Do you know of a genuine fan not getting an AI ticket?

Started by Barney, August 18, 2007, 12:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 18, 2007, 02:35:50 PM
Quoteanyone wants to check this out stand outside gills at 3.30 on ai sunday and see for yourself

How do we know they are genuine fans?

not that it matters a whit but i knew a guy last year that did not get in. he would be a 'genuine' fan..

magickingdom

1 minute walk from the canal end of croke park, at the intersection of whatever road jones road runs into...

southderryman

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 18, 2007, 02:47:21 PM
Quotelast year our club gave 1st preference to anyone who attendended all 5matches before the all ireland and who had bought them off the club.

I think this system is balls to be honest. Last year, I added nearly all home and league games my Club was involved in. However when Tyrone was playing I sometimes wasn't able to make it due to work, and more pressingly due to the fact that I have a child (Now two!). I knew I couldn't peeve off every Sunday of the year, so I picked and choosed my Tyrone games aginst going to all Club games.

So who deserves a ticket.

Fan A: Goes to all 5 Championship games.
Fan B: Goes to nearly all Club games, and some Championship games.

Our club has a ticketing poilcy that rewards the Club man first. That's the way it should be.

why is this the way it should be??

first of, a genuine supporter goes to Mc kenna cup (or provincial equivalent) national league and championship games, Fan A who you are referring to is obviously a sunshine supporter/bandwagoner.

I know a fella who I see at every single derry game no matter where it is or what time of year, he doesnt follow a club due to a very unsavoury incident involving his father who was shockingly treated after years of service to his club.

does this mean he shouldnt get tickets should derry ever get to another all ireland final????? no it sure as hell shouldn't!!! he is very genuine and loyal supporter and shouldnt be discrimated against due to the behaviour of club officials many years ago.

in my opinion tickets stubs should be given at any intercounty game and a supporter should have to produce a certain amount of stubs before getting tickets for "big" games. its the only fair way to reward loyalty.

look at derry v dublin last week........we took 15000 to croke park.......only 750 bothered til turn up at clones for the armagh game.....had derry beaten dublin and kerry and progressed to a final no doubt the loyal 750 would have been stuck without a ticket while the people with the bigger bank balances got the tickets. typical GAA

johnpower

I think the club is first priority allthough the club I am involved in is out side my own county so the few tickets for the all ireland never get to me . If you have no clubs then you have no players .

Shamrock Shore

When Longford reach the AIF I can, without a shadow of a doubt, know I will get a ticket.

Possibly for the 300 years dead section.

TacadoirArdMhacha

To be honest I'd have little enough sympathy for anybody who doesn't get a ticket for a big match unless they're going to at least the home matches in the League.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Star Spangler

In my experience anyone who that wants a ticket bad enough will find a way of getting one.

Maguire01

Ok, so i have a couple of points here.

I'm not in any club, but would travel to the majority of Monaghan games. I don't live in Monaghan any more, so even a home game involves and hour and a half travel. This year i was at the first match of the year - v Fermanagahn in Irvinestown for the McKenna Cup. I was at other McKenna Cup and numerous league matches. I was at all of the Championship games. If Monaghan had gone on, i would not have had a chance of a ticket for a final.
There were very few club players (never mind other members) at the McKenna cup and League games. They may be big into their club, but surely if they're big fans of their county, they'll travel to games all year round, and not just when the sun is shining? If not, would it be a very bold assumption that they are fairweather supporters of their county (note that i did not say fairweather GAA supporters!)?
Basically, i'd be all in favour of some kind of season ticket system. In a county like Monaghan, i doubt you'd get more that 1,000-2,000 people would pay for a ticket for the whole league. Set up such a system and then these people get a guaranteed choice to buy tickets for all chamionship games. Is that not fair?

Secondly, ithink the whole distribution of tickets for the AI final is flawed. Why should tickets go to every club in the country? Tickets should be split between the counties involved. Anyone here have any issues with that?

Oh, and not to single anyone out, but using the fact that you have children as the reason you can't attend all games is pretty poor. Should people with children have to attend less games to be a true fan? Should people without children be discriminated against? It's irrelevant.

Maguire01

So, going back to my argument above, should all those Cork fans (i.e. the not very many of them) who were in Croker today not get Final tickets before the rest of the county?

Hound

Quote from: Barney on August 18, 2007, 12:22:13 PM
Denn, I don't think there are. I reckon everyone gets sorted in the end, but that's why i'm asking the question!
The only Dublin championship game I missed in the whole decade of the 90s, home or away, was the 1995 All Ireland Final. Lost out in the draw for tickets at my club. I was gutted that Canavan didnt put his toe under the ball at the end of that game to give me a replay!

I don't rely on the club anymore.

Without a shadow of a doubt its harder for genuine Dublin fans to get sorted for All Ireland finals than most other counties. Simple mathematics, more of us, but the same amount of tickets allocated.

ExiledGael

I believe that anyone who desperately wants a ticket will get one, barring Dublin.
There are plenty of ways of getting your hands on tickets, some people can't get them through their usual outlet then let rip at the GAA. Jesus look at the amount of tickets Fearon gets his grubby hands on!

orangeman

The number of GENUINE fans who won't get tickets will be very small.

marty88

I have missed only two of derrys county games this year home and away, league included.

I rang my club looking for a ticket for the Dublin game, I was told there wasnt a chance but I would be called back anyway. No call back.
"paddy bradley has got that killer instinct a forward wud commit murder for"- Mick O' Dwyer

Bacon

Real GAA men always get tickets. End of story. If you didn't get one you didn't deserve it.
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009