellissalde and Ibanez
Maigheo -   Ibanez
Hoof - Ibanez and Elissaide

Subs:

Cacks - Chabal and Clerc
Maigheo - Chabal and Clerc
Hoof - Chabal

In fact, looking at that, I'm writing shite. Cacks had all options covered.

For the Pumas, with the team yet to be named, our triumvirate are waiting on:

Cacks - Albacete, Contepomi and Borges
Maigheo - Lobbe and Contepomi
Hoof - Ledesma and Hernandez.

Doubts over fitness = Ledesma

Just noticed Hoof has 1 transfer left.

Homer

Have to say I'm quite surprised that Hoof failed to make all his substitutions before the semi-finals, although it does give him a chance to have an extra guaranteed starter (presumably for the final) he does however miss out on the chance to have another player involved in two games.

Mayo51 has also hit some bad luck this week with his sole English man and semi-final try scorer Lewsey being declared injured and out for the finale.

Hoof Hearted

thats what it was Homer, to guarantee a starter cause i knew there always a chance of england winning and whoever i picked from argentina would likely miss out out on 3/4 place play-off as teams usually give squad members a run out if they havent already.
competition is as good as over now anyway and a few managerial mistakes cost me big time but sure im not sacked or anything so the wages will still be in the bank this week.
will try and reel tom in for runner up is the best i can hope for !

ONeill

(presumably for the final)

Homer playing his final cute hoor card here. Finals are notoriously low-scoring whereas 3rd place games can be exhibition. If I was Hoof I'd be plumping her on that game, some French 4-try scoring winger. Then again, I'm in 7th....

Hoof Hearted

you can read me like a book o'neill - i should of had you as my No.2 and a joint effort might of beat old yellow face !!

Homer

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2007, 09:08:24 AM
(presumably for the final)

Homer playing his final cute hoor card here. Finals are notoriously low-scoring whereas 3rd place games can be exhibition. If I was Hoof I'd be plumping her on that game, some French 4-try scoring winger. Then again, I'm in 7th....

Libellous allegations there ONeill  ;)

Hoof Hearted

well lads, with the real teams now named our teams now look like this :

All Cacks (10 players)

Montgomery
Habana
Matfield
Botha
Contepomi
Albacete
Chabal
Ibanez
Ellisalde
Clerc

Maigh Eo (8 players)

Montgomery
Habana
Fourie
Contepomi
Fernandez Lobbe
Chabal
Ibanez
Clerc

Hoof Hearted (9 players)

Montgomery
Burger
Matfield
James
Hernandez
Chabal
Ibanez
Ellisalde
Dominici

The bold type are the players who we need to be outstanding above everybody else as they are unique to our teams.
Homer still favourite : BUT

as was mentioned a couple of weeks ago, the intimidators (approx 100 points off the lead) have all transfers left, so in theory he could have 15 unique players playing this weekend, which would give him some chance !