ARMAGH arrests in Donegal drugs swoop

Started by Candyman, August 21, 2007, 11:45:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

From BBC:

NI arrests in Donegal drugs swoop 

Two men from NI have been arrested after they went to collect a container which held an estimated 500,000 euros worth of cannabis in County Donegal.
They 27 and 47-year-old from Armagh are being detained in Letterkenny Garda station.

Gardai seized 50kg of herbal cannabis at Falcarragh in the operation, which also involved customs officials and the PSNI, on Monday.

It is believed the drugs came in from Amsterdam through Dublin Airport.

They are thought to have been transported in a container of computer parts.

Two houses were searched as part of the operation, one in Falcarragh and the other in Armagh.

I bet Armagh4SamAgain is raging!!!  :D

stew

30 years hard labour is too good for these knackers. Armagh is full of tramps that sell drugs, there is one pool hall/slot machine dump up from the shambles that is rife with drug dealing and the filth know it and do nothing about it.

The pissni have some of these scumbags on their payroll, they use these tramps to get information and I long for the days where drug dealers would have been walking funny ..............or not walking at all.

I went to school with one man whose son is one of the worst drug dealers out there and if he were my son  I would break his legs and do whatever it took to stop him selling poison to youngsters.

In a case like this maybe marvin gaye's dad had a point.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Louis the Red

I heard it was a father and son lifted, anyone hear that?

Donagh

It's only a bit of weed ffs, less harm done there when set up against 50k fags or a pallet of Buckfast. Tell you what though, if they are paying half a million for 50 kilo of grass someone's getting ripped off. A more realistic figure would be £50k - £70k sterling even after it's been cut down.

Square Ball

Quote from: Donagh on August 21, 2007, 06:27:19 PM
It's only a bit of weed ffs, less harm done there when set up against 50k fags or a pallet of Buckfast. Tell you what though, if they are paying half a million for 50 kilo of grass someone's getting ripped off. A more realistic figure would be £50k - £70k sterling even after it's been cut down.

Donagh

you seem to be an authority on this, what do you get for a tenner?  :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

J70

Quote from: Donagh on August 21, 2007, 06:27:19 PM
It's only a bit of weed ffs, less harm done there when set up against 50k fags or a pallet of Buckfast.

Little harm except for the poor people living in places around the world like northern Mexico where towns and cities have been taken over by the drug cartels and the local police are moonlighting as hitmen and enforcers.

stew

There plenty of harm in it Donagh and there is a reason why it is illegal. Society is fecked over there at the minute, drug gangs are raking in money and destroying the fabric of Irish society whilst peddling misery upon the gobshites who partake of the stuff who then start to rob and harm innocent people because of their addiction.

Throw away the key on these Armagh knackers.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stephenite

Without condoning the distribution of illegal drugs, it's a fact that alcohol abuse causes more problems in Ireland than cannabis abuse.

Trying to draw a comparison from people smoking a bit of weed, and the junkies who suffer from "true" drug addiction is missing the point spectacularly

J70

Quote from: stephenite on August 22, 2007, 01:59:38 AM
Without condoning the distribution of illegal drugs, it's a fact that alcohol abuse causes more problems in Ireland than cannabis abuse.

Trying to draw a comparison from people smoking a bit of weed, and the junkies who suffer from "true" drug addiction is missing the point spectacularly

Whether its hard drugs or cannabis, there are still criminal networks all over the world profiting and terrorizing from its production and supply.

stephenite

No dount about that J70 - my point is that while cannabis has some real dangers (Schizo etc.) is it any worse than Alcohol which also has some dangerous side effects. I don't have figures to hand, but I'd be fairly certain that alcohol abuse is responsible for more people visiting emergency wards, people dying on our roads and probably the single biggest factor in the increase in anti-social behaviour. Not to mention the detrimental damage it does to families and children etc.

While Stew wants these people locked up for life, I'm just wondering should the drug alcohol not be treated in a similair manner to the drug cannabis?

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 21, 2007, 04:29:59 PM
Any news on who the culprits are yet?

I did see a house being raided on Monday night...Desart Lane region is all I'll say. It surprised me!

Donagh

J70, the report says the haul came from Amsterdam where the stuff is grown legally, not by cartels in Mexico or Columbia.

Wouldn't know about any of that Stew, most people I know grow their own.

el_cuervo_fc

Quote from: Louis the Red on August 21, 2007, 04:34:12 PM
I heard it was a father and son lifted, anyone hear that?

I heard something similar, but the ages given on the BBC don't match the names I heard

Spiritof98

they match the names I heard, grew up with the lad. Lotto money well spent  ;)
I'll go back if Marsdens back