Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

beat france and we will go through otherwise out.

Main Street

Thank feck there is some decent sport on tomorrow.

So drawing a line, this is worse than the Soccer boys against San Marino.

Those whistlers from the North should be kept away from TV post match interviews
Eddie how would you exhssssplain that preformancssssse?
What repairsssss do you have to make now?

we are blue... etc

Quote from: bcarrier on September 15, 2007, 10:11:03 PM
beat france and we will go through otherwise out.
If we can't counteract Georgia playing tight and putting us under pressure what hope do we have against France? We just aren't playing well and that's not going to change by next Friday. Eddie is a great man for logic etc. and it's fair enough saying we just have to improve, but logically how is that improvement going to happen?

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on September 15, 2007, 10:14:56 PM
So drawing a line, this is worse than the Soccer boys against San Marino.

I don't think it was as bad as San Marino. Georgia looked quite tasty in places, and at least the rugger buggers had the good grace to look embarrassed at the final whistle rather than lepping around like mad things

Main Street

Embarrassed because they were very lucky after being outplayed by a second string Georgian team who came within inches of winning.
You´d have to admit the margins are thin between that and the Soccer lads.

deiseach

Quote from: we are blue... etc on September 15, 2007, 10:21:08 PM
Eddie is a great man for logic etc. and it's fair enough saying we just have to improve, but logically how is that improvement going to happen?

Indeed. Eddie's big into statements like "I take full responsibility", as if saying that makes everything okay.

deiseach

Quote from: Main Street on September 15, 2007, 10:31:31 PM
Embarrassed because they were very lucky after being outplayed by a second string Georgian team who came within inches of winning.
You´d have to admit the margins are thin between that and the Soccer lads.

Can't argue with any of that.

bcarrier

TV3 Irish wildcards

Glennon - Reddan ( with stringer on bench)
Costelloe - Quinlan
Henderson - Carney

Dinny is defintely watching setanta  .

Flannery will come in for Rory Best. I think EOS will drop stringer and replace with Boss- the ultimate wrong move IMO...I am really in anybody but boss camp. Anyway there always has to be one "Ulster" representative.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: bcarrier on September 15, 2007, 10:37:18 PM
TV3 Irish wildcards

Costelloe - Quinlan
Henderson - Carney

Flannery will come in for Rory Best. I think EOS will drop stringer and replace with Boss- the ultimate wrong move IMO...I am really in anybody but boss camp. Anyway there always has to be one "Ulster" representative.

The token Nordie question is an easy one IYAM cos Neil Best is far better than Simon Easterby. Boss was dodgy alright but I thought Stringer was VERY poor in the speed and quality of his passing. Seems like it takes 5 minutes for ball to clear the ruck and another 5 to get the pass out wide..

Dinny Breen

QuoteTV3 Irish wildcards

Costelloe - Quinlan
Henderson - Carney

Ha! Herself had the good manners to take the remote control off me at full-time, if I had heard those comments I would put my boot through the TV.

Georgia deserved the win and I was hoping they would do it, as WAB as mentioned something is definitely wrong, most normal managers would respond with changes 4-year Eddie won't. However I'm going to Paris and by the time I get there I'll be thinking we'll have a great chance.....

Will comment on the match Monday when I have calmed down...

Oh and according to Gerry Thornley who knows a little bit more than some soccer commentator from the BBC, Georgia have 3000 players with 90 playing professionally...
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Now that the banana skins are out of the way, we will beat France. I know it isn't logical at the moment but I just feel it in the bones. We will win on Friday as that is the game this team have been waiting for since February.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I think we're hoping Ireland simply couldn't get the France and Argentina matches out of their heads and that was the reason for the poor fare we've witnessed til now. Ireland have looked remarkably heavy-legged, lethargic and static although it could be fair to say that all of the 6-nations have so far. In Ireland's case it looks like the players think they're better than what they are and are not putting in the work to get there.

Putting all our eggs into the one basket is the road to disaster. France will tear into us next Friday, however I expect the Irish backs to see much more of the ball given the opposition.

If the World Cup had been 12 months ago.....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

deiseach

I guarantee that if this man pulled on an XXXL France jersey next week, he'd still be c**k sure of giving the Irish a right trouncing. France simply don't fear Ireland, and there is no way they'll blow it against us.

thejuice

Georgia must be dissapointed not to have won this game. I was actually finding myself almost hoping they would. Ireland will lose to France and Argentina, dont even think for a second that they'll win. Your kidding yourself. Just because Ireland are playing France do you think ROG will suddenly be able to find touch?? Or that Stringer will suddenly start giving catchable balls. This team is a mess. France and Argentina have got a clear idea of how to beat the Irish from the last 2 games and perhaps over the last 2 years. Stay of execution is all we got from tonight. It is coming home to roost on people who thought that ireland could possibly win a World Cup based on a few test games last Autumn. This is the same Irish team who failed in Croke park against France and against Italy in Rome. They should have been labelled chokers instead of the Dubs. But instead people decided to look at things with rose tinted glasses. The glass maybe half full for you but you'll that it is very shallow.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

muppet

QuoteThe glass maybe half full for you but you'll that it is very shallow.
::) ::)
MWWSI 2017