Why Kerry MUST win on Sunday

Started by Mike Sheehy, August 22, 2007, 06:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: Uladh on August 23, 2007, 10:05:03 AM
Quote from: Tankie on August 23, 2007, 09:39:25 AM
i really don't see why you boys have such a problem with the Super Dubs. There is nothing wrong with being confident is there?

Nothing in the persona of this dublin team indicates confidence. Quite the opposite in fact.
Hardy, I've seen Graham Geraghty applauding Meath fans both before and after games this year.

It is funny when half the culchies slag us for being arrogant, and the other half slag us for being insecure!

But fook if we care. We love the Dubs, we appreciate the time and effort they've put in to get us to a semi-final and there is no harm whatsoever in the Dubs acknowledging their fans. We know the lads will give their all, and win-lose-or draw, we'll be back again next time.

catchandkick

Kerry team looks like it could be:

Murphy

O'Mahony
O'Sullivan
M O'Se

T O'Se
Griffin
Young

Scanlon
D O'Se

Galvin
Brosnan
D O'Sullivan

Cooper
Donaghy
Sheehan

Would rather if Griffin was midfield and someone like Mossy Lyons came in wing back with Killian Young going to the corner. management made a blunder in not giving Guiney a run during league and him leaving as a result. Very good player he was unlucky there were so many good backs around duringh Jacks regime. Ditto Mossy Lyons and Fitzmaurice. Sheehan is a fantastic kicker, sweetest striker of a placed ball I've seen in a while and extremely skilful, but I still wonder if he's short a yard of pace for inter county, especially at corner forward against someone like David Henry.

Anyway, Ciarrai Abu!

MauriceMalpas

Mossy was v unlucky yr after being taken off 20 min into the Cork game in Killarney. Any of 6 could have been taken off as Cork were dominating midfield but he seemed to, unfairly, get the blame. Hasnt had a decent run in championship since.

My Griffin at midfield suggestions are probably getting repetitive but would like him to start there.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteAnother stupid post, Sheehy get a life, and i'm glad with your culchie comment that Croke Park had the cop on to ban the King of the Culchie event from Croke Park. You feel you can throw out insults like that to people who are from outside Dublin. You must be some self hating Kerry man.

So are you from Mayo or Dublin Moose ? You said you were from Mayo in another thread...or are you an Uncle Tom culchie ?

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2007, 02:19:09 AM
QuoteArticle taken from Leinster express today :
With Laois fans heading to Croker on sunday they will be left in a conundrum as who to support in the senior game. In a bid to encourage people to cheer on Kerry heres our reasons why
1. Dublin are neither good winners or losers ( see leinster final V Laois) Could you imagine what they would be like if they won it.
2. Kerry fans are likely to be there on time. Dublin fans are more likely to cause a delay because Man Utd are playing Spurs on Sky Sports.
3. Kerry have given us great players like Maurice Fitz, Gooch, The O'Se's and Moynihan. Dublin have given us Paul Casey, Colin Moran, Magee brothers and Wayne Mccarthy.
4. Kerry think they have a divine right to win cause theyre good.Dublin think they have a divine right to win cause theyre Dublin
5. If youre nice to Dublin fans theyll probably come and visit you and drink all your cider cause of the motorway theyre only an hour away
6.Paul Caffreys 'look at me and me lovely family' pose at the end of every game. Laois were fined in 2003 for bringing kids onto the field.
7. Dublins love in with the Hill before every game, Its just sad really.Heres hoping that Kerry do what Mayo did last year.

Hey, thanks for the support Laois...hope we can do it for ye

How did you get your hands on the Leinster Express Mike? Do you live in Laois? Your not Billy Sheehan by any chance :D
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote6.Paul Caffreys 'look at me and me lovely family' pose at the end of every game. Laois were fined in 2003 for bringing kids onto the field.

Always pisses me off too.One rule for them a different one for the rest of us  ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHow did you get your hands on the Leinster Express Mike? Do you live in Laois? Your not Billy Sheehan by any chance

I have to be honest, I'm getting my best material from reservoirdubs these days  ;D

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2007, 09:02:25 PM
QuoteHow did you get your hands on the Leinster Express Mike? Do you live in Laois? Your not Billy Sheehan by any chance

I have to be honest, I'm getting my best material from reservoirdubs these days  ;D

No doubt there was uproar that a newspaper had the cheek to write something that wasn't in support of the Super Dubs ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteNo doubt there was uproar that a newspaper had the cheek to write something that wasn't in support of the Super Dubs

Lets just say that they HATE laois over there.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2007, 09:11:01 PM
QuoteNo doubt there was uproar that a newspaper had the cheek to write something that wasn't in support of the Super Dubs

Jeez that hurts :'( 

Have ya a link?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

we are blue... etc

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 23, 2007, 09:16:39 PM

Have ya a link?

Don't go there Laoislad it's brutal. They're all in love with one another and spend most of their time giving out about us culchies. Used to lurk there from time to time but it got too annoying. If I wanted to be annoyed by Dub fellas talking sh!te I'd go into any pub in Portlaoise or Portarlington.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: we are blue... etc on August 23, 2007, 09:28:11 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 23, 2007, 09:16:39 PM

Have ya a link?

Don't go there Laoislad it's brutal. They're all in love with one another and spend most of their time giving out about us culchies. Used to lurk there from time to time but it got too annoying. If I wanted to be annoyed by Dub fellas talking sh!te I'd go into any pub in Portlaoise or Portarlington.

Just read some of it we are blue.What a shower of knobs they really shouldn't take life so seriously ::)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Jell 0 Biafra

Tut tut, such  anti-dub bile from the Laois folk here.   

Now be honest, weren't you all happier before you won Leinster 4 years ago, and were misled into thinking it might happen again?

we are blue... etc

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 23, 2007, 09:58:52 PM
Tut tut, such  anti-dub bile from the Laois folk here.   

Now be honest, weren't you all happier before you won Leinster 4 years ago, and were misled into thinking it might happen again?
;D

I was happier actually. The burden of keeping Leinster afloat for the next 10 years is too much sometimes.

The Real Laoislad

They call gaaboard.com "The Gay Board" over on Reservoir Dubs
You'll Never Walk Alone.