Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thewobbler

Whatever problems Ireland may have, and no matter what you think of our coach, take solace in that at least we're not going into our biggest match of the groups stages with Andy Farrell at fly-half. Ashton has lost his marbles.

screenexile

Farrell at Fly Half?? You must be having a laugh Wobbler!

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhatever problems Ireland may have, and no matter what you think of our coach, take solace in that at least we're not going into our biggest match of the groups stages with Andy Farrell at fly-half. Ashton has lost his marbles.

Tempted to laugh but I can see the logic in that SA are very physical and look to attack the 10 at every opportunity, Farrel obviously has great defence and his distribution skills might be better suited to 10 than 12.

They've nothing to lose at this stage...
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Nah he's not fly half wobbler he's just taking over the kicking duties. Mike Catt's in there.

In fairness I think Farrell has a good track record with kicking in league so not  that big a gamble I wouldn't have thought.

anportmorforjfc

AZOffaly

That was a poor game last night, the bits I saw. It was like Ireland v Namibia for handling errors, except both teams played like Ireland. The Scots must be amazed at how poor Italy look.

Gnevin

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 13, 2007, 09:02:50 AM
That was a poor game last night, the bits I saw. It was like Ireland v Namibia for handling errors, except both teams played like Ireland. The Scots must be amazed at how poor Italy look.
And expect Ireland got the bonus point too, Italy are in trouble .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Uladh

Surely its obvious that farrell named at 10 is a complete bluff and that catt will actually play there? i haven't heard one commentator in the british press suggest this. Can't see the old colonials falling for that one.

why is it that neither tv3 nor itv aren't providing highlights programs during the week? tv3 in particular, who are showing fcuk all games, could at least throw up a half hour highlights program. was looking forward to seeing the argie game yesterday evening but it couldn't be found.

It is encouraging that the "weaker" countries are closing the gap on the established rugby nations. i appreciate that for example the namibian team were mostly s african provincial players but these nations need to progress somehow and they seem to be improving slowly.

mackers

Uladh, I think tv3 are only contracted to cover a few games(mostly the Irish games), so their hands are tied I'd say.  Setanta had been advertising the fact that they were showing ALL the matches, didn't check to see whether last night's matches were on though.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

AZOffaly

The games were on Setanta last night. I watched a bit of the Italy/Romania game.

amallon

During the Japan Fiji game last night did I see an Irish streaker?  He had a tri colour but it was hard to tell if it was the Irish one or the Italian one. 
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

ludermor

Quote from: ludermor on September 11, 2007, 07:27:10 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 08, 2007, 01:06:39 PM
Finally got UTV by adding channels to my Sky Box.

This is going to be a hammering.  38-0 and only 19 minutes gone...

how do get utv on sky?

anyone?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: ludermor on September 13, 2007, 08:12:17 PM
Quote from: ludermor on September 11, 2007, 07:27:10 PM
Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 08, 2007, 01:06:39 PM
Finally got UTV by adding channels to my Sky Box.

This is going to be a hammering.  38-0 and only 19 minutes gone...

how do get utv on sky?

anyone?

On your Sky remote, go to Services->System Setup->Add Channels
In the Frequnecy box, enter 10906
In the Polarisation box, select V
In the Symbol Rate box, select 22
In the FEC box, select 5/6
Select "Find Channels"
Scroll down to each one of interest and press the yellow button to select them
When you are done press the "Select" button
Those channels are now available in Services->Other Channels

Tankie

England should have their asses handed to them tonight ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

tyroneboi

Quote from: Tankie on September 14, 2007, 05:44:27 PM
England should have their asses handed to them tonight ;D

Can see them getting absolutely tanked. stanjames have South Africa -16 at evens - like buying money i would imagine.