CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWe still provided the most teams in the quarters this year and a seperate team who won the league! Wouldnt it be great if Cork won the final, it would ruin the 34 all ireland wins for the Kerry men! Cork are the only team who can take the shine of all those victories by beating them in the 1st all munster final. If Cork win I wreckon they should give up the football totally like Kilkenny so there can be no comebacks for Kerry.

God..there is no sating your appetite today is there..
..go on so, here are some more

magickingdom

how long will it be before morgan is on the telly/airways/papers moaning about dirty kerry and cork needing protection. he'll put so much pressure on the ref that we could get another performance like today. cant say i'm looking forward to this final, even a blind squirrel finds the odd nut and cork are due a victory against us...

clarshack

i've more time for billy morgan than any kerry man. would love to see the kerry faces if cork beat em. wore a tyrone jersey in killarney last year and i might as well have been wearing a celtic jersey on the shankill. had no such problems when in cork.

johnpower

Quote from: clarshack on August 26, 2007, 11:00:20 PM
i've more time for billy morgan than any kerry man. would love to see the kerry faces if cork beat em. wore a tyrone jersey in killarney last year and i might as well have been wearing a celtic jersey on the shankill. had no such problems when in cork.

Why were people nasty to you . Have you been on the Shankill with a celtic shirts.?

Mike Sheehy

Quotei've more time for billy morgan than any kerry man. would love to see the kerry faces if cork beat em. wore a tyrone jersey in killarney last year and i might as well have been wearing a celtic jersey on the shankill. had no such problems when in cork

Well, I'd like to say I was in Omagh and how I have no time for them etc, etc but, sure, who'd want to visit Tyrone !!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 26, 2007, 11:43:28 PM
Quotei've more time for billy morgan than any kerry man. would love to see the kerry faces if cork beat em. wore a tyrone jersey in killarney last year and i might as well have been wearing a celtic jersey on the shankill. had no such problems when in cork

Well, I'd like to say I was in Omagh and how I have no time for them etc, etc but, sure, who'd want to visit Tyrone !!

This man. He's been in Omagh a lot  ;)

Mike Sheehy

He's probably ye're biggest tourist attraction at this stage..

"Meet Kieran Donaghy..the closest Tyrone have been to an AI semi in two years "

Over the Bar

-Should be a great hard hitting game.   Hopefully the ref doenst get conned if Kerry resort to the underhand tactics and is strong enough to send men off when they deserve to go.

Hardy

Footballer of the year - Declan O'Sullivan, barring a nightmare in the final. Young player of the year perhaps between O'Rourke, Reidy and Young (who of course has an unfair advantage).

Billys Boots

You'd have to throw Canty into the mix there, Hardy (much as both of us would like not to) for Player of the Year, and Tomás O'Sé has been outstanding too recently.  I think young Tierney of Laois must be a runner for the young player too, though I don't disagree with any of your choices either.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

orangeman

I just hope it's a good game and I thiink it will be - looking forward to it already.

neutral

It will be a nightmare to lose a provincial all Ireland final for one of these teams.  Perhaps Pat O Se or Billy Moragn could get some Armagh fans down before the big day to talk of their own experiences and how gutt wrenching it is to lose an All Ireland  to your nearest and dearest. Could make all the difference.  Good luck to bot teams though, they have ceratinly been amongst the best in Ireland this year.

timmykelleher

Magickkingdom,
You say: "We will get another performance like today"
Do you really think Bannon was too strict on ye?

He gave out a lot of yellow cards but most of them were deserved I felt.
They were mostly for dragging players back and the players on yellow cards seemed to continue this.
To me he would have been well within his rights to issue second yellows to one or 2 but seemed to be trying to walk the line between keeping a lid on the scuffles and not ruining the contest by sending anyone off.

Other than that he moved one ball forward for dissent. This after Kerry players confronted/ shouldered most Dublin players who were awarded frees throughout the match.

What mistakes did you think he made?
I'll admit I was biased in favour of the Dubs today.
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

timmykelleher

Declan O'Sullivan was just Magic today.
His goal was class as were some of his points.

The 2 he missed were good efforts as well.

He'd be favourite for player of the year alright.
Hopefully he won't copperfasten it in the final!
Corcaigh - McGrath cup champions - 2009

john mcgill

There is no Cork football team.

There is a West Cork Football team, and what the f**k is West Cork man only a Kerry man with shoes.