Rugby world cup

Started by anportmorforjfc, August 26, 2007, 11:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tankie

Quote from: Teeling Gael on September 11, 2007, 03:55:02 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 11, 2007, 03:40:44 PM
Quote from: Teeling Gael on September 11, 2007, 12:20:41 PM
Hardy -- Dont totally agree with your scenario of how we qualify !! If we draw with France , then we need to lose to Argentina by less than 7 and score 4 tries to be ahead of France. If we lose by 7 and not score 4 tries or vice versa then we are level and realistically Sunday put pay to our points difference ( particuliarily with France playing Georgia in their last match).

You're right, except the bonus point cut-off for a loss is 7 or less (i.e. less than 8, rather than less than 7). If Ireland draw with France and lose to Argentina by less than 8 it goes to points difference between Ireland and France for second place.

which realistically wont be us after Sunday.

Disappointed with that team though quite predictable. At the squad announcement , EOS had said he would make a better use of his squad but obviously with it been so apparent that the teams preparation is undercooked he had to try and get his first 15 sharp. Cant help morale in the camp with 8 guys now knowing they wouldn't see any action bar injury.

I don't think the EOS has any choice at this point other than play his best 15 all the way through, regardless of the points differnce in the rsult on Sunday the most glaring issue was the lack of match fittness that was shown in the players. if we are to get anywhere in this world cup we will need alot of luck with injury as we just gotta hope that this group of players close ranks and some old fashioned hard work and determination gets us out of the group. I still believe we will either top this group or go out, i don't think second place is an option anymore.

Lets all hope for a low score and lots of injuries tonight;)
Grand Slam Saturday!

MauriceMalpas

Quite frankly I agree with the team selection bar the best Best/Flannery choice. Rememeber boys its the beginning of the season and we need game time as Sunday's performance testifies to. There was no point making a handful of changes just to give guys a run out.  EOS knows the 15 he wants to play against the Argies & France and its pretty close to the 15 selected if not the actaul 15 barring injuries, first and foremost we need to win (I know, I know).

Flannery/Best- Best is a better scrummager & Flannery the better lineout thrower. The Argies and France have a better chance of dominating in the scrum if we start Flannery.

ONeill

All Blacks change 11 for Portugal

New Zealand coach Graham Henry has made 11 changes for their second World Cup Pool C match against Portugal in Lyon on Saturday.

Jerry Collins, Ali Williams, Chris Jack, and Mils Muliaina, who moves from centre to full-back, are the only men left from the 76-14 win over Italy.

Andrew Hore, Greg Somerville and Neemia Tialata play front row with Nick Evans and Brendon Leonard at half-back.

Aaron Mauger and Conrad Smith will feature in the midfield.

Fiji-born Joe Rokocoko will play on one wing, while Isaia Toeava, normally a centre, starts on the other wing.

Hooker Keven Mealamu provides back-row cover, while Henry admitted that prop Carl Hayman could also provide cover for lock.

"We wanted to give every member of the squad a run during these first two pool matches and that's been the major consideration in naming this team," said Henry.

"We have also talked about raising our standards from week to week and that's the challenge for this Saturday. We want to find the mental strength to play better for longer than we did against Italy."

Of the 30-man squad, only locks Keith Robinson and Reuben Thorne were not considered for selection due to injury.

But Henry said they were both making good progress and should be available for selection when the All Blacks meet Scotland in Edinburgh on 23 September.

New Zealand: Mils Muliaina; Isaia Toeava, Conrad Smith, Aaron Mauger, Joe Rokocoko; Nick Evans, Brendon Leonard; Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, Greg Somerville, Chris Jack, Ali Williams, Jerry Collins (capt), Chris Masoe, Sione Lauaki.

Replacements: Anton Oliver, Tony Woodcock, Carl Hayman, Rodney So'oialo, Keven Mealamu, Andy Ellis, Leon MacDonald
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Tankie

they should play for the draw now :D
Grand Slam Saturday!

ONeill

All Cacks Cont. on the score burd.

ludermor

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on September 08, 2007, 01:06:39 PM
Finally got UTV by adding channels to my Sky Box.

This is going to be a hammering.  38-0 and only 19 minutes gone...

how do get utv on sky?

ONeill

Quote from: hardstation on September 11, 2007, 07:24:13 PM
Yis wee cnuts. I missed the feckin boat there.

I f**king warned you.

ONeill

There's an Argie with the togs torn clane aff him. Tough nuts these Georgians. Great plaster mouldings though.

Shamrock Shore

That's a bruising encounter to be sure. Georgians going all out and they could snake a win here.

ONeill

Half-Time entertainment:

Noun: Georgian(s)
Adjective: Georgian
Ethnic groups:
Georgian 70.1%, Armenian 8.1%, Russian 6.3%, Azeri 5.7%, Ossetian 3%, Abkhaz 1.8%, other 5%
Religions:
Christian Orthodox 75% (Georgian Orthodox 65%, Russian Orthodox 10%), Muslim 11%, Armenian Apostolic 8%, unknown 6%
Languages:
Georgian 71% (official - the Kartvelian group of the Iberian - Caucasian language), Russian 9%, Armenian 7%, Azeri 6%, other 7%

ONeill

Official holidays

1 January New Year's day
7 January Christmas Day
19 January Epiphany
3 March Mothers day
9 April Memorial day
15 Apri Easter
26 May Independence Day
24 August Constitution day
28 August Mariamoba (St. Maria day)
14 October Svetiskhovloba
17 October Independence day
23 November Giorgoba (St. George day)

Measures: Metric units
Currency GEL: Georgian Lari (1GEL = 100 tetri)

ONeill

Arable land: 9%
Permanent crops: 4%
Permanent pastures: 25%
Forests and woodland: 34%
Other: 28% (1993 est.)
Irrigated land: 4,000 sq km (1993 est.)
Natural hazards: earthquakes
Population: 5,019,538 (July 2000 est.)

ONeill

Game on. Please take yout seats. No smoking.

Homer

Took your advice alright ONeill and swapped for Conteponi, not just paying the dividends I'd hoped for, so far, but Ireland's cause comes first. Go Georgia!