CORK V KERRY MUNSTER ALL IRELAND SENIOR FINAL

Started by never kickt a ball, August 20, 2007, 02:05:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How many Board Posters were actually at the All Ireland Final?

Yes
34 (40.5%)
No
50 (59.5%)

Total Members Voted: 84

heineken_on_tap

Quote from: orangeman on August 22, 2007, 11:40:31 AM
Crowe did the sensible thing - the game is over and it should be over when it's over !

Bullshit - time to stamp this crap out of the game completely - If I walk down the street tomorrow and some lad punches me, I bring him to court. But if it happens on a football pitch and the ref doesn't see it, then everything is oxo. O'Leary should be suspended and miss the final. But after this summer such displays of thuggery from the likes of Geragrhty, O'Leary sends out a clear signal - the GAA haven't the balls to tackle this issue.

neutral

I agree - there can be no future or reward in Thuggery, Geraghty lived and died by the same rule book this year though. So at least we are consisitent - a punch aint so bad in Gaelic Football.  Its a yellow card offence. Orangeman this has opened up another can of worms who will referee this years ai final... It could well be your old friend. 

Hardy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 22, 2007, 11:09:23 AM
I repeat that I believe he had taken a belt before that incident, which was missed by all and sundry. 

Fear, I let this go the first time you said it. But you can have absolutely no basis for that assertion or is it just because it was GG that you assume he must have hit O'Leary first? As you say, nobody is making a song and dance about a bit of heat-of-the moment stuff and I don't think anybody in Meath, least of all Graham Geraghty would want O'Leary to miss the final for it. But it's taking advantage of that attitude to actually accuse Geraghty of starting it (as you have) or imply either that he started it or faked it (as Crowe's stance appears to do).

GG has taken his medicine anytime it's been dished out without whinging about it. It's not fair now to expect him to take the rap for something he didn't do (though it wouldn't be the first time for that either).

magpie seanie

QuoteTo be fair to Meath, they didn't make a song and dance of it

That's what you have to love about Meath. They do not whinge. It's the correct way to conduct yourself and an example of how to take defeat.

QuoteI repeat that I believe he had taken a belt before that incident, which was missed by all and sundry

Just read that back and you'll hopefully see how ridiculous it is.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Hardy, MS: O'Leary had a fresh, clearly visible, marble sized lump on the side of his head just above his right eye before the rumpus broke out, fact. I'm not accusing anyone here of doing anything, and neither am I excusing his punch on Geraghty, and I'm certainly not saying that because Geraghty might have been involved then benefit of any doubt shall be withheld for previous misdemeanours, perceived or otherwise.

But the fact remains he definitely took a belt, intentional or otherwise, and involving who it did (O'Leary) it's surely material to the facts of the matter. And that Geraghty made so little of it afterwards is to be commended, and doubtless contributed to the relative absence of pressure on Crowe in coming to his final decision.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tankie

Quote from: neutral on August 22, 2007, 01:01:12 PM
I agree - there can be no future or reward in Thuggery, Geraghty lived and died by the same rule book this year though. So at least we are consisitent - a punch aint so bad in Gaelic Football.  Its a yellow card offence. Orangeman this has opened up another can of worms who will referee this years ai final... It could well be your old friend. 

now theres bullshite, the kn**ker should be banned for two months!
Grand Slam Saturday!

magickingdom

Quote from: neutral on August 22, 2007, 09:47:27 AM
No offence to the 3 teams left but i find it difficult to get excited about any of them. 

could that be...... because your neutral?

never kickt a ball

Once this side show is out of the way and Kerry have dispensed with the Dubs the real debate will begin. Who is the best team in Munster/Ireland. Cork to walk it!

orangeman

If and I mean IF Kerry win today I think Cork will win the game - they SHOULD have won the Munster final - but this dream final may not come to pass. Later will reveal all.

never kickt a ball

Kerry struggle to beat Monaghan and now a poor Dublin side. Cork will love it!!!

Owenmoresider

A real yerra-fest lies ahead for the next few weeks. Won't be too much in it.

The Forfeit Point

after the all-uster final in '03 peopel were talking about total ulster dominance (which it in fairness it was IMO) does this now mean total munster dominace??? ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: The Forfeit Point on August 26, 2007, 06:46:12 PM
after the all-uster final in '03 peopel were talking about total ulster dominance (which it in fairness it was IMO) does this now mean total munster dominace??? ;)

Yes, for a year, just like ourselves in 2003!  ;)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tyrone Dreamer

We still provided the most teams in the quarters this year and a seperate team who won the league! Wouldnt it be great if Cork won the final, it would ruin the 34 all ireland wins for the Kerry men! Cork are the only team who can take the shine of all those victories by beating them in the 1st all munster final. If Cork win I wreckon they should give up the football totally like Kilkenny so there can be no comebacks for Kerry.

orangeman

Good luck to Cork and Kerry - hopefully we'll havea good final.