NFL 2007-2008

Started by thejuice, August 20, 2007, 11:07:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

Quote from: Rossie11 on August 20, 2007, 11:19:37 AM

If LT succumbs to the Madden curse the Chargers are goosed.

I thought it was Shaun Alexander?? I heard LT turned down the cover of Madden 08 not wanting to tempt fate.

'08 is Vince Young.

Quote from: Gnevin on August 20, 2007, 11:21:08 AM
I know i said i though this was most boring sport ever but i'm starting to see the light thanks to NFL 07 on the xbox

Once you figure out the rules and the basic strategy thats involved, i think it makes people realise what a great sport it is. Madden on the Sega Megadrive was what got me hooked on NFL. Cant remember what one it was but it was the first one to have commentating, by that i mean John Madden would shout TouchDown!!! and Incomplete!! and That was a Zinger!! at the appropriate moment.

Micheal Vick is a complete tool. If your the highest paid player in the whole league, can you not find something legal to amuse yourself, Christ sake. his careers over, Matt Schuab come back please. I am a falcons fan, and in one off season ive totally lost hope for any kind of success in the next 10 years. we could be the new Detroit Lions.

Brady Quinn will get a fair bit of game time i think, because i can see him being thrust into it. especially in the later half of the season.

How about "Gods favourite team" the Dallas Cowboys, what you reckon. With Tony "the homo" Romo i think they can have an awesome season, just need something at RB to be really effective.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Balboa

I doubt Vick must have "Tyson Syndrome", plenty of bastards willing to spend his money for him, i can understand if you lived in Dungannon  ;) and were doing a bit of dogfighting but this man is a multi millionaire for christ sake. He was over rated anyway, a running back in a quarterbacks body.

thejuice

To be fair he could throw a ball through a brick wall, not that it would win you any games but he might have a future in the circus after he gets out of jail.

The only thing Vick ever successfully passed was herpes.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

hitzelsperger

will be interesting to see how Brady and Moss get on at the Pats.

Galwaybhoy

All right lads we are under way and already some big talking points.  Kevin Everett suffering a tragic injury and his career surely over, lets just hope that he will be able to walk again.  Also the Pats seem to be in the news at the moment and could lose their first draft pick for next season after the wholing spying on the other team.

Anyway results after week 1:

Saints 10
Colts 41

Cardinals 17
49'ers 20

Ravens 20
Bengals 27

Giants 35
Cowboys 45

Lions 36
Raiders 21

Bears 3
Chardgers 21

Buccaneers 6
Seahawks 20

Titans 13
Jaguars 10

Broncos 15
Bills 14

Steelers 34
Browns 7

Eagles 13
Packers 16

Dolphins 13
Redskins 16

Panthers 27
Rams 13

Patriots 38
Jets 14

Falcons 3
Vikings 24

Chiefs 3
Texans 20

Galwaybhoy

Week 2 Fixtures

Atlanta at Jacksonville    
Buffalo at Pittsburgh    
Cincinnati at Cleveland    
Green Bay at N.Y. Giants        
Houston at Carolina       
Indianapolis at Tennessee    
New Orleans at Tampa Bay        
San Francisco at St. Louis       
Dallas at Miami           
Minnesota at Detroit           
Seattle at Arizona          
Kansas City at Chicago          
N.Y. Jets at Baltimore       
Oakland at Denver          
San Diego at New England          
Monday, Sep. 17
Washington at Philadelphia

And my picks
Jacksonville
Pittsburgh
Cincinnati
N.Y. Giants
Carolina
Indianapolis
New Orleans
San Francisco
Dallas
Minnesota
Seattle
Chicago
Baltimore
Denver
San Diego
Philadelphia

Any opinions on this weeks games lads?

thejuice

A great week in the NFL has been overcast by the sad news of Kevin Everett.

I think anyone who plays football, it really brings you down to earth when you see these things happen. I love football and i always want to go out and hit hard and have fun, Stuff like this really makes you take stock of the commitments and the risks involved in playing football. I think of all the times i've had hard hits or got flipped or the helmet to helmet collisons which arent always avoidable, I just feel lucky to have my health. The injuries i have suffered still pain me to this day but compared to what Kevin Everett is going through I wont complain. Best wishes to a brother in the fellowship of gridiron players, and all sports men and women who play high contact sports who put their bodies on the line in the sports that they love. Pray for a speedy recovery, and i hope that kevin makes a full recovery.

thejuice

Some good games. Hard to argue with your picks galwaybhoy. Although I like the new look Detroit Lions and I think they can beat the Vikes at home in Ford Field. Pats against the chargers is going to be great. Hard to pick a winner, think i'll just sick back and watch it unfold. LT is fantastic, but i feel Rivers isnt a great QB. Brady and Moss are looking like a solid partnership and can strike deep. Both Defences were good in week 1. im not making a prediction.

Balboa

Did you get tickets for Wembley yet Juice?

thejuice

Quote from: Balboa on September 14, 2007, 11:04:46 PM

You bet i did, got them the other day. cant frickin' wait. Ill be cheering on the Giants

Balboa

Quote from: thejuice on September 14, 2007, 11:18:05 PM
Quote from: Balboa on September 14, 2007, 11:04:46 PM

You bet i did, got them the other day. cant frickin' wait. Ill be cheering on the Giants
Take it you have accomodation/flights sorted?

thejuice

I live in UK near Coventry, me and my cousins are going, dont know if we're staying in London and whether ill take Monday off. We'll be sorting that out soon

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: thejuice on September 14, 2007, 10:43:32 PM
A great week in the NFL has been overcast by the sad news of Kevin Everett.

I think anyone who plays football, it really brings you down to earth when you see these things happen. I love football and i always want to go out and hit hard and have fun, Stuff like this really makes you take stock of the commitments and the risks involved in playing football. I think of all the times i've had hard hits or got flipped or the helmet to helmet collisons which arent always avoidable, I just feel lucky to have my health. The injuries i have suffered still pain me to this day but compared to what Kevin Everett is going through I wont complain. Best wishes to a brother in the fellowship of gridiron players, and all sports men and women who play high contact sports who put their bodies on the line in the sports that they love. Pray for a speedy recovery, and i hope that kevin makes a full recovery.

Juice, where do you play and how long?

Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

thejuice

IVe played in the IAFL and BCAFL, for 5 years. i know that doesnt make me a vetern but i didnt exagerate in anything that i've said. Going to go back playing hopefully with the Coventry Jets next season who depending on tomorrows Britbowl may be defending champs.