Meath Dirty Tricks

Started by Frank Casey, August 09, 2007, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Casey

From todays Evening Echo in Cork. Is this the start of a dirty tricks campaign? The conspiracy theorists in langerland are already at boiling point. It is strongly believed that the liquid in question is a distillation of jock sweat from a certain failed blue shirted general election canditate now sporting a green shirt again.

See www.eveningecho.ie

Boylan to come to Masters' aid

Morgan's greatest rival to help Cork

CORK football star James Masters could be back in action much earlier than anticipated with the help of former Meath boss Sean Boylan. Masters sustained a broken jaw during last Saturday's win over Sligo and it was feared that he could be out of the game
for at least three months. The Nemo man had the jaw operated on successfully yesterday and will still be out of action for some time including next Sunday week's All Ireland semi-final but he could figure again sooner rather than later. And that could well be down to the intervention of the Dunboyne herbalist who led Meath to four All Ireland titles and who was once the man who plotted on a regular basis to deny Cork in the late 80s and early 90s. He had the operation yesterday on the jaw and I'll be contacting him later
today. "We will keep our fingers crossed that he'll be back as soon as possible.'' Cork boss Billy Morgan told the Echo today that Boylan had been in touch with him when he heard of Masters' misfortune and offered to help in any way he could. "Sean contacted me to say that he would send down some stuff for James to take which might accelerate the healing process. "It is some sort of liquid that one takes after these type of injuries and I must say it was a very nice gesture from him. "I have told James about it and he is delighted with that news.
KERRY 3:7

Jinxy

Quote from: Frank Casey on August 09, 2007, 07:10:02 PM
From todays Evening Echo in Cork. Is this the start of a dirty tricks campaign? The conspiracy theorists in langerland are already at boiling point. It is strongly believed that the liquid in question is a distillation of jock sweat from a certain failed blue shirted general election canditate now sporting a green shirt again.

See www.eveningecho.ie

CORK football star James Masters could be back in action much earlier than anticipated with the help of former Meath boss Sean Boylan. Masters sustained a broken jaw during last Saturday's win over Sligo and it was feared that he could be out of the game
for at least three months. The Nemo man had the jaw operated on successfully yesterday and will still be out of action for some time including next Sunday week's All Ireland semi-final but he could figure again sooner rather than later. And that could well be down to the intervention of the Dunboyne herbalist who led Meath to four All Ireland titles and who was once the man who plotted on a regular basis to deny Cork in the late 80s and early 90s. He had the operation yesterday on the jaw and I'll be contacting him later
today. "We will keep our fingers crossed that he'll be back as soon as possible.'' Cork boss Billy Morgan told the Echo today that Boylan had been in touch with him when he heard of Masters' misfortune and offered to help in any way he could. "Sean contacted me to say that he would send down some stuff for James to take which might accelerate the healing process. "It is some sort of liquid that one takes after these type of injuries and I must say it was a very nice gesture from him. "I have told James about it and he is delighted with that news.

Wait till he tastes it.....
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Arsenic for sale (or gratis)?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

we are blue... etc

Is it true that Boylan used to have the Meath fellas on some kind of special blend minéarach bottle over the years? And has the Coyler taken out a prescription this season?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Devil Angel dust, I believe.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

magpie seanie

I read Boylan's book and he truly is a remarkable man and that's without his football managment exploits. I'd say you could chat to him for hours on end. He strikes me as a consumate sportsman and this gesture is typical of him from what I can gather.

rrhf

Fair play to Boylan indeed.  The masters injury is a major disappointment to all Gaelic fans. 

ONeill

rrhf, you're being awful civil these days. Disarming.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lecale2

Quote from: ONeill on August 10, 2007, 10:35:09 AM
rrhf, you're being awful civil these days. Disarming.
Is this the real Real Red Hand Fan?

The Subbie

See www.eveningecho.ie

Boylan to come to Masters’ aid

Morgan’s greatest rival to help Cork

CORK football star James Masters could be back in action much earlier than anticipated with the help of former Meath boss Sean Boylan. Masters sustained a broken jaw during last Saturday’s win over Sligo and it was feared that he could be out of the game
for at least three months. The Nemo man had the jaw operated on successfully yesterday and will still be out of action for some time including next Sunday week’s All Ireland semi-final but he could figure again sooner rather than later. And that could well be down to the intervention of the Dunboyne herbalist who led Meath to four All Ireland titles and who was once the man who plotted on a regular basis to deny Cork in the late 80s and early 90s. He had the operation yesterday on the jaw and I’ll be contacting him later
today. “We will keep our fingers crossed that he’ll be back as soon as possible.’’ Cork boss Billy Morgan told the Echo today that Boylan had been in touch with him when he heard of Masters’ misfortune and offered to help in any way he could. “Sean contacted me to say that he would send down some stuff for James to take which might accelerate the healing process. “It is some sort of liquid that one takes after these type of injuries and I must say it was a very nice gesture from him. “I have told James about it and he is delighted with that news.

Which healing process is that then , healing the jaw or the hurt of being  beat home in an All Ireland Semi - Final  ;)

Msgr. Horan

Quote from: The Subbie on August 10, 2007, 11:33:56 AM

See www.eveningecho.ie

Which healing process is that then , healing the jaw or the hurt of being  beat home in an All Ireland Semi - Final  ;)
Cork to win by 2 points

rolloutking

Boylan used to give the players a drink with some plant in it that made them sick if they drank. He said it was good because they could drink away all they wanted but the next day they would be vomitting and it sorted out peoples issues with drink.

I myself noticed at many Meath matches that the Meath players never took a drink from the wee water boys that would be along the outside of the pitch. Instead there would be an ice box over beside the dugout and Meath selectors would regularly be seen running out to the players with little black bottles. Maybe the explaination to Meath winning many matches in the last 10 minutes lay in those little black bottles.

Also a friend of mine used to work with John Mc Dermott and every day he had a little black bottle with his lunch. My friend says to him 'Is that a sup of mineral you have in that bottle' to which he replied 'I wish it was'

From Boylans book i read that one of the Meath players broke his collarbone 8 days before the All Ireland final and after Boylan worked his magic, he played in the final. The name eludes me but it just proves that the man is a little genious.

ONeill

Pure crap. Tis like Joe with the wristbands. Works when you win All-Irelands. Meath haven't won one in 8 years.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rolloutking

Now now O Neill, no need for the sour grapes.

Meath went through a rebuilding period after their glory years, something which will fall upon tyrone in the not so distant future

Frank Casey

Quote from: rolloutking on August 11, 2007, 12:08:01 AM
Now now O Neill, no need for the sour grapes.

Meath went through a rebuilding period after their glory years, something which will fall upon tyrone in the not so distant future

And maybe a few other things could fall upon them as well.
KERRY 3:7