Your Car/Fantasy Purchase?

Started by Barney, August 15, 2007, 12:03:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 15, 2007, 02:01:40 PM
I presume Oakleafs X5 is diesel and BMW diesels are normally reliable enough, other than turbos on the 320d. Havent heard of much bother from the X5s, though like any other car you have to service it regularly. Stay away from petrol engined BMWs as they are a pretty soft engine. (Pity I couldnt take my own advice as I have just spent 6000 euro on my own engine)

ouch 5ivetimes , the porshe boxter is a nice softtop but someone told me that only a porshe garage can service it, is that true   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

The Real Laoislad

The VW Touareg are a fine jeep.
My mate has bought a Nissan Quasquai..Im not sure what to think of it.They are fairly plain inside
You'll Never Walk Alone.

lynchbhoy

Nissan Micra GTI 1.0 turbo injection, alloys, go faster stripes , spoiler, sports ash tray  and flourescent strip lights

yeahh baby :)

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: lynchbhoy on August 15, 2007, 02:24:35 PM
Nissan Micra GTI 1.0 turbo injection, alloys, go faster stripes , spoiler, sports ash tray  and flourescent strip lights

yeahh baby :)

And don't forget the Bass Booster in the boot! and the Exaust pipe that makes the sssshhhhhhh noise every time they change gear
You'll Never Walk Alone.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 15, 2007, 02:24:18 PM
My mate has bought a Nissan Quasquai..Im not sure what to think of it.They are fairly plain inside
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 15, 2007, 02:24:18 PM

i don't know what to think about them either laoislad, the great thing about them is that you can get a 1.5 diesel which is great for tax and it has around 100bhp
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Candyman

here it is Audi A5... £32,000 OTR 8)

oakleafgael

Deel Rover, 5ivetimes,

Its a derv alright. A great going machine when its going and to be honest it has never completly stopped but its the wee niggly things that have give bother. Indictaor and brake lights going every couple of months. A door handle fell off, £300 quid for a new one to boot!, the radio just give up one day fro no reason and came back on in the middle of the night and drained the battery. Brake pads only lasting 10,000 miles, and im not a fast driver. I just seem to have had no luck with it, the fella who services her is a bmw technician and he has advised to get rid as a few of them give these unexplained problems and then the brian gives up, apparently its rare enough but I have decided to trade her in asap as the wife drives it and im worried it will let her down in the middle of nowhere some day.

Its either going to be an Audi Q7 or a Range Rover. Any opinions on either 5ivetimes? Or I might just stick with the tried and tested landcruiser.

Gabriel_Hurl

FL/MAYO

Quote from: 5iveTimes on August 15, 2007, 07:08:05 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on August 15, 2007, 06:22:51 PM
Its either going to be an Audi Q7 or a Range Rover. Any opinions on either 5ivetimes? Or I might just stick with the tried and tested landcruiser.

I dont like the Land Cruiser that much, though most people rave about them. My Missus drives one and wouldnt part with it, unless I buy her a new jag XKR. The Q7 is fugly and you have to buy the S-Line to get a well specced one, so I would go for the Range Rover. I dont know an awful lot about them, but I has a Land Rover Discovery that has the same 2.7 diesel engine and it was a bit slow, apparently the newer ones are a lot quicker.

I would never call myself an expert on cars but putting a Range Rover ahead of a Toyota...don't Toyota and Honda make the most reliable cars going?

stew

I drive a Hyundai Sonata and it does me rightly, I paid $25.000 for it new three years ago and have put well over 110.000 mile on it but it looks and drives like new.

I have a kid that works with me who drives one o them H3 jobs, that is some yoke, i would like one of them please at around the 45.000 mark, mind you the wife's durango is some wagon as well.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

blast05

I haven't much of a clue about cars .... so much so that at the weekend i was at a christening and there was a guy at it who recently lashed out 90K on a 2006 Jag. I saw him getting into it after the church bit and when chatting to him over a few beers i asked him what the new car was (i genuinely didn't know at the time) - "is it a Hyundai" i asked  :-[  :-[

we are blue... etc

If money was no object you'd want at least 6 litres and 12 valves I'd think:

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: we are blue... etc on August 16, 2007, 12:13:48 AM
If money was no object you'd want at least 6 litres and 12 valves I'd think:

And more importantly a 07 LS number plate!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

J70

Something like a Toyota FJ Cruiser would do me nicely. In the US, you'd have enough left out of 60000 euro to get a nice new Mustang as well!