Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: clarshack on September 08, 2007, 01:17:44 AM
Quote from: muppet on September 08, 2007, 01:12:39 AM
It is not often we lose two big games in a row and it is do or die now for the Frogs.

wee bit racist there?

Good grief  ::)
MWWSI 2017

hoopsaaa

Mee thinks we will be world champs. No shit 8)

CiKe

we may go through, we may not, I said a long time ago that I didn't think we would and that expectations back home were ridiculously misplaced. However if we ae fortunate enough to get through and avoid the All Blacks, chances are we'll be playing Italy not Scotland...

Galwaybhoy

Lads TV3 coverage is a disgrace, they aren't showing one match at all today ffs.  I dont have Setanta either, could someone tell me is UTV on the Sky Box, I thought it was but cant find it...

MayoMan

UTV are showing all the games today.....

MayoMan

All Blacks are hammering the italians
14-0
8 mins gone

SuperSub

Quote from: SuperSub on September 07, 2007, 07:48:56 PM
Why are the BBC,UTV and Sky referring to Ireland as one of the 4 Home nations?

Anyone got a answer?

Galwaybhoy

Finally got UTV by adding channels to my Sky Box.

This is going to be a hammering.  38-0 and only 19 minutes gone...

SuperSub

All Blacks 38
Italy         0

After 19mins of the first half..
I don't know much about rugby but do The All Blacks even have a full team out?
Whats the point of having games like this its ridiculous

MayoMan

From Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia
Home Nations (often written as the common noun home nations) is a term used to refer to the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom — England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland — collectively but as separate entities, distinct from the United Kingdom as a state.[citation needed]

The term is also used to refer to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (i.e. the whole island: both Northern Ireland and the Republic) together. However, Ireland is generally only included when referring to sporting events, mainly rugby union but sometimes other sports. Its usage is rare (especially outside the UK) and somewhat controversial in some quarters,[citation needed] although it is more common in sporting contexts.

Occasionally the term Home Countries is used.[1]

Bit Controversial........!!

SuperSub

Quote from: MayoMan on September 08, 2007, 01:21:05 PM

From Wikipedia Online Encyclopedia
Home Nations (often written as the common noun home nations) is a term used to refer to the four constituent countries of the United Kingdom — England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland — collectively but as separate entities, distinct from the United Kingdom as a state.[citation needed]

The term is also used to refer to England, Scotland, Wales and Ireland (i.e. the whole island: both Northern Ireland and the Republic) together. However, Ireland is generally only included when referring to sporting events, mainly rugby union but sometimes other sports. Its usage is rare (especially outside the UK) and somewhat controversial in some quarters,[citation needed] although it is more common in sporting contexts.

Occasionally the term Home Countries is used.[1]

Bit Controversial........!!

I don't like it. >:(
...Its like when your talking to a comapny in England and they say to you "over here on the mainland".....

MayoMan

Its a load of bolox alright, in saying that would they not be the first country to defend us in a war against any other country!! Fly in a few tornado's from the main land lads!! And make it snappy....

The Real Laoislad

England struggling against the US of A
You'll Never Walk Alone.

southdown

NewZealand were amazing.  I love watching that haka

Gnevin

England in major trouble and with the boks 6 days away!
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.